MLB 21 The Show (April 20, 2021)

snakebit10

There is a leaked Box art and it also confirms it is going to be on Xbox this year. I figured it would when it was announced it was going multi plat.

There is going to be more info coming in February.

Introducing our MLB The Show 21 cover athlete Fernando Tatis Jr. – PlayStation.Blog

EtA0Z8aXUAMlfwa?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

That’s great for baseball fans to have access on either of these platforms. It’d be great to get back to the old days where multiple developers released sports titles on all the consoles. 

I agree. I think it sucks we only get one choice for the most part. There is the R.B.I. Baseball games but I have yet to play one of them since they have been releasing them. I only played the old ones. NFL only has Madden and NBA only has the 2k games. I don't play sports games like I use to back in the day but it would be good to have options.

• Like 2

I’m hoping for a trophy list that where I can get a high completion % as a complete newbie. I don’t know much about baseball but I have a real itch to play a baseball game. I’m hoping 21 comes out for PS5 and I’m able to get a PS5 and I’m able to enjoy sucking at it but having fun!

It’s going to be on both PS4 and PS5 as you’d expect.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, RD9703 said:

I’m hoping for a trophy list that where I can get a high completion % as a complete newbie. I don’t know much about baseball but I have a real itch to play a baseball game. I’m hoping 21 comes out for PS5 and I’m able to get a PS5 and I’m able to enjoy sucking at it but having fun!

This series already looks/plays great on PS4.  Excited about its future.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

This will be launching day one on game pass for Xbox players:

Thoughts? I'm sure Sony's getting paid a bag of cash for this, but it really creates a weird look for them...

they're not getting paid anything, Sony doesn't own MLB license, MLB does, MLB gets paid

5 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

they're not getting paid anything, Sony doesn't own MLB license, MLB does, MLB gets paid

Correct. MLB is publishing it on Xbox. I have seen so many misinformed people on twitter today saying this is a major loss for Sony and they need to respond by putting it on Ps Plus or PS now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

4 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Correct. MLB is publishing it on Xbox. I have seen so many misinformed people on twitter today saying this is a major loss for Sony and they need to respond by putting it on Ps Plus or PS now. 

Well I sure hope Sony worked out something on the front end of the deal to make this worth their while. Otherwise why pay MLB for the license to continue developing the game?

1 minute ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Well I sure hope Sony worked out something on the front end of the deal to make this worth their while. Otherwise why pay MLB for the license to continue developing the game?

This is just speculation, when the exclusive contract ran out and MLB wanted the game multi platform, of course Sony Agreed and will continue to develop the game through their Sony San Diego team. So, Sony will still get paid for developing. As far as the gamepass deal goes I don't know how far in advance Xbox and MLB put this into place. I am sure Sony isn't caught by surprise. 

I don't know much about gamepass, how long does a game stay on there? Will this be permanent or just a limited time? 

7 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't know much about gamepass, how long does a game stay on there? Will this be permanent or just a limited time? 

I don't know many details either, but games get removed from game pass all the time. Every game probably has its own deal.

I can't imagine MS sees much value in keeping this on game pass more than a year when the next iteration is released.

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I don't know many details either, but games get removed from game pass all the time. Every game probably has its own deal.

I can't imagine MS sees much value in keeping this on game pass more than a year when the next iteration is released.

Maybe it is just a 6 month deal or something to get a good player base and get them excited for next year. Maybe they won't do it every year. Then again they may since they are really trying to push gamepass as the future of gaming on Xbox.

5 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

This will be launching day one on game pass for Xbox players:

Thoughts? I'm sure Sony's getting paid a bag of cash for this, but it really creates a weird look for them...

it’s great for Xbox players, but makes me feel like a moron paying full price for the game at launch on PlayStation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

that’s not misinformed. It’s still a Sony franchise, studio, engine, and all that.

The licensing deal they re-signed with MLB obviously pushed Sony to make the game multi platform, maybe even with MLB paying the additional costs to develop and publish on the Xbox.  

15 minutes ago, bkfountain said:

that’s not misinformed. It’s still a Sony franchise, studio, engine, and all that.

The licensing deal they re-signed with MLB obviously pushed Sony to make the game multi platform, maybe even with MLB paying the additional costs to develop and publish on the Xbox.  

I understand that MLB is forcing it to be multi platform. What I am saying about people being misinformed is the ones who are saying that it was up to Sony for it going to gamepass. It is developed by Sony San Diego but the game is published by MLB for Xbox. 

I even seen some saying that maybe it is a trade off between Sony and Microsoft so Playstation will still get Bethesda games. I don't know if they were trolling or have no clue.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, snakebit10 said:

I even seen some saying that maybe it is a trade off between Sony and Microsoft so Playstation will still get Bethesda games. I don't know if they were trolling or have no clue.

That would be a good negotiation by Sony if so.

I really fell out of favor with MLB in recent years. The current MLB commissioner is a douchebag. Certainly didn’t help that a number of players I wanted to see last year decided to not play due to COVID-19. Interesting to see what Sony San Diego did to the rosters with this entry. 

All of my favorite players got old and retired. Since Prince Fielder retired and Miguel Cabrera got worse due to age I mostly stopped caring for the Detroit Tigers.