How do ps4 games run on ps5

Lars

15 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

That is not true in the slightest. Some games are hard coded to not run above 30FPS. Maybe PS6 will have a mode that can force games to run above their hard coded caps but PS5 doesn't.

Same thing for resolution especially when you're running at higher FPS for some games. If you choose the performance mode some games won't allow you to go above 1080.

More info about game performance limitations or issues here:

PS4 BC Games w/ Issues on PS5 - PlayStation 5 - PSNProfiles

Shit, last time I checked the list wasn’t that long! I’m considering to buy a PS4 Pro to play PS4 games and use PS5 for PS5 games only. Solves all problems. Its not like the PS5 will properly restock anyway so I got plenty of time to save money.

1 hour ago, Lars said:

Hello, may i ask you where you bought it? I looked at all the big retailers like bol, media markt. They were all out of stock or very expensive, sidenote is that i want a new one

Finding a brand new one will be difficult. You can try to find one on Ebay, I found 5 brand new limited edition PS4 Pro’s on there for €500 each (TLOU2 edition). You can check 2dehands and Gamemania as well, there are many people who sell their console that’s barely to never used. I think Ebay is your best shot to find brand new.

1 hour ago, Lars said:

Hello, may i ask you where you bought it? I looked at all the big retailers like bol, media markt. They were all out of stock or very expensive, sidenote is that i want a new one

i haven't bought it but if you just google ps4 and a model if you want a specific one then you will find a lot of options even on mediamarkt i found a ps4 slim with three really good games voor 338 euros but you can go cheaper on other sites and you oculd possibly go to marktplaats and buy one off there for like 150 euros but that's only if you don't mind being second owner. there is enough choice so it's an option. let me know if you've made a decision :)

12 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Sorry I didn't meant 60fps and 4K at the same time and I also meant the big titles and not games like Octodad or Farming Simulator. And yes, some games are hardcoded at that rate. But many games that were capable of going over 30 on the PS4 (Pro) you can expect to go up to 60fps like The Last Guardian, Ghost of Tsushima and such. Except Bloodborne of course :)

Nice deflection and evidence that you haven't actually checked any of the games. The Last Guardian your own example can only do 60 while unpatched and regardless of patch or not can't do 4K, it maxes at 1890 while true 4K is 2160. GoT still maxes out at 1800c just like on the Pro.

PS5 is still great for playing most PS4 games but it isn't perfect. This has always been the case for BC and the bad meme about how new hardware only improves games needs to stop.

18 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Nice deflection and evidence that you haven't actually checked any of the games. The Last Guardian your own example can only do 60 while unpatched and regardless of patch or not can't do 4K, it maxes at 1890 while true 4K is 2160. GoT still maxes out at 1800c just like on the Pro.

PS5 is still great for playing most PS4 games but it isn't perfect. This has always been the case for BC and the bad meme about how new hardware only improves games needs to stop.

In my first comment I said that some games have to be unpatched. And in my last one I said that I didn't mean 60fps and 4K at the same time. And btw. why so rude?

4 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

In my first comment I said that some games have to be unpatched. And in my last one I said that I didn't mean 60fps and 4K at the same time. And btw. why so rude?

Because you're dismissive of my comment by mentioning indie games, heavy implication there. Most AAA games don't run true 4K on PS5 because the PS4 Pro wasn't capable of true 4K in most AAA games.

14 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Because you're dismissive of my comment by mentioning indie games, heavy implication there. Most AAA games don't run true 4K on PS5 because the PS4 Pro wasn't capable of true 4K in most AAA games.

I wasn't dismissive. In my world I just implied that one would only know how big titles play on the PS5. I even referred to Digital Foundry. And obviously I was wrong about the resolution of some games.

• Like 1