Games without motion sickness

Cassio_Legend

Hey there,

i recently bought a VR Headset and started playing a variaty of games. Relatively soon i got motion sick at some games like RIGS. Other games were perfectly fine. Because i want to enjoy playing VR games i would like to aks if you could recommend some games in which you don´t get motion sickness. 

21 minutes ago, Cassio_Legend said:

Hey there,

i recently bought a VR Headset and started playing a variaty of games. Relatively soon i got motion sick at some games like RIGS. Other games were perfectly fine. Because i want to enjoy playing VR games i would like to aks if you could recommend some games in which you don´t get motion sickness. 

I also only recently got a headset and got very sick while playing Star Wars Squadrons in VR mode.

Games I had no problems with and can highly recommend are:

Blood & Truth

Batman: Arkham VR

Budget Cuts

Pistol Whip (Quite a workout if going for the Plat and could make you "sick" in that sense)

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Beat Saber

Even though some of them include movement, Blood&Truth offers a comfort mode which gave me 0 motion sickness (and the game is incredibly nice).

For Pistol Whip and Beat Saber you stay in one place and only face one direction which gave me no issues even though the level moves.

I guess there are more in my backlog but other people will probably suggest further games they have played.

• Like 1

I agree with Batman and Beat Saber, rest of the above I haven’t played.

Rick & Morty Virtual Rick-ality and Trover Saves the Universe are both games where you stick in one place. With Trover you are in some kind of wheelchair. 

Also Shooty Fruity let you stay at one place shooting at fruit. It is really fun and 0 motion sickness.

The Walking Dead Onslaught let’s you walk and run without motion sickness, the game is just boring.....

Stay away from Robinson The Journey! It is just walking but that game gave me headaches after just 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ICY_Jack said:

I also only recently got a headset and got very sick while playing Star Wars Squadrons in VR mode.

Games I had no problems with and can highly recommend are:

Blood & Truth

Batman: Arkham VR

Budget Cuts

Pistol Whip (Quite a workout if going for the Plat and could make you "sick" in that sense)

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Beat Saber

Even though some of them include movement, Blood&Truth offers a comfort mode which gave me 0 motion sickness (and the game is incredibly nice).

For Pistol Whip and Beat Saber you stay in one place and only face one direction which gave me no issues even though the level moves.

I guess there are more in my backlog but other people will probably suggest further games they have played.

Thank you very much, i will check them out. I started blood & truth aswell but god sick at the fast moving rollercoaster parts, but i didn´t know about the comfort mode. i wil try it again with it.

2 minutes ago, BullShark_NL said:

I agree with Batman and Beat Saber, rest of the above I haven’t played.

Rick & Morty Virtual Rick-ality and Trover Saves the Universe are both games where you stick in one place. With Trover you are in some kind of wheelchair. 

Also Shooty Fruity let you stay at one place shooting at fruit. It is really fun and 0 motion sickness.

The Walking Dead Onslaught let’s you walk and run without motion sickness, the game is just boring.....

Stay away from Robinson The Journey! It is just walking but that game gave me headaches after just 10 minutes. 

Thanks, i am a huge rick and morty fan but didn`t know that there was a VR game. Nice to know

I suffer from motion sickness too, it sucks.

All the games on my trophy list in VR you should definitely get, I have about 30. Definitely avoid Time Machine VR (same issue as Robinson The Journey) and The Inpatient though, I struggled through those games to platinum, they made me quite ill.

Like ICY_Jack says games like Blood and Truth for some reason I am fine with. I mean you're on a roller coaster but you're mostly focusing on targets that are far away or don't feel like they are moving I was fine on that game even without Comfort mode. That was my first game in VR and I did not realise I even suffered from motion sickness until I played the demo version of Drive Club VR and then some other games.

If you like Doom, consider getting Doom VFR, I was able to use the teleport move throughout the entire game and I did not suffer from motion sickness at all doing that.

• Like 1

Out of the (albeit relatively few) VR games I've played, I tend to do a lot better with the ones where your character is locked in place. Things like Surgeon Simulator, Everybody's Golf, Time Carnage and Tetris Effect. Your mileage may vary though. What sets mine off might not yours and vice versa. Just from having a look on the store, there's a few demos of VR titles so it might be worth trying some of those to see what kind of game makes you feel bad.

The sickest I've been using the VR is watching 3D rollercoasters videos on Youtube. That required a long lie down.

• Like 1

In my experience all VR games make you sick, it's just a matter of time. How much time you can endure depends on the game and yourself, just like car sickness. Also the more you are accustumed with the VR the more you can play, but do not overdue or a great experiece can turn in to a nightmare...

With RIGS i felt sick after a couple of minutes while with Astrobot I was able to play for 2h straight with no problem at all :)

I reccomend Astrobot, Pixel Gear, Playroom VR and Paper Beast.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Konzel-Erre said:

In my experience all VR games make you sick, it's just a matter of time. How much time you can endure depends on the game and yourself, just like car sickness. Also the more you are accustumed with the VR the more you can play, but do not overdue or a great experiece can turn in to a nightmare...

With RIGS i felt sick after a couple of minutes while with Astrobot I was able to play for 2h straight with no problem at all :)

I reccomend Astrobot, Pixel Gear, Playroom VR and Paper Beast.

Yes, that´s something i experienced aswell. I get used to VR games in general and my gamingsessions are longer now. But i guess i will never be able to play RIGS or fast shooter at all.

Motion sickness depends on each person, hell it even depends on what day. 

VR worlds I’ve played no problem and then one night I got motion sickness on the space one 

Robinsons the journey was great. But again I got motion sickness one night out of all the nights i played and got the plat. That night knocked for for 6 and I had to go to bed 

my recommendations:

Rick n morty

Trover universe

American dream 

Pixel Gear

Beat saber (a must)

Blood and truth (a must)

Doom Vr

Batman Vr

astrobot rescue mission (a must)

Just in time corp

Box VR

Job Sim

VR playroom 

Bonfire VR

• Like 1

we really werent meant for this type of vr because our brain is being tricked into thinking were moving but our bodies our still which replicates being poisoned which sends a alert to you and you get sick. its hit or miss with some people. for me i cant tolerate it to much even though every other form of vr ive had no problem with in the past. one suggestion i can say is turn your house heat down and turn a ceiling fan on. this will cool your head down and helps even if you dont think it is.

the playroom vr didnt make me sick, also bravo team i did ok with but im not sure how. i ended up doing like 6 hours straight in bravo team to help someone finish off their trophies after they helped me with one of mine. but man after i took that headset off i was done for the day. i play when i know im not leaving for the day. creed you can do ok but its a workout for sure, technically you should move around the ring but i just ran to the middle of the ring and blocked and punched and the ai wont move behind you or anything. until dawn rush of blood is a great game but its a rollercoaster so i had to do it in segments because some levels made me woozy. blindfold wont make you sick but its only like a 5 minute game. doom vfr nearly made me project vomit everywhere lol.  other then that i gave up kinda. 

• Like 1

I never get motion sickness from games, especially not without VR, but I did get really sick from playing the following game without any VR (it's a VR game, but allows you to play it without VR):

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8353-neverout/MMDE

It got so bad I couldn't even finish the game in one sit, and I was actually pausing the game quite often just to calm down my PS4 (the fans made it sound like it was going to explode, and it relaxed when I paused).

In other words, I guess, stay away from that one. :'D

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I don't suffer from motion sickness but a general rule is to get your "VR legs" by playing games where you, the player are stood still, traverse via teleportation or are on rails. Games where you control the movement will cause the most sickness generally.

A lot of great games have already been listed! I can attest personally to most of them! Good luck :)

• Like 1