[NA] Remasters and Retro Sale (Ends Feb. 11)

NathanielJohn

On 1/27/2021 at 4:59 PM, Sigma999 said:

So i might get it and not experience much issues ? I have played the originals on PS2 and Trilogy on PS3 and don't want to be annoyed with framerate drops and camera most of the time.

It doesn't run as consistently well as the original and remastered collection—though it comes closer when played on PS5 (considerable improvement)—so you'll likely experience more frame drops than you have on the other versions you played, overall. On the other-hand, it doesn't have some of the notorious issues from the remastered collection, like the random directional punch bug.

Something important you also have to keep in mind is that people often don't list what regional version of the game(s) they're talking about in discussions about its quality, so in a lot of cases complaints can and usually comes more from the PAL versions of the games; PAL versions of games in general are historically worse than their NTSC counterpart. Speaking of which, I've been referring to the NTSC one.

Camera controls for the first two games- there's a few problems with it, but they've existed since the original versions. The complaints that the PS4 version received was for the horizontal camera being inverted/standardized (left=left, right=right). It was disliked solely because it was the opposite of the original games/not what people were used to (left=right, right=left). As implied, however, that was patched years ago, with the games being given a new mechanic to change it at will.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Eagles_Numba_One said:

I think i might pick up the deponia games. I played the first one and they are point and click adventure games that are pretty funny. Plus with them all being just over a dollar you can get all 3 for less than 5 bucks. That's a good deal. 

Im pretty sure there's 4 of them. And 1 got delisted for some reason that im sure someone will tell us why.

Edit: just did a quick research, yeah some people at Sony didnt like some humour in it or something like that. Buy the hard copy is the only way to obtain it these days. 

Again with the censorship.

Edited by punkshepherd
*censored*

46 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Im pretty sure there's 4 of them. And 1 got delisted for some reason that im sure someone will tell us why.

Edit: just did a quick research, yeah some people at Sony didnt like some humour in it or something like that. Buy the hard copy is the only way to obtain it these days. 

Again with the censorship.

Isn’t there a scene in that game where you sell a black woman into labor? Discussion surrounding its delisting is pretty available and it isn’t just “muh jokes”

8 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Isn’t there a scene in that game where you sell a black woman into labor? Discussion surrounding its delisting is pretty available and it isn’t just “muh jokes”

I merely duckduckgo'd it and didnt even click the link. 

But then i came back here. So i went ahead and clicked it this time. Yeah some racist comedy or something. I didnt dive too much into it.

But im assuming the OP doesnt mind the humour because as he says, he's played the first one. 

Interesting to know if its anything other than the humour. 

But i digress, getting off topic here. 

Gonna see if Commandos 2 has been patched. If it has been...well i might have a go. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I agree one of the best indie game I've played.   The platinum isn't hard either but at the same time you feel like you've accomplished something when you get it.

I couldn't agree more. :D

19 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

I got that one at a previous sale already , haven't pick it up yet but i know i will like i once i start 1f606.png

Enjoy! :popcorn:

I suggest you stack the platinum trophy if you really like it. :eyebrow:

40 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I meant, platinuming the game twice since it has two trophy lists (NA and EU). :)

Ah right. I normally don't do that just to get the trophies, only if i really like the game and want to replay the game all over, again but that would be like in different platforms not from other regions.

Edited by Sigma999

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Wasn’t Risen 3 a PS+ game?

You made me nervous for a second there.  I've paid for the same game twice once before, thanks to my out of control backlog, but have since kept a spreadsheet, but errors occur, of course. 

Risen 3: Titan Lords was a freebie for PS3 back in 2018.  Must be what you were remembering.

Here's a handy record to reference, if you find yourself curious about past freebies.  I used it (with no success, mind you) during the guess the PS+ games contest last year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fullna

11 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

You made me nervous for a second there.  I've paid for the same game twice once before, thanks to my out of control backlog, but have since kept a spreadsheet, but errors occur, of course. 

Risen 3: Titan Lords was a freebie for PS3 back in 2018.  Must be what you were remembering.

Here's a handy record to reference, if you find yourself curious about past freebies.  I used it (with no success, mind you) during the guess the PS+ games contest last year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fullna

Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. And you're right - I checked my trophies, and indeed it was Risen 3 on the PS3.

Not to scare you further, but...that game kind of sucked.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. And you're right - I checked my trophies, and indeed it was Risen 3 on the PS3.

Not to scare you further, but...that game kind of sucked.

:)  Correct!  I watched a few YT videos before pulling the trigger.  I determined four bucks was just about on par with my expected level of enjoyment.  

• Like 1

On 27.1.2021 at 7:42 PM, Parabellum53 said:

Should I get Tomb Raider or the GTA Trilogy? Tomb Raider is only $3 and I've always wanted to play the old GTAs. Or should I just save my money, wait, and work on my backlog?

Id go for Tomb Raider. The MP trophys suck but you'll find some players for them here like almost all the time. The GTA games are fine aswell but I gotta warn you, they wont be as good as they are in your memories. :D  (Source: me while playing Vice City, I cant cope with the dated controls...)

Edited by slaaack1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

So, Bully is at $8.99 like every other time it went on sale. Will it ever be at $5.99 (or lower) again like the time it was added to the Store?

I'm torn between buying it now or waiting until God knows when it's cheaper. 

I would say no. Rockstar has been sticking to that $9 price point for all of its PS2 games pretty hard. Sucks, 'cause there are a few I'd maybe buy for $6. But for $9, I just keep passing on them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I would say no. Rockstar has been sticking to that $9 price point for all of its PS2 games pretty hard. Sucks, 'cause there are a few I'd maybe buy for $6. But for $9, I just keep passing on them. 

Yeah, I knew I should have purchased it when it was $5.99, I skipped it probably in favor of other games believing it was going to be at that price again.

I wouldn't mind paying that price if Bully 2 were a reality.

Edited by Deceptrox