Abby_TheLastofUs

February's Playstation Plus games

134 posts in this topic

Woohoo! This is insane. So a little while ago during Christmas sale i wanted to grab control ultimate edition because it got really cheap. Unfortunately I didn't have any credits left on the psn store and I couldn't get a psn card because nearby stores were closed due to the Covid lockdown 

I thought to myself well it wasn't meant to be. Fast forward now and here we are. :). Guess fate was on my side

Pretty good month, been waiting to pull the trigger on buying Control and now I don't have to. Concrete Genie looks fun, though I'm not too keen on the 100% requiring VR. 

Control looks awesome. Definitely playing that. 

Also nice username, Abby is a great character, I actually like her quite a bit. :D 

First time in a while where I'm hyped for both PS4 titles. Both are games that I've hard good things about and have been meaning to play but have never got round to.

Not hearing a lot of great things about Destruction AllStars in terms of progression being locked behind microtransactions but given that I don't have (and don't look to be getting for the foreseeable future) a PS5, it's a bit of a moot point. I'll add it to the library regardless.

4 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Control Ultimate Edition? Wow! Isn’t this the 1st time a PS plus game came with the DLC? 

No. Usually, PS plus games don’t come with dlc, but I can think of the following games off the top of my head that have been free with PS plus and included dlc:

Borderlands: Handsome Collection

Bioshock: The Collection

Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Amazing month! Would highly recommend concrete genie to anyone wanting t try something new, finished it a while ago and loved it.

Looking forward to destruction all-stars and control myself. (Yeah maybe i need to control myself too 😂)

Wow, quite a solid month! With a bit of luck, it will spare us most of the usual monthly ‘Sony sucks soooo much’’ moaners...

Edited by Neef-GT5

Damn, Allstars looks so fun but I don't have a ps5 ;_;) I'm sad now ahhhh

Niiice!
I was this close to buy Concrete Genie and Control from the last sales, glad I have waited.

51 minutes ago, J_E_B_B said:

No. Usually, PS plus games don’t come with dlc, but I can think of the following games off the top of my head that have been free with PS plus and included dlc:

You’re right. Now I remember that. Wasn’t coming to my mind when I 1st saw this. 

Control, amusing how I was thinking to buy few days ago, this is a great month overall.

Wow, totally unexpected, especially after that huge backlash that Control had with original owners, now giving two full versions for ps+ subscribers. Great month, even already having platinumed Concrete genie. Now give me a discount for the deluxe pack :P 

Control and Concrete Genie are great choices. Highly recommend them. 

53 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Wow, quite a solid month! With a bit of luck, it will spare us most of the usual monthly ‘Sony sucks soooo much’’ moaners...

Sony sucks soooo much. :P But nah, pretty happy about Control with all the DLC, despite already owning Concrete Genie.

Bought Control  & the first dlc a couple months ago but never got around to playing it and forgot about it. Now I get  the 2nd dlc for free with Ultimate. This is great.

I can't say I'm interested in Destruction All-Stars (I don't yet own a PS5 anyway) but the other two games I've heard plenty of good things about. Concrete Genie for some time and I don't imagine having any issues Control having enjoyed inFAMOUS Second Son and First Light which appear very similar.

An overall strong month for PlayStation Plus members with the best IGC selection in a long while. All my opinion, of course.

All 3 are maybes which is higher than normal.  But there are games in my backlog clearly ahead of these.

Destruction All-stars probably interests me most, still need to get my hands on a PS5.  One day...

damn, just bought Control during the Christmas sales,... 10€, ultimate edition... 😅 oh well, at least i'll have concrete genie 

5 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

What's interesting though is those games are the only versions available on ps4, so they had to be the versions included with ps plus. I believe this is the first time they have included a game with all DLC when there is also a normal version of the game available (except for the final fantasy 15 royal edition which is in the ps plus collection).

Concrete Genie is spectacular. Please play this game if you passed on it when it came out.

Hah! So glad I held off on buying Control Ultimate. I didn't love the game, but now I can finally play the DLC for 100%.

2 hours ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

What's interesting though is those games are the only versions available on ps4, so they had to be the versions included with ps plus. I believe this is the first time they have included a game with all DLC when there is also a normal version of the game available (except for the final fantasy 15 royal edition which is in the ps plus collection).

I did some research and it seems that it truly is the first time they included a game with all dlc while a normal version was available. The closest example of this I could find in the past was Bioshock: The Collection being available for PS plus even though the two games included can be purchased separately. It's possible that at the time you could only purchase the collection, but if not then it's pretty interesting that they decided to offer it.

Edited by J_E_B_B

Great lineup for February , sucks I have control ultimate edition disc already but still cool month

I'm surprised Control is up there.  It's still pretty new.  

just found out PS PLUS ASIA is different, Control UE only for ps5 but with additional games of biped and bloodstained