February's Playstation Plus games

Abby_TheLastofUs

First time in a while where I'm hyped for both PS4 titles. Both are games that I've hard good things about and have been meaning to play but have never got round to.

Not hearing a lot of great things about Destruction AllStars in terms of progression being locked behind microtransactions but given that I don't have (and don't look to be getting for the foreseeable future) a PS5, it's a bit of a moot point. I'll add it to the library regardless.

4 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Control Ultimate Edition? Wow! Isn’t this the 1st time a PS plus game came with the DLC? 

No. Usually, PS plus games don’t come with dlc, but I can think of the following games off the top of my head that have been free with PS plus and included dlc:

Borderlands: Handsome Collection

Bioshock: The Collection

Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, J_E_B_B said:

No. Usually, PS plus games don’t come with dlc, but I can think of the following games off the top of my head that have been free with PS plus and included dlc:

You’re right. Now I remember that. Wasn’t coming to my mind when I 1st saw this. 

I can't say I'm interested in Destruction All-Stars (I don't yet own a PS5 anyway) but the other two games I've heard plenty of good things about. Concrete Genie for some time and I don't imagine having any issues Control having enjoyed inFAMOUS Second Son and First Light which appear very similar.

An overall strong month for PlayStation Plus members with the best IGC selection in a long while. All my opinion, of course.

5 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

What's interesting though is those games are the only versions available on ps4, so they had to be the versions included with ps plus. I believe this is the first time they have included a game with all DLC when there is also a normal version of the game available (except for the final fantasy 15 royal edition which is in the ps plus collection).

2 hours ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

What's interesting though is those games are the only versions available on ps4, so they had to be the versions included with ps plus. I believe this is the first time they have included a game with all DLC when there is also a normal version of the game available (except for the final fantasy 15 royal edition which is in the ps plus collection).

I did some research and it seems that it truly is the first time they included a game with all dlc while a normal version was available. The closest example of this I could find in the past was Bioshock: The Collection being available for PS plus even though the two games included can be purchased separately. It's possible that at the time you could only purchase the collection, but if not then it's pretty interesting that they decided to offer it.

Edited by J_E_B_B