Odyssey Season Pass

SCREWBWOI

26 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

I saw on psn that the season pass is on sale for £16 and was wondering if it is worth it.

It includes both AC3 and Liberation Remastered aswell as 2 different dlc missions for odyssey.

Short answer yes long answer hell yes it's worth it your getting 2 free games and 2 dlc sagas that are equel to some games these days lol

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Heck yes. The DLC things are long as heck, so if you're getting them plus two other games, that's a crapload of content.

Assassin’s Creed III is next up on your list after Revelations. I hope you’re ready for some BS sync requirements. 

The package is definitely worth it at a discount, there’s a lot of content. Thing is I already did Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation, so I’ll probably just skip the remasters.

16 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

Beyond worth it. I bought it for this price two months ago and have been playing just the base game basically for the last month and a half and haven't even gotten to the DLC yet and I've loved every second of it.

Right? It's so good! I've always wanted to meet Sokrates. lol Have you met Plato yet? ?

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Assassin’s Creed III is next up on your list after Revelations. I hope you’re ready for some BS sync requirements. 

The package is definitely worth it at a discount, there’s a lot of content. Thing is I already did Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation, so I’ll probably just skip the remasters.

Eh. I'll adjust. I'll yell and want to throw my controller, but I'll adjust. Seeing our totally fierce founding fathers sticking it to the red coats will be fun, too. Don't tell me anything, but I hope they present them in a decent light.

1 hour ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Heck yes. The DLC things are long as heck, so if you're getting them plus two other games, that's a crapload of content.

Been a fan of AC a long time so more content sounds great, what caught my eye though we're the two free games and the Atlantis dlc?

24 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

Beyond worth it. I bought it for this price two months ago and have been playing just the base game basically for the last month and a half and haven't even gotten to the DLC yet and I've loved every second of it.

That's great to hear, sounds like I will also invest the money and I can also play AC liberations as it's the only one I've missed so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Short answer yes long answer hell yes it's worth it your getting 2 free games and 2 dlc sagas that are equel to some games these days lol

Ahh yes, I was thinking this also. AC3 is probably my fave AC game so replaying it is going to be fun. In addition to that trying out AC liberation for the first also going to be fun.

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

The Atlantis DLC actually includes both realms of the Greek Underworld (Elysium Fields and Hades) plus Atlantis, so it's absolutely wonderful.

Amazing to hear, will definitely invest my money into it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

Amazing to hear, will definitely invest my money into it.

Go for it! Do you remember the statue of Darius, the Persian Assassin in the Assassin Sanctuary underneath Monteriggioni in ACII and Brotherhood? You'll get to meet him in the Legacy of the First Blade DLC. I think you'll love it. I prefer the way that DLC is presented when you play as Alexios, btw.

Edited by Kristen Danielle

3 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Go for it! Do you remember the statue of Darius, the Persian Assassin in the Assassin Sanctuary underneath Monteriggioni in ACII and Brotherhood? You'll get to meet him in the Legacy of the First Blade DLC. I think you'll love it. I prefer the way that DLC is presented when you play as Alexios, btw.

Yes I do! That's so cool to reference stuff from previous titles. I haven't played odyssey yet so does that mean the story is different depending on the character you pick?

Just now, SCREWBWOI said:

Yes I do! That's so cool to reference stuff from previous titles. I haven't played odyssey yet so does that mean the story is different depending on the character you pick?

The story is the same, but the character's roles are different. Without revealing too much, if you pick Alexios, Kassandra becomes one of the "bad guys" and if you pick Kassandra, then Alexios does. Also, although you can romance characters of both sexes regardless of which character you choose throughout most of the story, eventually, the bloodline of the Assassins has to continue via a child, so if you pick Alexios, you get a female love interest and if you pick Kassandra, the love interest is male. I personally thought that the love interest they designed for Alexios was very beautiful and the relationship that the love interest has, whether male or female, with Darius just makes a lot more sense to me if you get the female one by choosing Alexios. Finally, in ancient Greece and most especially ancient Sparta, women were seen as mothers and homemakers for the most part, expected to raise well-bred sons to become Sparta's fiercest warriors, so having Kassandra as the hero of the story, in my personal opinion, doesn't make much historical sense. I think they should have gone with a mandatory male character in Odyssey and then allowed the players to choose the gender of their character in Origins because ancient Egypt was way ahead of its time regarding women's rights and their positions in society. I hope that helps! ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

7 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

The story is the same, but the character's roles are different. Without revealing too much, if you pick Alexios, Kassandra becomes one of the "bad guys" and if you pick Kassandra, then Alexios does. Also, although you can romance characters of both sexes regardless of which character you choose throughout most of the story, eventually, the bloodline of the Assassins has to continue via a child, so if you pick Alexios, you get a female love interest and if you pick Kassandra, the love interest is male. I personally thought that the love interest they designed for Alexios was very beautiful and the relationship that the love interest has, whether male or female, with Darius just makes a lot more sense to me if you get the female one by choosing Alexios. Finally, in ancient Greece and most especially ancient Sparta, women were seen as mothers and homemakers for the most part, expected to raise well-bred sons to become Sparta's fiercest warriors, so having Kassandra as the hero of the story, in my personal opinion, doesn't make much historical sense. I think they should have gone with a mandatory male character in Odyssey and then allowed the players to choose the gender of their character in Origins because ancient Egypt was way ahead of its time regarding women's rights and their positions in society. I hope that helps! 1f642.png

while @Kristen Danielle raises perfectly valid points from a historical perspective which I won’t argue with, I think it’s worth noting that the development team designed the game with Kassandra as the primary protagonist, only adding the ability to play as Alexios later, due to pressure applied after marketing / sales input -

The is reflected in the game, and it is generally considered (and I agree, having played the whole game as Kassandra and a portion as Alexios) that Kassandra is better voiced, acted and has a generally higher level of quality to her path.

Historically it might be anachronistic, but this is Assassin’s Creed - on the list of historical inaccuracies, these would rank about #1,000,000,000th on the list....

I personally found Kassandra to be a very compelling character who I had tremendous fun playing as and rooting for, while I found Alexios to be basically a generic videogame protagonist, with an off-puttingly poor voice performance, and found myself rolling my eyes at a lot of his cutscenes.

4 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Eh. I'll adjust. I'll yell and want to throw my controller, but I'll adjust. Seeing our totally fierce founding fathers sticking it to the red coats will be fun, too. Don't tell me anything, but I hope they present them in a decent light.

Oh, you will. Trust me, you will. You think some stuff in Revelations was bad, just wait until Assassin's Creed III.

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I personally found Kassandra to be a very compelling character who I had tremendous fun playing as and rooting for, while I found Alexios to be basically a generic videogame protagonist, with an off-puttingly poor voice performance, and found myself rolling my eyes at a lot of his cutscenes.

To each their own, I suppose. I couldn't stand her. lol I also didn't see any problems with Alexios' voice performance.

• Like 1

Aw i have had AC Odyssey for a good while now, and while i enjoyed what i played last year, it turned into backlog, so seeing this forum here now, makes me remember how good it was and how bad i wanted the DLC so i really want to buy it now, getting basically 3 games for the price of one on deal, (its 20 euro over here in ireland) is amazing! I didnt even know that you get AC 3 and AC Liberation, so hearing this is AWESOME thanks for making a forum about this, will hopefully pick this up before the deal end on the 3rd of Feb!

Edited by uduc2late
Typo.

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Oh, you will. Trust me, you will. You think some stuff in Revelations was bad, just wait until Assassin's Creed III.

I remember trying to win the fanorona was a big pain in the ass back in the day

4 minutes ago, uduc2late said:

Aw i have had AC Odyssey for a good while now, and while i enjoyed what i played last year, it turned into backlog, so seeing this forum here now, makes me remember how good it was and how bad i wanted the DLC so i relly want to buy it now, getting basically 3 games for the price of one on deal, (its 20 euro over here in ireland) is amazing! I didnt even know that you get AC 3 and AC Liberation, so hearing this is AWESOME thanks for making a forum about this, will hopefully pick this up before the deal end on the 3rd of Feb!

No problem my friend, I didnt even no myself until I randomly came across it in the psn store

19 minutes ago, Konzel-Erre said:

I bought the season pass and redeemed ACIII, but I can't find ACLiberation on the store...

Do I have to download it from ACIII? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

They are both in the same container file - you load the ACIII game, and it gives a branch menu asking which game you want to play ?

• Like 1