Impossible Platinum Flagged/Section

Stedde

Hi,
I was wondering if there has been any thoughts/talks about creating a section on you profile page or flag the games that are impossible to get 100%/Platinum on due to server has been closed down etc?
It would be nice if the stood out on your trophy list with some type of symbol/icon or that they maybe where at the bottom in it's own section or something? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I've thought about this too, but wouldn't it cause issues when people legitimately obtain platinums years later because they unlocked all of the online trophies before the server closure?

I don't think so because they could just look at the unobtainable trophy timestamps and see they were done years ago so it would be a legit method.

41 minutes ago, DaScorpio_ said:

Yes, I think that'd be a nice feature.

In addition to that, maybe even create a small disclaimer ("heads up" text message) on game's actual page, saying something like "Servers closed, MP trophies unavailable" ?

It might need to be done on each page separately, but the members of community could report unobtainable plats (or I think there's a thread about them already), so mods wouldn't spend a lot of time looking for those games.

I like to idea with "heads-up"!

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This has been brought up many times and whilst Sly has shown interest in the idea, there has been zero movement on it so all you can do is monitor the server closure threads both here and on .org :(.

OK, I knew I was not first with this idea. Too bad no interest has been shown but maybe a friendly reminder like this will put it on his radar again. ?

10 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I don't think so because they could just look at the unobtainable trophy timestamps and see they were done years ago so it would be a legit method.

I agree. 
The timestamp when it became impossible to get it would set a "flag" on the game to show that from now on it will be impossible to get 100%/Get the platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stedde said:

I like to idea with "heads-up"!

OK, I knew I was not first with this idea. Too bad no interest has been shown but maybe a friendly reminder like this will put it on his radar again. 1f60a.png

I agree. 
The timestamp when it became impossible to get it would set a "flag" on the game to show that from now on it will be impossible to get 100%/Get the platinum.

What's impossible for you may not be impossible for others...for example someone could create a custom server for a specific game so they can earn online trophies again after official server closure but keep the custom server private to only friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I guess I meant more like would these unobtainable flags be universal or specific? If I have all online trophies in Lord of the Rings Conquest would my advisor still flag the plat as impossible or would it recognise that for me in this example it is still obtainable? Food for thought.

1 hour ago, PS_Bowser said:

What's impossible for you may not be impossible for others...for example someone could create a custom server for a specific game so they can earn online trophies again after official server closure but keep the custom server private to only friends.

I did not know that was possible.

But then I understand that it makes it harder of course. 

2 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:

And that would certainly flag that someone (the person who earned the trophies with custom server) on the system as illegitimate achiever IMO. Custom servers are almost same as hacking trophies; for example when people playing online get put into custom servers and unlock loads of trophies automatically (IIRC, some CoD, GTA V and RDR had them).

Sure, some might get them by doing them legitimately, but there's no way to prove since servers were closed already, hence why custom servers are a no-no.   

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I guess I meant more like would these unobtainable flags be universal or specific? If I have all online trophies in Lord of the Rings Conquest would my advisor still flag the plat as impossible or would it recognise that for me in this example it is still obtainable? Food for thought.

It really depends on how it would be implemented. For example, the way I thought of, would be that game page just shows an additional text message, saying that some trophies are unobtainable (ignoring the fact if you have earned it or not).

In regards to flagging illegitimate achievers, again, there's multiple ways of doing it, but I'd say that whoever checks the timestamps & flags users (idk what you call it...bot? or is it a human?), could look at the message displayed to see what trophies are unobtainable, then check who earned the trophies AFTER they became unobtainable and flag them then.

I just thought this up on the fly, so there's most likely more that would need to be adjusted / added etc. but just my thoughts on the topic ☺

On 1/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, DaScorpio_ said:

Yes, I think that'd be a nice feature.

In addition to that, maybe even create a small disclaimer ("heads up" text message) on game's actual page, saying something like "Servers closed, MP trophies unavailable" ?

It might need to be done on each page separately, but the members of community could report unobtainable plats (or I think there's a thread about them already), so mods wouldn't spend a lot of time looking for those games.

This is technically possible to do. If you look at Destiny 2 (PS4) you will see a special announcement that is unique to that trophy list. However, at this time, only Sly can apply this bar to PSNP lists and is not within the GIT's ability to apply these token announcements despite the discussed utility of being able to do so.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dreggit said:

This is technically possible to do. If you look at Destiny 2 (PS4) you will see a special announcement that is unique to that trophy list. However, at this time, only Sly can apply this bar to PSNP lists and is not within the GIT's ability to apply these token announcements despite the discussed utility of being able to do so.

That's actually really cool, never knew that.

Now all that we'd need to do is either let mods apply those messages as well, or allow people to send a "request" and mods allow / disallow it. 

PS: really loving your signature message :P