Judgment coming to PS5 on April 23

Suminya

I played this on PS4 only a couple of months back. Usually I'd be disappointed that I didn't wait to play the better version, but I guess there's no free upgrade if you already own it on PS4 which is pretty lame tbh. Still, if you don't already own the game, this will be a great way to experience it. One of my favourite games in the series.

• Like 1

I initially thought it was nice that it was getting a PS5 version even though I already intend to play it on PS4, after seeing the comparison images I can't help but think that it looks like a downgrade visually. Like it looks like they messed with the lighting too much to where everything looks brighter and the characters look more white and so it looks really off. So I think I'll just stick to playing the PS4 version.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Okay, I take back what i said. The changes they made to the lighting/character models look awful... 1f62c.png

Original:
359cad029c2b11073b1906459e6d9a30e0836eb654967672b5bffb53a49ddeb8.png

Remastered:
b4d48dc3b16c61dfa034e38aab20b45197bd992aff33cf6d699402aa4d5d01a4.png

Original:
46bdee2ad0aa16b2ab6a5966dd0d490cb48c1d1657c029bcc32cec84a2751ed2.jpg

Remastered:
a41ee083c33a6ebc6f3075fdc699fc0257c9bbe1e9e3f3c10f70ccbdeed83be1.jpg

What the hell? The original looks way better!

I hope they cut out those mahjong and chess trophies in the PS5 version so I can finally plat it. Didn't go for the PS4 version because of those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

True that man, I feel like the lighting changes were for the worst lol, looks like they even toned down/removed some effects.

Look at 0:38

Jeez... How did they think this was acceptable for a "remaster"? Looks like a downgrade pretty much across the board. Like in a way, I can appreciate that they put more effort into this than a typical remaster, but a simple resolution and frame rate boost would have been much more preferable than whatever this is. 

I'm just speculating here, but could it be that they replaced all of the pre-rendered cutscenes with in-engine ones? That would explain why they look so bad in comparison to the original. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Jeez... How did they think this was acceptable for a "remaster"? Looks like a downgrade pretty much across the board. Like in a way, I can appreciate that they put more effort into this than a typical remaster, but a simple resolution and frame rate boost would have been much more preferable than whatever this is. 

I'm just speculating here, but could it be that they replaced all of the pre-rendered cutscenes with in-engine ones? That would explain why they look so bad in comparison to the original. 

I think they just wanted to go for a more natural look without that blue filter (Yagami's hair looks awesome now, in the PS4 version it looked like plastic lol), but apart from that it just looks bad.

Honestly don't get what yall are on about the ps5 version being a downgrade, I personally find the game much better looking in all those scenes shown above. Original game just looks way too warm in tone and everything seems to have this orange looking shade while the ps5 version seems more natural with better textures overall.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, APaulingGameplay said:

Got the plat for this back in November so I'm kinda gutted this came out now. No free upgrade is a bummer though

Does anyone know if its going to be a seperate trophy list to the PS4 version like Control was?

It's a native PS5 game, so it will get a separate PS5 trophy list.

• Like 1