Hints That Naughty Dog's Next Game Will Be Set In Space

Goro

After the memorable experience that was The Last of Us, the hype surrounding Naughty Dog‘s next game has simply skyrocketed. Gamers have been trying to find clues even in The Last of Us (which was hinted in Uncharted 3), and one of the collectibles was a comic book series called Savage Starlight, incidentally set in space. But there’s more. The developer already set up a website here, and this seems a bit of a waste if there wasn’t more to it; and in the last 24 hours, evidence has been piling up that seems to point exactly in that direction.

First of all, Naughty Dog’s Environment Artist David Ballard tweeted that the team was visiting SpaceX (a Californian space transport company) yesterday.

4dd3f11662a9bf2d5c02cf0f8e11cf7e.png

There’s more, though. Geoff Keighley, host of GTTV and executive producer of the VGA Awards, teased this image on Neogaf board:

naughty_dog_et-266x400.gif

Incidentally, Keighley also announced a “PS4 All Access” show on the night before the USA launch, with possible announcements of new games.

58c098264517d01ff531340f46d21395.png

Even if that isn’t the right avenue, then the VGA Awards 2013 in December could be: Naughty Dog’s last two games have been announced there, after all. Want more evidence? It looks like a Naughty Dog employee crafted himself a Sci-fi helmet…

naughty-dog-employee_space_helmet-381x40

Now, either this is one of the biggest trolling attempts in recent videogame history, or a space game by Naughty Dog – perhaps Savage Starlight – is about to be announced. Are you ready?

Edited by Goro

Ehhh I'm really not a fan of sci fi space stuff.. really not my thing at all.. I'm more of a the world as we know has ended and everything has gone to shit kind of guy.. but it's Naughty dog, so I'm down for whatever they throw at me, I'm sure it will be good. 

• Like 1

I struggled to make it thru the last of us due to its pacing. When it was slow it was slow, but when there was action it was tense. Then there where the trophy glitches.

Agreed. Only i found the combat boring too. I did like where the story was going but it didnt help me snoozin

Uncharted: Space

Drake: "Oh crap, I can see my house from here"

Fixed that one for you ;)

On topic:

Savage Starlight sounds kind of cool. I really want to see more Drake though.

Whatever ND wants to throw at us, my body is ready for so much likes.

I need to warn you that it is just going to disappoint you. I have heard the true game synopsis from an inside source. SPOILER ALERT, this will ruin parts of Last of Us if you haven't beaten it yet.

It is just going to be a PS move game which will be a spiritual successor to Last of Us.  It is going to turn out that Joel contacts aliens via A commodore 64, a satellite, a used 9 volt battery, and a ouji board.   He does this because he realizes the only way to get that gigantic growth out of Ellie's head is through an alien surgeon.  The gameplay will just be a mixture between Trauma Center for the Wii, and the Operation board game (pandemic edition) from Milton Bradley.  Just don't forget to force Ellie to give you power of attorney, so you can sign the DNR as soon as she goes under anesthesia.

You're welcome for the spoiler...

I need to warn you that it is just going to disappoint you. I have heard the true game synopsis from an inside source. SPOILER ALERT, this will ruin parts of Last of Us if you haven't beaten it yet.

It is just going to be a PS move game which will be a spiritual successor to Last of Us.  It is going to turn out that Joel contacts aliens via A commodore 64, a satellite, a used 9 volt battery, and a ouji board.   He does this because he realizes the only way to get that gigantic growth out of Ellie's head is through an alien surgeon.  The gameplay will just be a mixture between Trauma Center for the Wii, and the Operation board game (pandemic edition) from Milton Bradley.  Just don't forget to force Ellie to give you power of attorney, so you can sign the DNR as soon as she goes under anesthesia.

You're welcome for the spoiler...

The story is kinda magical....

I guess not  :unsure:

HliuAcm.png

Gotta let everyone else know it soon.