100 Hour trophy, what did you do for it? (Got my Plaitnum now!) *Updated*

Sylvanticore

Greetings all.

I started this game up knowing full well of the 100 hour trophy that is required for platinum, it is my last trophy required and currently I am running into a few issues with it. I wanted to ask for those who have it what did you do? did you leave it at the main menu for many many hours or pause the game and leave it running?.

The reason I ask is I have been leaving mine on the main menu over night and then waking up to check the progress. This was going fine but as I hit the 37 hour mark it seems like that is no longer working, the timer is hardly going up or not moving at all.

Thank you in advance and hope you're all having a good day!

Edited by Sylvanticore

49 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Greetings all.

I started this game up knowing full well of the 100 hour trophy that is required for platinum, it is my last trophy required and currently I am running into a few issues with it. I wanted to ask for those who have it what did you do? did you leave it at the main menu for many many hours or pause the game and leave it running?.

The reason I ask is I have been leaving mine on the main menu over night and then waking up to check the progress. This was going fine but as I hit the 37 hour mark it seems like that is no longer working, the timer is hardly going up or not moving at all.

Thank you in advance and hope you're all having a good day!

Not my info, credit goes to Cheevo from TA. Anyways double check one of these and see if it solves it for you.

- You can track your Hours at the Stats Screen
- Cheats TEMPORARILY disable the time counter. You're play time won't start adding up again until you force close the game in effort to turn off the cheats. (Restart the game)
- This CAN BE obtained by staying idle at the main menu *Dragon shadow must still be moving*
- Make sure you adjust your xbox settings so your xbox doesn't fall asleep after awhile
- Make sure you use a wired controller so the screen doesn't dim out.
- After 100 Hours on the stat screen, the achievement WILL NOT pop right away. You must complete at least one level for it to pop.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I think that there is something wrong with the "in game time counter" - I got all the trophies except "Lifeless" 4 days ago and left the game in main menu to gather 100h playing hours.

Since, as already mentioned, time is only counted after finishing the level and resets after every 24h, so from time to time I was starting level 1 and dying in it.

This morning at 9:00 am I was at 85h according to the stats. Now it is 19:00 and I started one level just in case and I was super surprised that I got "Lifeless" (and plat).

My stats show 104h now... But only 10h passed since morning... Strange...

Edited by Smashero

• 4 weeks later...

I'm leaving the game on the menu and then doing start new game, and then closing the game a couple seconds after selecting the difficulty. Works well so far.

And yeah, this trophy is stupid. Possibly one of the worst offenders to have such a trophy. At least the other games I've played that had this kind of trophy were mostly RPGs.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I wrapped up this platinum a few weeks ago and the process for getting the 'lifeless' aka 100hr trophy is pretty simple.

Here's what I did:

• Start the game and play a level. It doesn't matter if you start a new game or continue from a previous save. Just complete at least one level. 
  • After completing one level, exit to the main menu.
  • Let the game continue to run, turning off the auto system shutoff. I did use my DualSense controller plugged in via a USB-C cable to my PS5 though I'm not sure that actually affects anything.
  • At any point, go back to the game and play another level. Again, it doesn't matter if it's a continue or new game. Just play and beat at least one level. 
  • Check your stats and you should see that you 'banked' all the hours.

As far as I can tell, the game timer starts when you start playing a level. The timer continues to run but in order to get or 'bank' all the hours you need to bookend the time by completing another level.

I verified this on a PS5 and checked my stats before starting any level and then after letting the game run and playing the bookend level. Hopefully that makes sense. The trophy is annoying but really easy to get.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Little sidenote on what I discovered: it's true you have to finish a level to bank your time 'wasted' on the main menu with the dragon's shadow flying around, BUT after you beat the game once you unlock the Shadow Menu (which is for another trophy), and in there you can simply episode select the intro, skip it, and voilá, time banked in 5 seconds. Now at ~40 hours, so no trophy yet, but the stat seems to register it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got the platinum in June and I found out something that I don’t think most people know. This may have just been a glitch that happened to me but when I left my console on overnight I set my online status to offline and it gave me double the amount of time. So I would leave the game on for 9-10 hours and the game would track 18-20 hours which helped me get the platinum faster. I don’t know if this works for everyone but it worked for me so you can try this out if you’d like.

• 1 month later...

I left my console idle on the title screen like everyone else, but in order to double your time you need to bank your hours by starting a new game then quitting out then leave it idle on the title screen again, when you come to bank the hours again they should be doubled. I did this totally offline.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any doubling of hours, and I've tried appearing offline and actually being offline. You guys doing this on PS4 or PS5?

Here is my experience so far. If you bank the hours, make sure to start a New Game and do not choose Continue. Using Continue and then quitting back to the main menu will show an increase in your hours at the stats screen, but once you close the game the progress isn't saved. If you bank it with a New Game it will be saved. No need to complete the level.

I'm guessing using Continue just loads the save and doesn't write anything back to your save file. Whereas choosing New Game creates/writes a new game on your save file, along with the played hours.

I suppose if you use Continue and finish the level, the progress will be saved as well, but I haven't tested that.

I did all this on a PS4.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 12:02 PM, Appappachai said:

The in game timer wont go above 29? I played a level and let it sit on main menu and came back an hour later and the timer went from 29.5 to 29.4.

Any fix?

You have to play another level (either dying or completing it) after waiting in the menu. You basically have to "bookend" the menu time with playing levels. The quickest way I found is just play the first level on hard and let your character die, then choose to go back to the menu. 

Edited by JilllSandwich