PS5 version Free with February Playstation Plus

breakXedge

4 hours ago, sniperdude1996 said:

Will the trophies on the ps5 version autopop if I got the plat in the ps4 version?

Your save data is not going to transfer from PS4 to PS5. It will only carry over if you are playing the backward compatible version.

• If you are playing the backwards compatible PS4 version of Control Ultimate Edition on your PS5, then your save file will carry over.
  • If you are playing the new PS5 version of Control Ultimate Edition, your save file will NOT carry over. This is because the PlayStation 5 version of Control Ultimate Edition features a much newer version of the Northlight Engine compared to the one used in the PlayStation 4 version of the game that shipped in August 2019.

Source: TwistedVoxel

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Control Ultimate edition was 20 bucks on sale like 2 weeks ago. I told my friend to buy it since I think it's an underrated game. Now it's free for ps+ members! He's pissed off lol

Yeh and I wasted my money on the season pass and was gonna do a month of PS Now to finish it ???

Both versions are free, not just the PS5 version. So free easy platinums (and 100%) for those who haven't played it yet.

5 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Great month. I'm glad they're including both versions of Control. I thought it was pretty mean that Maneater was only for PS5 this month when it's a cross generation game. They could have included both versions! 

it is both versions... the listing even shows "PS5 | PS4"

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Control Ultimate edition was 20 bucks on sale like 2 weeks ago. I told my friend to buy it since I think it's an underrated game. Now it's free for ps+ members! He's pissed off lol

I bought it over a year ago and bought the Season Pass when that went on sale. Not being able to see into the future really sucks sometimes.

At least there's Concrete Genie too which I intended to get but kept forgetting it existed so at least now I can get that.

• Like 1

So happy with this selection this month mainly because of Control. Never had time to play through when it released originally so had planned to pick up when it was released for PS5. Will reserve judgment on destruction allstars, not my type of game but if the platinum isn’t too bad to attain I may play it.

With Control coming so soon to ps plus makes me wonder if the rumours of Sony buying Remedy are true ?

12 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Both versions are free, not just the PS5 version. So free easy platinums (and 100%) for those who haven't played it yet.

it is both versions... the listing even shows "PS5 | PS4"

Is it? It's not giving me an option to download it. Odd. I'll try again. 

It says 'PS5 version only, benefit not available for Maneater on PS4' on the listing. Maybe we got our wires crossed? I was saying it's mean that Maneater is PS5 only when it exists as a cross generation game. Control is for both platforms. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/30/januarys-playstation-plus-games-maneater-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-and-greedfall/

Edited by JoesusHCrust
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

It says 'PS5 version only, benefit not available for Maneater on PS4' on the listing. Maybe we got our wires crossed? I was saying it's mean that Maneater is PS5 only when it exists as a cross generation game. Control is for both platforms. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/12/30/januarys-playstation-plus-games-maneater-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-and-greedfall/

Maneater is PS5 only.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

We're talking about Control. Yeah, Maneater was only PS5.

• 2 weeks later...

I had, and had platinumed, the vanilla version of the game on PS4 and then rebought the game when the Ultimate edition was on sale in December for $20 so that I'd have the PS5 version when it came out and could replay it.  It's great for everyone else that it launched as a free game on Plus for everyone else but.....I was kinda pissed.

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, Evers_cl said:

Any one knows how to upgrade the free plus version of ps4 to the ps5? or i have to pay for the ps5 version?

You can't. You had to claim the PS5 version when it was on PS+ to get that version. The PS4 version was separate and non-upgradeable. If you didn't claim the PS5 version back then you have to pay for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

You can't. You had to claim the PS5 version when it was on PS+ to get that version. The PS4 version was separate and non-upgradeable. If you didn't claim the PS5 version back then you have to pay for it.

Damn, thank you.