Adding Save from Hitman 2 PS Now

cazcomp

Hey everyone,

Hitman 2 leaves PS Now on Monday - does anyone know if I get Hitman 3 in the future, will my progress (mastery, unlocks, saves etc) in Hitman 2 be counted and carried over even though I'm yet to actually purchase the game?

And in regards to purchasing the game, which versions of Hitman 1 & 2 are the most complete and go in to 3? Do I need to have them physical or digital to merge them? I don't understand the Legacy/GOTY/one game inside another thing but I want to play as much Hitman as I can.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, cazcomp said:

Hey everyone,

Hitman 2 leaves PS Now on Monday - does anyone know if I get Hitman 3 in the future, will my progress (mastery, unlocks, saves etc) in Hitman 2 be counted and carried over even though I'm yet to actually purchase the game?

And in regards to purchasing the game, which versions of Hitman 1 & 2 are the most complete and go in to 3? Do I need to have them physical or digital to merge them? I don't understand the Legacy/GOTY/one game inside another thing but I want to play as much Hitman as I can.

Thank you!

It doesn't carry over your local save so you should be fine by following the steps on making/signing into your ioi account site and transferring progress from there. The stats and mastery are saved on their side. You won't be able to use any saved checkpoints but mastery and unlocks should carry over.

24 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

It doesn't carry over your local save so you should be fine by following the steps on making/signing into your ioi account site and transferring progress from there. The stats and mastery are saved on their side. You won't be able to use any saved checkpoints but mastery and unlocks should carry over.

Ok, thanks! I've just signed up for IOI and linked my PSN account.

Do you also know what the most complete versions of the games are, and if it matters whether you own them digitally or physically? It seems to me Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold have the most content in them, so I think if I bought those and Hitman 3 I'd have everything (asides from some cosmetic only DLC). Is this right? Thank you again

5 minutes ago, cazcomp said:

Ok, thanks! I've just signed up for IOI and linked my PSN account.

Do you also know what the most complete versions of the games are, and if it matters whether you own them digitally or physically? It seems to me Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold have the most content in them, so I think if I bought those and Hitman 3 I'd have everything (asides from some cosmetic only DLC). Is this right? Thank you again

HITMAN 1 GOTY and HITMAN 2 Gold Edition are the most complete versions of each game. Doesn't matter if you own them Physical or Digital as long as they are complete.
Do note for those interested that as long as your version of HITMAN 1 has all 7 episodes (Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bonus Episode, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido) then HITMAN 3 will recognize it as the GOTY version (a free upgrade as IOI stated). Also, the version that was given on Plus a long time ago works for this.

3 hours ago, cazcomp said:

Thank you both so much! I'll be picking up 1 GOTY and 2 Gold today. Might need to wait a little while before I can afford 3, but very happy to know I'll be all set up and ready to go when the time comes!

No problem, but make sure you don't export til you get hitman 3. Everything else you do in 2 won't carry over.

• Like 1