So word is there's a possibility of an extended edition for PS5.

MatThaRiPP3R84

• 1 month later...
On 2021-01-29 at 10:59 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

what you guys think? I've not played it yet, am not sure about it, but I'd definitely play the next day delivery edition, speed up all the walking.

Seriously though, were there many loose ends? what could be extended if anything. just a more thatrical way of saying cash grab i expect, we will see.

The way the story end and then transition to the ''Pass the time while...'' section (Clearing the map). I could definitely see something added there at the end.

There isn't any big loose ends, everything is explained at the very long cutscenes at the end.

Edited by Wax743
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Any source on this?

Ending is pretty tight. Feel there is enough room for a sequel, if that is what they want to do.

I loved DS so I'd be more than up for either a re-release or, even better, a sequel.

Probably talking about this: https://www.gamesradar.com/death-stranding-extended-edition-rumoured-to-be-coming-to-ps4-and-ps5/

• 2 months later...

Like everyone's said, the story does get wrapped up pretty well but I wouldn't mind an injection of more stuff. Be it more story or more character moments, I'm not against spending more time in that world considering I absolutely loved the game.

What I DO want is full implementation of the DualSense; have the haptic feedback reflect the terrain you're walking on or even the drops of timefall (like in Returnal). Have the triggers adjust to the amount of cargo you're carrying or the equipment/weapon you're using.

I know Kojima wants to use new tech to its fullest and bringing DS to the new generation would be the perfect thing to dip his toes in.

• Like 2