Reaching Settlement Level 6

I didn't pay any attention to this trophy while playing through the game, since the trophy guide said it would come naturally while going for other trophies. Well, here I am, having basically 100% completed everything else in the game -- done all raids, found all collectibles, beaten the story, killed all order of the ancient members, etc -- and I still need more than 4000 more supplies to upgrade my settlement from level 5 to level 6.

So... what the hell? Is this trophy actually coming naturally for people? What did I miss? Are there a bunch of easy supplies somewhere that I'm missing? Or do I now have to comb through the entire world map *again* to open all of the small chests, hoping that they contain supplies (even though they just contain iron ore and leather 95% of the time).

It's Ubisoft mate. basically people platinum'd origins (their best of the most recent ac games) with minimal effort and having maybe 40% of the map left to explore. so after releasing a slew of failed games they decided they needed to recoup their losses so they add boosters to the game.

regardless of which edition you buy your still gunna get charged like £15 or whatever for exp/resource boosters and they intentionally throttle back the amount of shit you find, without that booster your expected to clear damn near 90% of the map. it's pay to remove 50 hrs grind (or more)

and it's not something you would know unless you trawled through the paid MTX.

I too ran into this issue. It was super annoying, but the remaining supplies can be found within about two hours (max). 

The major chests, alone, are not enough to upgrade your Settlement to Level 6. You need to revisit raid locations and "ping" around for the smaller chests. Those chests will contain the supplies necessary to completely upgrade your settlement. And while not every chest will have supplies in them, there is definitely more than enough out there.

Good luck!

I had to go back to revisit old raid locations, cathedrals, and other small gold spots on the map along the waterways to get enough materials. Yeah, I had to scour, it sucks. Look for the box-shaped chests because those have the materials you need (not the rounded topped chests). Wish I can pinpoint on the map exactly where I went, but it's been awhile now, and honestly, I can't remember. Glad it's done and I'm sure you will be too.

10 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

and it's not something you would know unless you trawled through the paid MTX

What on earth are you talking about? They don't sell supplies via microtransactions. Silver, XP, and various other things, sure, but not supplies.

7 minutes ago, coffeebarr said:

I too ran into this issue. It was super annoying, but the remaining supplies can be found within about two hours (max). 

5 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I had to go back to revisit old raid locations, cathedrals, and other small gold spots on the map along the waterways to get enough materials. Yeah, I had to scour, it sucks. Look for the box-shaped chests because those have the materials you need (not the rounded topped chests).

Ugh, that sucks, but thanks for the confirmation. This game really is never-ending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

What on earth are you talking about? They don't sell supplies via microtransactions. Silver, XP, and various other things, sure, but not supplies.

Ugh, that sucks, but thanks for the confirmation. This game really is never-ending.

That guy above is just talking out of his ass you can't even buy supplies with real money but as others mentioned, even with the game 100% done you'll still be missing a few supplies for settlement level 6. Thankfully it's not too bad and you could gather the remaining materials within an hour. The chests you're looking for is the longer but small wooden ones which all share a similar look so that way you can ignore every chest you come across that doesn't look like it. 

11 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

It's Ubisoft mate. basically people platinum'd origins (their best of the most recent ac games) with minimal effort and having maybe 40% of the map left to explore. so after releasing a slew of failed games they decided they needed to recoup their losses so they add boosters to the game.

You know Origins has a trophy for completing every single location on the map right? The same goes for Valhalla 

Edited by maiathewinners

2 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

You know Origins has a trophy for completing every single location on the map right? The same goes for Valhalla 

yeah but you can just run through em, nab maybe 20% of the stuff and it counts on the resource ones, only tombs etc have to be cleared 100%.

and in odyssey they sold an xp and resources booster and you needed to do like 90% of the map just to have the resources to finish the ship if you didn't buy the booster, so i just figured valhalla was the same since everyone mentioned they snuck a booster into valhalla after reviews.

however if you can't get a resources booster in valhalla then they must just expect you to clear a decent percentage of resources anyway so you wouldn't need an xp booster. which kinda kills the incentive of their money making scheme.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

This was my last trophy. I finished all the others in almost exactly 100 hours... Then I had to run around looking for supplies for 3 more hours to upgrade utterly pointless buildings for no actual reason other than to get to level 6. 

I was not in a good mood for those 3 hours. I already felt very done with the game, and they really did not help.

1 hour ago, JEDLander said:

This was my last trophy. I finished all the others in almost exactly 100 hours... Then I had to run around looking for supplies for 3 more hours to upgrade utterly pointless buildings for no actual reason other than to get to level 6. 

I was not in a good mood for those 3 hours. I already felt very done with the game, and they really did not help.

Yep, ditto on all of this. I was short **5400** supplies after doing everything else that the game has to offer. So I then went around and cleared out chests in all 19 raid locations around the map, and was *still* short 1400 supplies. So then I had to start going to just random locations on the map, hoping to occasionally get supplies even though most non-raid-location chests just give ore and leather. All together, I ended up having to scour the map for 75 or 80 additional chests, after completing everything else in the game.

Would've been really nice if the trophy guides mentioned that you should search for small chests as you play through the game, rather than saying that you'll get enough supplies "naturally".

Edited by NathanielJohn

3 minutes ago, chalky83 said:

Boosters are not necessary at all. For anyone who is about to start the game and thinking of buying them, don’t waste your money.

Didnt say it was necessary. But it does cut down on time. people can choose to buy it if they want. Perhaps they do not see it as a waste of money, i didnt.

28 minutes ago, chalky83 said:

Boosters are not necessary at all. For anyone who is about to start the game and thinking of buying them, don’t waste your money.

I agree with you,buy xp booster and similar things isnt necessary and is a waste of money similar to burn in a bonfire your money i platinum all assassins creed in all platforms and i dont spend any money in anything boosters

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 04/02/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

Didnt say it was necessary. But it does cut down on time. people can choose to buy it if they want. Perhaps they do not see it as a waste of money, i didnt.

how exactly does it cut down time? not saying you're wrong but i'm generally wondering how because i can't see how you've made this conclusion 

47 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

how exactly does it cut down time? not saying you're wrong but i'm generally wondering how because i can't see how you've made this conclusion 

You can't see how an XP booster cuts down on overall total time for an RPG?

4 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

In this one, it really doesn't impact things. You might save an hour at most. In previous titles it may have been more necessary, but if you're going for the platinum trophy here, you will be overleveled throughout most of the game. I'm already around power level 170 and I just finished Lunden (which is a level 90 location). I've just been completing all of the territories as I go, which is required for the platinum anyways.

10 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

In this one, it really doesn't impact things. You might save an hour at most. In previous titles it may have been more necessary, but if you're going for the platinum trophy here, you will be overleveled throughout most of the game. I'm already around power level 170 and I just finished Lunden (which is a level 90 location). I've just been completing all of the territories as I go, which is required for the platinum anyways.

I'm currently at 380 in a 160 location, by just getting the entire map done. I still need 6 more arcs but almost max level. both XP and resource boosters are a waste in my opinion. U will get sooo much silver and there is basicly nothing to spend it on, so you could quick travel to all merchants and keep buying Ores and Leather. The rest of the materials needed will be found if u just grab a chest every now and then. 

On 4/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

The XP booster doesn't cut down time for anything in any of the AC games and people who buy them are just wasting their money.

You will hit max level in Origins within The Hidden Ones and you will hit the original cap dozens of hours before that. Pretty sure I was late 40s before I ever even cleared the main map 100%.

You will hit max level in Odyssey either within the Lost Tales of Greece or Legacy of the First Blade and you will hit the original cap at least 100 hours before that.

You will hit the power cap in Valhalla around 100 or so hours in, especially if you focus on the main story first as those guarantee you anywhere from one to three level ups (Meaning 2-6 power per mission) and if you solely focus on the main story (So the settlement missions + Sigurd) you will for certain be in the late 300s by the time you're done on that.

At best you are just making getting to a new area happen sooner but it's not like you can sequence break so you're going to go through regular progression anyway just at 3-4 levels higher than intended making already easy games even easier even if you're playing on Nightmare/Drengr. Not to mention Odyssey scales everything to your level once you pass the cap of the area. Unless you desperately need several dozen extra mastery levels after you 100% everything it's a waste of money for the boosts. I have over 80 mastery levels in Odyssey and around 90 in Valhalla and I haven't paid a dime for boosters, and those were just going for all achievements and 100%. In Valhalla I don't even have the DLC yet and am caught up with all the new abilities they've added through the new content.

Keep in mind that in all three games the amount of material you gain is also based on your level so grinding for things like the Adrestia upgrades shouldn't even be a thing to worry about as you eventually start gaining 50+ items per pickup all the way into the hundreds. I had the thing maxed out with the extra final upgrades when I was like level 60.

Edited by soliunasm