Sad...

Elk_mistral

3 minutes ago, Elk_mistral said:

It so sad.. this game won't be release in west for Playstation. i have all Disgeae game on PS console. 

seem like Nintendo switch is the only solution for us 1f622.png

Disgaea has never released on a Playstation console in the west at the same time as Japan. 

Why don’t you wait a few months (4-6 as history shows Disgaea usually takes) and then see where things are?

• Like 1

Just now, Elk_mistral said:

I don’t see where NISA have any quotes on that page. In fact, the quote given when asked about coming to Playstation was “At this time, we don’t have further comments on whether this title will release on other platforms outside of Switch. Any future updates would be announced on our official channels, so please keep an eye out!”. 

• Like 1

I recently finished Disgaea 1 complete on the Switch, so I'm hyped for this game regardless. Hope it comes to PS systems in the west, but I love playing these types of games on the Switch. I've been debating on grabbing it day 1, but I'll see what I have to play on the switch then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/disgaea-6-defiance-of-destiny-announced-for-ps4-switch

"An NIS America representative has issued the following comment to Gematsu regarding the PlayStation 4 version in the west: “At this time, we don’t have further comments on whether this title will release on other platforms outside of Switch. Any future updates would be announced on our official channels, so please keep an eye out!"

Which to me, sounds like a timed exclusive.

But I heard on the internet that the game will not be released on PlayStation in the west due to censorship. Therefore it must be true, regardless of how little sense that makes.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

But I heard on the internet that the game will not be released on PlayStation in the west due to censorship. Therefore it must be true, regardless of how little sense that makes.

Honestly I'm seriously doubtful to that. There's very little in terms of Censorship to the game and they make so much money on the series (it is basically the flagship of NIS) that I doubt they would ever exclude a console for good.

I believe it's most likely a timed release and their only doing it to drum up sales of their Switch games. Which to me makes sense because if you want people to buy games on a console they might not own or be like hey there's this game too. So you make it an exclusive and drive the money to where you want it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/disgaea-6-defiance-of-destiny-announced-for-ps4-switch

"An NIS America representative has issued the following comment to Gematsu regarding the PlayStation 4 version in the west: “At this time, we don’t have further comments on whether this title will release on other platforms outside of Switch. Any future updates would be announced on our official channels, so please keep an eye out!"

Which to me, sounds like a timed exclusive.

according to playasia.com, they will be accepting preorders for the western (US and EU) version of Disgaea 6 soon... No worries yet...

Cant you just make a japanese psn account and play it that way? I'm always seeing posts from people that stack different region trophies etc just buying games on other region accounts and somehow getting the trophies on their main account? So surly there must be a way around it if there isn't a western release.

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Honestly I'm seriously doubtful to that. There's very little in terms of Censorship to the game and they make so much money on the series (it is basically the flagship of NIS) that I doubt they would ever exclude a console for good.

I believe it's most likely a timed release and their only doing it to drum up sales of their Switch games. Which to me makes sense because if you want people to buy games on a console they might not own or be like hey there's this game too. So you make it an exclusive and drive the money to where you want it.

Yes, that is the sensible way to look at the situation, as I mentioned last week in another thread: 

All anyone needs to do is look at the original post in this topic. 

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Disgaea has never released on a Playstation console in the west at the same time as Japan. 

Why don’t you wait a few months (4-6 as history shows Disgaea usually takes) and then see where things are?

This would be a different sort of waiting. Previously it is a few months for dubbing and localization.  In this case it is a matter of the West release being limited to the Switch and then PS console owners waiting more for that exclusivity deal to end.

You can say it is an assumption that a deal is in place but it is clearly not about the normal wait for localization. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

I wouldn't be surprised if NISA is having to jump through additional hoops before releasing it to the west and isn't ready to announce it, but yeah, thinking from a business sense point of view, it'd be silly to not to put it on PS systems in the west.

We'll see though, they'll have to address it at some point.

I could see them canceling the PS4 version to focus on a PS5 version for the west but its still really strange and seems like a bit of a gamble since PS5s are still going to be pretty elusive for a while.

at the same time though I think D6 being a "timed exclusive" is a little dubious. if that was the case why wasnt it the same in Japan?

ive just stacked d2 japanese plat a while ago, you get kinda used to it, so i ll import this one, i have a japan acc, but i cant buy psn cards fot that area, playasia didnt help lol

im pretty much sure its a time exclusive thing... just like the good ol resident 4 heheh

• 1 month later...

I beat D6 last week and thought i give my 2 cents, since the guide i wrote came off kinda like I hated it...

This isn't the worst Disgaea (personally, I didn't care much for D1C). I'd recommend D5 over this any day. I'd still buy it again though if we'd get a localized PS4 version :)

D6 is trimmed down by a lot, like it fell in a woodchipper and they got it out just in time, so let me tell you first what I liked:

- The 3D look is nice. It runs super smooth on a base PS4 and you can even turn on anti aliasing, although that tanks the framerate. It does come off as kinda cheap over all. You can (kinda) move the camera around. Also press R3 for an interesting camera angle, gave me a headach. Also it's bouncy.

- Great music, it's very Disgaea and that's pretty nice

- I liked the cast of characters. Zed is kinda generic (and another fistfighter), but the rest are pretty cool, don't wanna spoil stuff though.

- You get 10 Chapters, + 2 Postgame Storys, the traditonal House of Ordeal (it's called something else here, but you get it), and 5 exclusive stages for each the Land of Carnage and the Rakshasa dimension

- There are a lot of cool maps here, some pretty vertical too. Due to chara restrictions it plays more tactical than before (or you can just steamroll everything, your choice!)

- EXP is now gained after a map and every dispatched unit receives exp. The MVP mechanic form D5 returns. Also you get lots of exp from the get go. Meaning you won't need to stay back in level some units you neglected. I hope this EXP mechanic is now in every Disgaea

- Item levels are global now. Say you level some gum to level 10; next one you find will also be level 10.

- I love the super high level cap, it's just fun :]

- Every unit has their own achievement system. You can get items, mana, exp, stat buffs, karma, evility points etc. Neat. The downside is, you have to manually claim these, which, if you have a lot of units... you know

- The drinkbar is pretty cool, you can add permanent stat boosts to your guys, level them up, gain mana, weapon mastery, class mastery it's neat. Gotta admit though, i'm not sure how to get extracts reliably, but that's my fault. You can acutually max out your stats with the drinkbar alone, but that might take a while.

- Innocence Farm is back! Still pretty cool

- The auto mode is fun and very useful for grinding

- Lots of Squads with different functions

Stuff i'm neutral on:

- There is no class world. Chara upgrades are now done via reincarntaion in exchange for karma. Part of me likes it, other part dislikes it. D5 had a super fun class world, it's weird how it's just gone. There's also no aptitude. You can't inherit skills nor evilities from your squad members. Passing evilities down is now simpler, just have the skill shop make a scroll out of a units ability and give it to your guy. Skills can't be inherited.

- No weapon skills. Every unit has 4 skills, making every unit now unique. You can only learn spells via scrolls. You can't give all your guys Big Bang. Kinda like it, but also come on.

- There are very few generic classes and only 4 new ones at that (2 humanoid & 2 monsters). The android is fine i guess, but i liked the look of the D4 one better. I do like the new Psychic class, she's pretty cool looking. The equipped weapon is hovering next to her. Pretty sweet and I get it you know, but I want the wrestler, brother

- No free coloring of units. Might matter more to some, but it's back to preset colors.

- There's no gimmick to the battles. Like revenge mode, i figured they'll spice the combat up from now on with different gimmicks. Just found it curious

- The kind of innocence you can get has been reduced by a lot. You can just buy them at the Item worlder. There is no Fencer, Lumberjack etc

- You can't capture enemies. I thought that's how you get extracts but, guess not.

- No Dual wielding weapons, just found it odd to remove it

Stuff I don't like:

- A standard punch is all you need. I'm sure you can make skills viable, like boosting to 9999 and stuff. I can still just throw a punch and it liquifies the opposition. Early on I used skills a lot, but later I just deactivated skills on Zed

- Item World + 3 Sets of items. You get regular world, LoC & Rakshasa. The latter sports some super high stat items, which due to the games balance and stat cap end up with questinable usefulness. Considering you can max out your stats through reincarnating, stat growth and 1 evility, it seems a tad pointless to even consider getting through the trouble to get a trap and leveling it to 9999. It won't change your stats. There's no item world dark assembly. You buy the item upgrades at the base from the Item Worlder in exchange for item points (which you get by trading in items at the Item Worlder). There just is not much reason to go in the item world, get 2 trophies, subdue innos and maybe for old times sake

- Thiefs are a pain. Even at level 2 million with a levl 99 stealing skill boosted to 1600 I had a 29% chance to steal from a level 9999 enemy. They do get lots of exp though, so if you decide to go with a generic unit as your Rakshasa conquorer, use a thief and reincarnate

- Monster units got a pretty strong downgrade. There are no monster weapons. Monsters now equip regular gear, doesn't show up on the model of course. There is no magichange, no fusion, no mounting, nothin'. Monsters are able to pick up and throw now. No bouncing off anymore so that's nice i guess. i'm pretty sure there is no monster unit in the main cast

- Don't like the base. It's small and rather flat. There aren't any treasures to collect inbetween chapters. Ther're still small events though.

I probably forgot something, just writing it off the cuff ;)

Edited by FreshMangaFlesh
formatting
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...