Spring 2021 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Thank you! also I completely forgot to say - congrats on Cuphead! That platinum seems like an absolute monster to achieve, so I feel like that platinum alone is already equal to my entire completion list in this challenge ?.

I've been thinking about starting up the Dragon Age trilogy recently, but since the Mass Effect trilogy remaster came along, I've started to hold out hope EA/Bioware will do something similar with DA:O, DA:2 and DA:Inquisition. I would love to jump back into that series again.

I really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins, the story in it was great. But there are regular frame rate dips as you head into combat encounters, and the combat mechanics are difficult to manage on the console. Dragon Age 2 so far the combat is improved, but the story is weaker. I've not played Inquisition yet, but that game is always in the PS4 sale, I picked up a copy with all the DLC for £7 not that long ago. If you wanted to fully complete the earlier games, just be aware the DLC in the PS3 store is kinda pricey, I spent £45 last year on the DA:O DLC alone....but I am a completionist, so needs must ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Hi guys. Update time: This week got through most of RE8 campaign trophies. I have just the final boss to go on Village of Nightmares difficulty and then a recipe to unlock and craft immediately afterwards. Mercinaries mode planned for this week. I've found this seasonal challenge to be one of the hardest yet between my work and health (2nd dose astrazenica has really floored me lol) but at least it's not because of getting bored with my selected games. Can't wait for next Months challenge :)

Good luck with Mercenaries, I have strong feelings about it being included as a platinum requirement ?. There are plenty of good strategies out there now, you can absolutely do it though and i'm sure you'll have no problem with it, but i'm always around if you need any advice. Congrats on the second dose! I should be getting my first vaccine in the next 4-8 weeks, i'm preparing myself for being knocked on my ass too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Good luck with Mercenaries, I have strong feelings about it being included as a platinum requirement 1f62c.png. There are plenty of good strategies out there now, you can absolutely do it though and i'm sure you'll have no problem with it, but i'm always around if you need any advice. Congrats on the second dose! I should be getting my first vaccine in the next 4-8 weeks, i'm preparing myself for being knocked on my ass too.

I had my first dose of Pfizer about 10 days ago, I felt a bit rubbish the following day (and arm ache), but generally not too bad after that. So hopefully yours won't affect you too badly ?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

I had my first dose of Pfizer about 10 days ago, I felt a bit rubbish the following day (and arm ache), but generally not too bad after that. So hopefully yours won't affect you too badly 1f642.png

Thanks! I hope so :). I guess if it does make me feel rough, we'll be in the midst of the summer challenge so I can just climb under a duvet and weather it out with some games and my cats.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Fallout 4 is where I'm seeing my hope of finishing this challenge on the proverbial ropes. I'm tempted to swap it out for Suicide of Rachel Foster and/or Gris, which I bought for the mental health challenge but ended up not participating. I'll decide within the next few days if pushing on with FO4 seems feasible, or if not I'll have to.. dun duh dun dun.... SIMPLY FINISH IT AT MY LEISURE! OH THE HORROR!!

Props to @Crispy_Oglop and @be_minor for wrappin it up early! Lovin the energy everybody's got at this stage, let's get it1f60e.png

I can definitely recommend The Suicide of Rachel Foster if you are looking for a good swap. It's pretty short but a really interesting story and quite creepy in parts, especially if you have the sound turned up or a good-ish headset.

2 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

Update 16

I managed to get back on the PS3 over the weekend to work on Dragon Age 2. Not made anywhere near as much progress as I would have liked. As mentioned earlier, the renewed Fall Guys hype took hold, and it has been crazy. Once that infallible trophy was out the way, I started smashing through all the other trophies and now I'm almost at the platinum a week later! But I must put that on the back burner for now, otherwise it's going to seriously mess up all the work I've done for carefully planned milestones haha! 1f605.png

I started playing DA:2 just before the start of the spring challenge, and going back to it after a long break I'd completely forgotten where I was and what's going on. Managed to knock out some side quests, and re-established that I am near the end of act 2. This is my first playthrough, and I know I'll need to do a second run to get all the trophies. There's a bank holiday weekend coming up in the UK, and my work company has given us another day off on Friday as a way to thank employees for the craziness of the past year. So here's hoping I can use that time to clear up the rest of this game and complete the challenge 1f601.png

Trophy progress 37 -> 41%

Fall Guys has completely passed me by, but maybe that is a good thing for me personally, because just watching some of the let's plays and streams of it make it look really fun but also really stressy ? I can definitely see it giving me a few white hairs on my head.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Fall Guys has completely passed me by, but maybe that is a good thing for me personally, because just watching some of the let's plays and streams of it make it look really fun but also really stressy 1f602.png I can definitely see it giving me a few white hairs on my head.

It is a lot of fun, but other people can be right bastards sometimes ? it wasn't one I was going to start on my profile, because that infallible trophy was an impossible task and I didn't want it to taunt me on my profile. But then the glitch in the mid season update essentially gave the trophy away, and I've never seen people rally round so quickly to help people out to get their trophy before it got fixed. It was a really good community spirit for the most part, there were a few salty folks but not that many haha!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hisuiryu said:

And mini-update on Catherine while I'm here, 64 stages of Rapunzel done and this is definitely the most boring part of the game. Still yet to try Babel and running out of days!

I'd say to just use video guides for Rapunzel if you aren't already. There's no point in trying to do that legit imo (even with guides it will take hours to complete all bonus stages though).

• Like 3