YS IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

I hope Boss Rush will be easy like Celceta, Ys origin's boss rush needed to be done on nightmare and the game was prone to crashing causing you to lose all your progress.

Nightmare difficulty is expected but hopefully there will be places to grind for Stat potions, I got my attack up to around 5k IIRC in Ys8 from just killing Sauripods for potion materials.

I just wish they would make better trophy images.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

5 hours ago, Smiddy23 said:

We have a couple of stores that normally list pre-orders well in advance (even without dates) and none are showing it which doesnt fill me with optimism..... 

Yeah, I hadn't put mine down but it just vanished off the EB Games site out of nowhere like less than a Month out... Just grabbed it off Ozgameshop (which is just UK copys) and it was like $85 so it's actually cheaper than usual ? plus Celceta and Origins where UK only as well so I don't care anyway at this stage (just pissed that after all that I got an Aussie Ys 8 so it's the odd one out now ?) should arrive soon since they dispatched it late last week so HELL YEAH ? 

This will definitely bother me if they do release the Switch Version here though... It's not like PS4 was the Lead Development Platform and if it runs like Ys 8 on Switch as well ? I mean basically they'll just make the Series look bad here ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

Is this related to any of the other Ys games?

Other than the games sharing the same protagonist (Adol) and a few references on his past adventures, this game, much like the others are self contained. You don't need to play any of the previous Ys games to figure out what's going on/enjoy IX and vice versa. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

Is this related to any of the other Ys games?

You will receive some bonus items at the start if you have save data for Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana. I have never finished Celceta, but Lacrimosa is just sooo good. I'd say it would be worth it to pick them up before this one.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

You will receive some bonus items at the start if you have save data for Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana. I have never finished Celceta, but Lacrimosa is just sooo good. I'd say it would be worth it to pick them up before this one.

Just platinumed Celceta and I platinumed VIII and Origins.

Edited by boshafty1
VIII instead of VII
  • Like 1