Death Stranding Director's Cut (September 24, 2021) (PS5)

32 minutes ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

I feel like I missed something… What’s new in the Directors Cut? Box play?

More boring walking through a purposefully designed shitty terrain. This "game" is more boring than a real job.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Out 24 September 2021

Take on the trials of Sam Bridges with advanced combat, explore new locations with extra missions and minigames, experience an extended storyline and much more.

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

1 minute ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

I have read that the director's cut its PS5 only (source it's an Italian website). 

It's true? 

If it is, I say fuck them. 

I'm already getting tired of this director's cut bullshit. 

Same. Shit like this is just making me apprehensive about buying games at/near launch. And from what I'm finding, yeah, it's PS5 only.

I already played Death Stranding, don't really have much desire to play it again but if there's new content... I do kinda want to play that, just wish this was announced nearer to the game's original release. At the very least, I hope there's a save transfer, because no way in hell am I replaying it just for some new story missions, not matter how much I may have enjoyed it, it's not the kind of game I want to replay, especially when it's barely 2 years old yet.

Now I have to wonder what other games they're going to pull this with; Last of Us Part 2? Days Gone? God of War (2018)? Not really a fan of rebuying games, especially games that aren't even old. And yeah, I know there's the paid "upgrades", but I prefer to just have them physically then pay £10-20 or whatever for a digital upgrade that's still going to be tied to my PS4 disc.

Was kinda hoping this new gen would have less remasters/ports, considering the PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4 (and Series X/S with XOne), but it seems like they're pumping them out like there's no tomorrow right now.

I'll begrudgingly re-buy this version of Death Stranding eventually, when it's dropped to £20-25 or something, then probably never play it again anyway and continue to wonder why I waste money on games as much as I do.

• Like 3

Hell yeah, this looks awesome! Not just extra missions, but they're improving the combat mechanics and giving us a bunch of new gadgets to play around with. Loving the Cargo Catapult and Buddy Bot. ? I bought the physical PS4 version on launch, and I think I'm gonna buy it physically on PS5 too. It's a game I really enjoyed, so I don't mind double-dipping.

• Like 2

Details on PS5 features, cross-save and upgrade paths for PS4 players

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/08/death-stranding-directors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/

PlayStation 5 features

• Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
  • Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
  • Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
  • Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
  • Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support**.

Upgrade path defined

If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10, €10].

51299807934_035c739687_h.jpg

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Same. Shit like this is just making me apprehensive about buying games at/near launch. And from what I'm finding, yeah, it's PS5 only.

I already played Death Stranding, don't really have much desire to play it again but if there's new content... I do kinda want to play that, just wish this was announced nearer to the game's original release. At the very least, I hope there's a save transfer, because no way in hell am I replaying it just for some new story missions, not matter how much I may have enjoyed it, it's not the kind of game I want to replay, especially when it's barely 2 years old yet.

Now I have to wonder what other games they're going to pull this with; Last of Us Part 2? Days Gone? God of War (2018)? Not really a fan of rebuying games, especially games that aren't even old. And yeah, I know there's the paid "upgrades", but I prefer to just have them physically then pay £10-20 or whatever for a digital upgrade that's still going to be tied to my PS4 disc.

Was kinda hoping this new gen would have less remasters/ports, considering the PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4 (and Series X/S with XOne), but it seems like they're pumping them out like there's no tomorrow right now.

I'll begrudgingly re-buy this version of Death Stranding eventually, when it's dropped to £20-25 or something, then probably never play it again anyway and continue to wonder why I waste money on games as much as I do.

They released PS5 just to sell again all PS4 games:) already we have doom eternal/ metro exodus/ a plague tale/ wreckfest/ jedi fallen and more and soon Tsushima / gta5/ Death Stranding. Great. Exclusives that ps5 have now is Demons souls/ ratchet 2021/ Returnal/ Destruction all stars

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

They released PS5 just to sell again all PS4 games:) already we have doom eternal/ metro exodus/ a plague tale/ wreckfest/ jedi fallen and more and soon Tsushima / gta5/ Death Stranding. Great. Exclusives that ps5 have now is Demons souls/ ratchet 2021/ Returnal/ Destruction all stars

You could technically argue Demon's Souls isn't even exclusive since the original is on PS3. I think the remake is enough of a "remake" to be classed as being separate from the original, but at the end of the day, you could just play the original on PS3 and not have too vastly different of an experience (aside from it no longer having online).

It is disappointing seeing so many games that are only a few years old at most getting ported/"remastered" when the system is backwards compatible anyway. I'm sure it might be a good incentive for those that haven't gotten those games yet, or want to see the games perform and/or look a little better, but for someone that's already played or at least owns a lot of these games, it's pretty lacklustre to say the least.

I've often complained about the Switch having too many ports of games I've already played on the Wii U, but at least it does have plenty of new games (and some of those Wii U ports do have new content), and there's more of an excuse to port games to that system considering it isn't backwards compatible at all.

/rant

8 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Details on PS5 features, cross-save and upgrade paths for PS4 players

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/08/death-stranding-directors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/

PlayStation 5 features

• Experience environment effects with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
  • Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
  • Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
  • Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
  • Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support**.

Upgrade path defined

If you already own the PS4 version of Death Stranding, you can get the PS5 Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for only [$10, €10].

51299807934_035c739687_h.jpg

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

I feel like Death Stranding and the Dualsense were a match made in heaven. I can only imagine how immersive it'll be to be able to physically feel the terrain you're walking on in a game where traversing through the environment is the focal point. I assume the controller will put up some extra resistance when you're carrying more things too. I hope it works as well as I'm imagining it will anyway. The 60fps and fast loading times alone get me excited to experience the game again. ?

I love those avatars. It looks like the images were taken from the Death Stranding art book. They were drawn by Yoji Shinkawa which is why that have that MGS look to them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You could technically argue Demon's Souls isn't even exclusive since the original is on PS3. I think the remake is enough of a "remake" to be classed as being separate from the original, but at the end of the day, you could just play the original on PS3 and not have too vastly different of an experience (aside from it no longer having online).

It is disappointing seeing so many games that are only a few years old at most getting ported/"remastered" when the system is backwards compatible anyway. I'm sure it might be a good incentive for those that haven't gotten those games yet, or want to see the games perform and/or look a little better, but for someone that's already played or at least owns a lot of these games, it's pretty lacklustre to say the least.

I've often complained about the Switch having too many ports of games I've already played on the Wii U, but at least it does have plenty of new games (and some of those Wii U ports do have new content), and there's more of an excuse to port games to that system considering it isn't backwards compatible at all.

/rant

Surely if an upgrade/remaster of a game you have already played is announced you just ignore it and wait for the company's next release? You aren't forced to buy the new version and its not like your missing much bar perhaps a 4-5 hour dlc. It also means those that haven't got round to playing a game yet can play it with its best possible resolution/framerate. Though overall I do agree with the sentiment that purchasing games day 1 is far inferior to waiting thanks to sales, dlc bundles, patches and potential re-releases. At least in a year or two they'll be done with remastering ps4 games for ps5... I think ?