Should I even bother trying to platinum GTA 4?

ParadockGaming

1 minute ago, jrod2510 said:

So GTA V will become platinum blocked on the PS3 in December?  How many MP trophies are there?

I always thought it was like "here's GTA V over here, and then we took that online MP model and over here we have this similar but separate GTA Online over here"? 

It's technically platinum blocked on the PS3 already, as if you don't have the Run Like The Wind trophy then you can't get it by legitimate means any more as R* disabled the bounty system years ago.

There are 17 total MP trophies in the base game, and all 9 of the heist DLC trophies are MP. The MP ones all have "GTA Online" at the start of the description.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

It's technically platinum blocked on the PS3 already, as if you don't have the Run Like The Wind trophy then you can't get it by legitimate means any more as R* disabled the bounty system years ago.

There are 17 total MP trophies in the base game, and all 9 of the heist DLC trophies are MP. The MP ones all have "GTA Online" at the start of the description.

Game came out how many years ago and I've hardly ever looked into it, lol ... But then again, it took me damn near 11 years to get back to GTA IV.

I don't have the PS3 version so that's good to know.  I do have PS4 version, though, haven't started it, is that still open for Plat or no due to that same trophy you listed?

Just now, jrod2510 said:

Game came out how many years ago and I've hardly ever looked into it, lol ... But then again, it took me damn near 11 years to get back to GTA IV.

I don't have the PS3 version so that's good to know.  I do have PS4 version, though, haven't started it, is that still open for Plat or no due to that same trophy you listed?

PS4 version is completely fine and all trophies are still earnable on that version.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/7/2021 at 6:41 AM, Stevieboy said:

It's GTA V's PS3 servers that are getting shut down (on 16th December), not GTA IV's servers.

Are you sure? I heard GTA V and RDR (ps3) servers will shut down in December and Max Payne 3 in the end of September too  but I dont remember about GTA IV but I think it will shut down this year too because its a Rockstar game

4 minutes ago, ArcanoXIV said:

Are you sure? I heard GTA V and RDR (ps3) servers will shut down in December and Max Payne 3 in the end of September too  but I dont remember about GTA IV but I think it will shut down this year too because its a Rockstar game

RDR isn't being shut down. It is GTA5, Max Payne 3, and LA Noire

7 hours ago, ArcanoXIV said:

That's what I said though. It's GTA V (five, 5)'s servers on PS3 that are being shut down in Dec. Nothing was announced to be happening to GTA IV (four, 4)'s servers.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as you strap yourself in for a bitch of a grind, and the possibility of glitchy trophies (looking at Auf Wiedersehen Petrowic), i don't see why you shouldn't go for it.

I followed a list i printed, of all things i needed to do for AWP trophy, and it popped first try. But i've heard of people going through the list 3+ times for it to pop. So be prepared :) 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 4:04 PM, blazkowicz6 said:

Multiplayer is not fun at all it is a pain in the ass as stated above.  :D

On the other hand it is a very nice platinum to add to collection. I took me some 12 days,playing 5 sometimes 10 hours per day. Most of the work can be done with just one partner like winning all the races and doing happiness island glitch to level up. You will need 4 players for some modes but that can be done fast.  Also 2 very good partners for one co-op trophy. 

Leveling up is slow and annoying but you don't have to do anything for one hour when you set up the glitch. I managed to go out for a bike ride or sleep while doing it. :eyebrow:

Thats cool, would you tell me how the glitch work?!

Edited by DaivRules