Sylvanticore

100 Hour trophy, what did you do for it? (Got my Plaitnum now!) *Updated*

5 posts in this topic

Greetings all.

I started this game up knowing full well of the 100 hour trophy that is required for platinum, it is my last trophy required and currently I am running into a few issues with it. I wanted to ask for those who have it what did you do? did you leave it at the main menu for many many hours or pause the game and leave it running?.

The reason I ask is I have been leaving mine on the main menu over night and then waking up to check the progress. This was going fine but as I hit the 37 hour mark it seems like that is no longer working, the timer is hardly going up or not moving at all.

Thank you in advance and hope you're all having a good day!

Edited by Sylvanticore

49 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Greetings all.

I started this game up knowing full well of the 100 hour trophy that is required for platinum, it is my last trophy required and currently I am running into a few issues with it. I wanted to ask for those who have it what did you do? did you leave it at the main menu for many many hours or pause the game and leave it running?.

The reason I ask is I have been leaving mine on the main menu over night and then waking up to check the progress. This was going fine but as I hit the 37 hour mark it seems like that is no longer working, the timer is hardly going up or not moving at all.

Thank you in advance and hope you're all having a good day!

Not my info, credit goes to Cheevo from TA. Anyways double check one of these and see if it solves it for you.

- You can track your Hours at the Stats Screen
- Cheats TEMPORARILY disable the time counter. You're play time won't start adding up again until you force close the game in effort to turn off the cheats. (Restart the game)
- This CAN BE obtained by staying idle at the main menu *Dragon shadow must still be moving*
- Make sure you adjust your xbox settings so your xbox doesn't fall asleep after awhile
- Make sure you use a wired controller so the screen doesn't dim out.
- After 100 Hours on the stat screen, the achievement WILL NOT pop right away. You must complete at least one level for it to pop.

On 28/01/2021 at 10:39 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

- Make sure you use a wired controller so the screen doesn't dim out.

This may have been the issue, for this I was using PS Remote on my pc, perhaps it considered it a wireless controller and was just acting like it wasn't active, will try this and give my results tomorrow.

UPDATE!

After trying this I can confirm the timer ingame is actually working like it should, wired controller and left the PS4 on the title screen, when I came back the timer had not gone up but once I loaded up a level and quit back to the title screen the timer was then updated, 45 more hours of this to go!

UPDATE 2!

Well it seems the game didn't like me doing that as it decided once I loaded the game back up to put me at 41 hours and 6 minutes played... whose idea was this trophy!

UPDATE 3!

So finally after a week I have this trophy, for anyone who is planning to play this or is playing and going for that Lifeless trophy I would suggest not doing what I did which was leave my PS4 on for hours upon hours and do this trophy while you are asleep. Have the PS4's sleep mode turned off, use a wired controller like was stated in the second post on this thread and make sure you play a full level every few hours to get your stats timer to update. I made the mistake furing my first few hours of starting a level and backing out to the main menu a few times and for some reason after I turned the ps4 off it did not save those hours to make sure to complete a full level.

Edited by Sylvanticore

Posted (edited)

I think that there is something wrong with the "in game time counter" - I got all the trophies except "Lifeless" 4 days ago and left the game in main menu to gather 100h playing hours.

Since, as already mentioned, time is only counted after finishing the level and resets after every 24h, so from time to time I was starting level 1 and dying in it.

This morning at 9:00 am I was at 85h according to the stats. Now it is 19:00 and I started one level just in case and I was super surprised that I got "Lifeless" (and plat).

My stats show 104h now... But only 10h passed since morning... Strange...

Edited by Smashero

I'm leaving the game on the menu and then doing start new game, and then closing the game a couple seconds after selecting the difficulty. Works well so far.

And yeah, this trophy is stupid. Possibly one of the worst offenders to have such a trophy. At least the other games I've played that had this kind of trophy were mostly RPGs.