Dualsense discoloring after hours of use

UlvenFenrir

Didnt find any topic on this but i have two dualsense controllers and after hours of use, the white plastic is starting to get this blue-ish color on the back of the controller where my fingers rest. Can anyone check to see if they have the same issue? Its happening to both of my controllers and ive tried cleaning them with alcohol wipes but it doesnt help much.

obviously its from sweaty hands so its unavoidable in my case but it is kinda annoying though.

Similar issue here. PS5 controller looks a lil' funky after less than 100 hours of use, while my OEM PS3 controllers are still clean after over a decade.

The design, while neat, is a haven for whatever gunk is on your hands. I typically keep my hands clean, but the PS5 controller thinks otherwise.

Mine collect grime too after playing for a little bit. My hands don't even get that sweaty and I usually wash my hands before playing to try and avoid the problem. I've never had them turn blue-ish though and nothing that a wet wipe can't clean.

While the pattern of the controller doesn't help, it still bugs me that they went all in on white. It takes me back to my Xbox 360 days where I was constantly trying to stay on top of making sure the controllers didn't get too dirty. I ended up getting a grip to cover the surface of the controller minus the buttons. In one sense it's probably good because our past controllers were likely collecting the same amount of dirt but it was harder to see.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 6:18 AM, Rando-Calrisian- said:

As a former yugoslav, I wash my hands very thoroughly but mine has already started to discolour on the back (dead skin). This is due to the fact that, as I am a former yugoslav, I sweat alot.

what the heck does being a [insert any current/former country] have to do with it...?

Otherwise I think the issue is with the micro-logo grips on the back. They are excellent in terms of grip on the controller but since they are small hole patterns (X, O,...) they tend to gather dirt or dead skin which is unavoidable. I use a microfibre cloth and window cleaner (same stuff to clean my TV screen) and it cleans it easily. But they are slightly more maintenance in that regards - I don't mind it as much since the grip is superb.

• Like 1

A blue-ish colour sounds like a chemical reaction with the paint. Maybe something you have on your hands (moisturiser?) or your skin natural oils.

My controller hasn't gotten dirty yet, except for the "seam" (the crevice line on the side where the top and bottom part connect). I've already had to give it a deep clean because of the grime that had built up in there became visible.

On 28/01/2021 at 5:26 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

Didnt find any topic on this but i have two dualsense controllers and after hours of use, the white plastic is starting to get this blue-ish color on the back of the controller where my fingers rest. Can anyone check to see if they have the same issue? Its happening to both of my controllers and ive tried cleaning them with alcohol wipes but it doesnt help much.

obviously its from sweaty hands so its unavoidable in my case but it is kinda annoying though.

mine too but it's dirt. If you've ever owned a white controller this is nothing new, leave it or use alcohol wipes or sanitizer (we all should have sanitizer lololol),

also gold controllers(ps4) turn brown/bronze from sweat