Storfl_92

New monitor for the PS5 - 27"/$500 max

38 posts in this topic

Hi guys. As for now I am not able to get a Ps5. So I want to upgrade my gaming monitor before i can get my hands on a Ps5.

I use a 4k TV for now. But i will get a monitor for my gaming room. What do i have to look out for? how much HZ, 1080 or 4k.

What do you guys use? i am thankful for everything 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what you want, if you play competetively you want higher fps. The 4k option doesn't let you play past 30 fps on most games. The asus vg249 is cheap and is can play ps5 games at up to 120 fps. I highly recomend it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, remolle700 said:

Depends on what you want, if you play competetively you want higher fps. The 4k option doesn't let you play past 30 fps on most games. The asus vg249 is cheap and is can play ps5 games at up to 120 fps. I highly recomend it. 

The asus vg249q only supports 1080p. I can definitely recommend the LG CX so far, not sure how much difference 4k makes on a 27 inch screen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If he wants high fps over high defenition then it doesn't matter if the screen has 4k or not. Whenever you choose performance mode you can't run 4k anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Storfl_92 said:

Hi guys. As for now I am not able to get a Ps5. So I want to upgrade my gaming monitor before i can get my hands on a Ps5.

I use a 4k TV for now. But i will get a monitor for my gaming room. What do i have to look out for? how much HZ, 1080 or 4k.

What do you guys use? i am thankful for everything 


Start with the important parts. 
 

What are the size restrictions (minimum and maximum) and price restriction? If any recommendations don’t fit either of those, they’ll be useless. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Not a monitor but look no further than the lg cx. It's the best TV right now for gaming and has everything you're looking for from 4k, 120 hz, HDR, low input lag, hdmi 2.1 and everything else you need for current gen. It's pricey for most but I have no regrets getting it and I doubt anyone will either.

 

I echo this but would add that there is the 48' LG CX which is supposed to function as a (big) monitor I believe. Though if using it for your PC too, do keep in mind that OLEDs and PC don't go well so I'd look into options to reduce the risk of burn in. Also your set up will have to be modified as 48' is huge for a monitor. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

do keep in mind that OLEDs and PC don't go well so I'd look into options to reduce the risk of burn in.


That’s old school OLED technology and doesn’t apply to anything out in the last 5 years. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:


That’s old school OLED technology and doesn’t apply to anything out in the last 5 years. 

 

OLEDs are better and less likely to burn in yes. However PCs have elements like the toolbar which if static is a problem. Certain webpages can be bad too. That's why I said look into options to help avoid risk. Toolbar for example can be made to disappear unless you aim to the bottom of the screen. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I prefer 27-inch gaming monitors instead of a full size TV (55 or 65 inch), so in my case I would recommend you the Asus ROG Strix XG279Q, a 1440p 144Hz monitor (overclockable to 170Hz on PC's) which works as a 4K monitor on 60Hz games (PS5 recognizes it as 4K but the monitor adjusts the image to 1440p) and also as 1080p @120Hz on games that support that refresh rate. Is it worth $600 USD? If you also play on PC, probably.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

 

OLEDs are better and less likely to burn in yes. However PCs have elements like the toolbar which if static is a problem. Certain webpages can be bad too. That's why I said look into options to help avoid risk. Toolbar for example can be made to disappear unless you aim to the bottom of the screen. 


Yeah, there’s several YouTube videos and publications that have tested new OLED screens on PCs with those elements and it took over 10,000 hours of max brightness with literally only that static image to start burning in and merely turning off the screen occasionally or playing a different game intermittently alleviates burn in.  
 

All of their conclusions were that gamers buying new OLED screens don’t have much to worry about when it comes to burn in.

 

We are well past OLEDs starting to burn in around a couple hundred hours of static images. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaivRules said:


Yeah, there’s several YouTube videos and publications that have tested new OLED screens on PCs with those elements and it took over 10,000 hours of max brightness with literally only that static image to start burning in and merely turning off the screen occasionally or playing a different game intermittently alleviates burn in.  
 

All of their conclusions were that gamers buying new OLED screens don’t have much to worry about when it comes to burn in.

 

We are well past OLEDs starting to burn in around a couple hundred hours of static images. 

 

I am very much aware. You regardless do not want to do things you can easily avoid that are going to wear down the screen extra.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in a process of buying new TV at the moment and currently using my PS5 with LG 27UK850 monitor and it does really good job. It’s 27 inch 4K 60hz HDR IPS monitor, relatively inexpensive. 

 

You can also check rtings dot com, they test a lot of monitors with PS4/5. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

depends how much your willing to spend. tbh I'd be very happy with the lg oled. wish I'd bought one, sadly i bought my tv before it was even a thing.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm joining this topic cause i'm looking to get a new TV too ^^'

I was thinking about getting a QLED TV, something like samsung 55Q95T 

I wanted to avoid OLED, just because of the burn in effect ...

But if it's not a problem anymore, what is the best ? QLED ? OLED ? (i have a PS5 so it will be for gaming, and watching movies too)

And which 4K TV do you recommand the most ? (not talking about budget ... considering i don't want a 8K ... and 55" as a size, it will be under 2000€ i guess even for most recent TVs)

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if money was no object, which external monitor supports all the above without missing anything:


32inch

Curved

4K

144hz

HDMI 2.1

freesync

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaivRules said:


That’s old school OLED technology and doesn’t apply to anything out in the last 5 years. 

My 3 year old C7 begs to differ...... But yes, they have come a long way!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I'm joining this topic cause i'm looking to get a new TV too ^^'

I was thinking about getting a QLED TV, something like samsung 55Q95T 

I wanted to avoid OLED, just because of the burn in effect ...

But if it's not a problem anymore, what is the best ? QLED ? OLED ? (i have a PS5 so it will be for gaming, and watching movies too)

And which 4K TV do you recommand the most ? (not talking about budget ... considering i don't want a 8K ... and 55" as a size, it will be under 2000€ i guess even for most recent TVs)

 

Lg cx still. Unless you're watching news or playing fifa 15 hours everyday where a bright satic image is constantly on screen for the next couple of years then I don't think you should be worrying about burn in. Qled is great too but I still think oled comes out on top whether you're gaming or watching movies. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony KD-55X9000H is probably the cheapest hdmi 2.1 at the moment, smallest is 55 inch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smiddy23 said:

My 3 year old C7 begs to differ...... But yes, they have come a long way!


Do you have permanent burn in or image retention? While image retention is certainly an annoyance, there are ways to alleviate and reduce it and at least it’s temporary. And what you get in exchange can be worth it. Not to mention the advancements since the C7 to almost completely eliminate image retention all together. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. What if my max is 27inch? Do you "need" 4k? I want performance high frames and low responsetime. But i have to admit 144hz and 4k is a bit too much for my wallet😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Storfl_92 said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. What if my max is 27inch? Do you "need" 4k? I want performance high frames and low responsetime. But i have to admit 144hz and 4k is a bit too much for my wallet1f602.png

 

Can you clarify what the budget is then?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 

Can you clarify what the budget is then?

i would say max 500$

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Storfl_92 said:

i would say max 500$

 

As far as 27" max and under $500, there is the Acer Nitro XV272U that is 1440 (Everything I'm reading says 4K under 30" is not as impactful as over 30") and will do up to 144Hz refresh rate and it's $300. Or you can jump to to $400 for the LG 27GN800-B.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.