Cat Call can really appear in boxes in 2021?

WaddysWDS

Two friends and I have been 4 days, about 35 hours, opening an average of 50 gold boxes every 3-5 minutes and neither of us have had the luck to achieve this elusive ability that separates us from IJ2 Platinum.

These days I have imagined everything, even that it is no longer possible that this ability does not appear in the boxes that we can buy.

Can someone help or shed some light on what to do today.

Greetings.

5 minutes ago, Smashero said:

We have already studied this method (before starting to open boxes obviously) and it seemed absurdly long (which we currently do not think after the time invested in opening boxes) Do you think this is the most sensible method to achieve the skill? open boxes what do you think?

7 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

We have already studied this method (before starting to open boxes obviously) and it seemed absurdly long (which we currently do not think after the time invested in opening boxes) Do you think this is the most sensible method to achieve the skill? open boxes what do you think?

I am currently levelling my chars to lvl 20, playing all possible events which are giving me platinum/diamond boxes (have a total of 835 now-all types I mean).

Also slowly working on the Legendary Catwoman Multiverse, just in case.
I plan to start to open the boxes only after I will complete getting all chars to the max.

I think really this Catwoman method shall be the most efficient, despite the fact that it IS long (3000 minutes, etc.).

BTW! Could you be so kind and let me know if the servers are up for you? I wanted to start online just a few minutes ago and I can not connect :/

Edited by Smashero

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I am currently levelling my chars to lvl 20, playing all possible events which are giving me platinum/diamond boxes (have a total of 835 now-all types I mean).

I plan to start to open the boxes only after I will complete getting all chars to the max.

I think really this Catwoman method shall be the most efficient, despite the fact that it IS long (3000 minutes, etc.).

BTW! Could you be so kind and let me know if the servers are up for you? I wanted to start online just a few minutes ago and I can not connect :/

I understand, we follow a similar strategy, except for completing the Cat Woman multiverse.

For me the servers are working without problem at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After reading several forums about this topic I decided to go for the Legendary Catwoman Multiverse method but opening as much boxes and doing as much abilities multiverse events as I could in the process. Up to 2 days ago I had met all the requirements for the "Scratching Post" LCM event except for the 3000 minutes (I have played around 1300) and the gear sacrifice (225/250), I even had farmed 200.000 guild credits in case I didn't get the Cat Call ability on my first try. But then I just got so lucky and got the bloody ability as a match reward while playing on a normal Multiverse event!! I couldn't believe it!!! Of course I got the Cat Call trophy afterwards and now there's only the "Master of All Trades" trophy left in order to get the platinum ???

However, I'm still thinking whether or not to keep playing with Catwoman until I reach the 3000 mins requirements and get the Legendary Gear ???

• Like 3

Personally. I would suggest taking the easy route.

Every day in the regular multiverse this is an ability drop. Just wait until the event occurs and play it. Let the AI do it for you. 

Also two times a day their's another event that gives you gear, two platinum and diamond boxes. That way you get some credit to pay for the ability drop event.

This method is longer, but less stress involved. You don't even have to play, let the ai do it for you.

Getting the platinum now or 6 months down the line doesn't make any difference. You're still getting the platinum.

At worst you spend 10 minutes of your day setting up the task and getting your ability gear and credits. That ain't bad, to be honest. 

Because getting the catcall trophy is a type of trophy that can kill your desire to hunt trophies. 

Which is why I decided to take the easy route.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-02 at 6:51 AM, Smashero said:

Just to let you know, I also thought of not opening my boxes until leveling up my characters. Doesn’t change anything, unfortunately.
It’s not random & If you open one (while your flash is lvl 30) that you received while he was at lvl 1 you will get some low lvl gear once you do open that particular box

I first noticed it when I opened a box out of curiosity and after downloading my back up save, the box gave the exact same stuff. Later confirmed it when I got gears lvl 1-5 for characters lvl 20 with the older boxes

12 hours ago, The_Diablo_436 said:

Just to let you know, I also thought of not opening my boxes until leveling up my characters. Doesn’t change anything, unfortunately.
It’s not random & If you open one (while your flash is lvl 30) that you received while he was at lvl 1 you will get some low lvl gear once you do open that particular box

I first noticed it when I opened a box out of curiosity and after downloading my back up save, the box gave the exact same stuff. Later confirmed it when I got gears lvl 1-5 for characters lvl 20 with the older boxes

That's totally correct. What I meant was that I wanted to gather as much boxes as possible and open then in one go, then spend all the money on boxes and repeat, just to have it done "at once". It was already mentioned somewhere on the forum, that after newest patch "gifts" are always the same, despite reloading the save.

Edited by Smashero

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 6:29 AM, WaddysWDS said:

Two friends and I have been 4 days, about 35 hours, opening an average of 50 gold boxes every 3-5 minutes and neither of us have had the luck to achieve this elusive ability that separates us from IJ2 Platinum.

These days I have imagined everything, even that it is no longer possible that this ability does not appear in the boxes that we can buy.

Can someone help or shed some light on what to do today.

Greetings.

I'm sorry if someone already made this joke but I thought of this myself. That's why the game is called Injustice.

• Like 2

The ultimate easy route is to unpatch your game to version 1.00. There is an exploit to get 10 000 credits every second by spamming green arrow’s default special attack. Once you have the maximum possible cash to hold (which should take less than an hour), you can easily record yourself opening a lootbox and then loop that recording so it opens boxes automatically either with a macro controller or for free using remote play on the PC. I ended up getting ALL but 3 abilities by the time I finally got cat call. This took a few days but is almost entirely AFK and garanteed to work. The probability of getting cat call in a lootbox is absurd either way and chances of getting it legiti without that cash exploit are probably close to null

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

The ultimate easy route is to unpatch your game to version 1.00. There is an exploit to get 10 000 credits every second by spamming green arrow’s default special attack. Once you have the maximum possible cash to hold (which should take less than an hour), you can easily record yourself opening a lootbox and then loop that recording so it opens boxes automatically either with a macro controller or for free using remote play on the PC. I ended up getting ALL but 3 abilities by the time I finally got cat call. This took a few days but is almost entirely AFK and garanteed to work. The probability of getting cat call in a lootbox is absurd either way and chances of getting it legiti without that cash exploit are probably close to null

that's really interesting, would you be able to link any resources for unpatching/the green arrow exploit? I'm approaching the time where I'll have to grind so it would be great to have these resources close by :)

5 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

that's really interesting, would you be able to link any resources for unpatching/the green arrow exploit? I'm approaching the time where I'll have to grind so it would be great to have these resources close by :)

You can use an actual macro controller like CronusMax or use many free macro recorders using remote play like this one: https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro

There is many guides already on how to 1.00 games. The simplest way would be to have a physical disc: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

For the actual exploit I can't find the post and I remember it was a pretty hidden exploit not a lot know about. Basically there is in-game challenges in the game for a bunch of things with levels and you get XP each time you reach a level (win 5-10-100-500-1000 matches etc.). Most are very long but there is one for using 10,000 special abilities (circle attack with default settings). Most of them have a cooldown but Green arrow you can just spam it nonstop and it does so little damage it's ridiculous. You can play local versus matches and just turbo circle (or even better remap it to X so it also rematches) to spam hundreds of special attacks per match until you hit the max level. Now this is where the fun starts, on 1.00 the game is broken and each time you do one more requirement for a maxed challenge, you get the bonus again ! So for your 10 001th special attack you'll get like 10 000 credits and 10 000 xp (I was a really stupid player level after doing this ;) ), same for 10 002th etc... I think it caps at 100 million credits you can hold at a time ? After that you record yourself opening a lootbox (just 2 or 3 simple inputs) and loop it. It'll open boxes until you spent all your money (takes a few hours). When you are out of money, do a few green arrow matches again to get another 100 millions and fire up the macro again ! I ended up with all abilities except 3 (including all dlcs) doing this before I finally got it (and it was the last catwoman ability).

Edited by Thropy_Croissant
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

You can use an actual macro controller like CronusMax or use many free macro recorders using remote play like this one: https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro

There is many guides already on how to 1.00 games. The simplest way would be to have a physical disc: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

For the actual exploit I can't find the post and I remember it was a pretty hidden exploit not a lot know about. Basically there is in-game challenges in the game for a bunch of things with levels and you get XP each time you reach a level (win 5-10-100-500-1000 matches etc.). Most are very long but there is one for using 10,000 special abilities (circle attack with default settings). Most of them have a cooldown but Green arrow you can just spam it nonstop and it does so little damage it's ridiculous. You can play local versus matches and just turbo circle (or even better remap it to X so it also rematches) to spam hundreds of special attacks per match until you hit the max level. Now this is where the fun starts, on 1.00 the game is broken and each time you do one more requirement for a maxed challenge, you get the bonus again ! So for your 10 001th special attack you'll get like 10 000 credits and 10 000 xp (I was a really stupid player level after doing this ;) ), same for 10 002th etc... I think it caps at 100 million credits you can hold at a time ? After that you record yourself opening a lootbox (just 2 or 3 simple inputs) and loop it. It'll open boxes until you spent all your money (takes a few hours). When you are out of money, do a few green arrow matches again to get another 100 millions and fire up the macro again ! I ended up with all abilities except 3 (including all dlcs) doing this before I finally got it (and it was the last catwoman ability).

I assume the legendary version isn't version 1.00 so that can't be used with this exploit?

Just now, manicmark said:

I assume the legendary version isn't version 1.00 so that can't be used with this exploit?

I don't remember but I THINK that's actually the version I used. It's been quite a while though so I might be misremembering. An easy way to validate is to get it on 1.00 and see if the new chars are still there. The lootboxes were also made more expensive on an update so if they are still cheap you should be alright. 

1 minute ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I don't remember but I THINK that's actually the version I used. It's been quite a while though so I might be misremembering. An easy way to validate is to get it on 1.00 and see if the new chars are still there. The lootboxes were also made more expensive on an update so if they are still cheap you should be alright. 

Thanks, it's in my backlog so I'll have a check.

I opened 738 Bronze Boxes, 468 Silver Boxes, 611 Gold Boxes, 608 Platinum Boxes and 88 Diamond Boxes before I got the ability...you just have to keep going :(

Taken from a status update from July 4 2018 :(

"I don't have to say a lot more about the way I feel about Nether Realms. No respect, no honor. There is no honor among game companies in the first place.

They put hard times on Dr Mayus and his friends. You don't know what hard times are daddy. Hard times are when you have to play 24 hours with every character and it only counts for the character that is used by player 1. Hard times are when you win over and over in King of the Hill and no one gives you a single Respect point, and hard times are when a man has opened 2000 boxes, 2000 boxes and they give him a common piece of gear and tell him you have to play more Multiverse, daddy. That's hard times, that's hard times, and Nether Realms, you put hard times on this community by preventing Dr_Mayus from earning the plat, that's hard time, and we all had hard times together.

I admit I don't game like the gamers of today is supposed to game. My Hannah Montana plat is just a little embarrassing. My My Name is Mayo plat is just a little embarrassing, but brotha I'm bad and they know I'm bad, and there were two bad people, one was Omnislash, and he's don't post no more, and the other is right here.

Nether Realm, the Injustice 2 plat belongs to the people, I'm gonna reach out right now, I want you at your computers to know, my hand is touching your hand, for this gathering of  the biggest body of gamers on this website, in this universe, all over the world. Now reach it out,  because the love that was given to me in this time, I will repay back to you, because I will unlock Cat Call. I will beat the RNG Gods at their own game."

• Like 2

After reading this thread I think I'm pretty lucky. I got today cat call from opening gold boxes. I had 700k credits, was buying 30 boxes at a time, and if it didn't come, i was deleting the save and trying again. I think i did this process for 2 or 3 hours a day for three days. All I can say is: don't give up guys, it's still possible to get from boxes. Good luck to all

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thalles_63 said:

After reading this thread I think I'm pretty lucky. I got today cat call from opening gold boxes. I had 700k credits, was buying 30 boxes at a time, and if it didn't come, i was deleting the save and trying again. I think i did this process for 2 or 3 hours a day for three days. All I can say is: don't give up guys, it's still possible to get from boxes. Good luck to all

Which means that you are using unpatched version of the game, since this trick doesn't work anymore. 

Edited by Smashero

19 hours ago, Smashero said:

Which means that you are using unpatched version of the game, since this trick doesn't work anymore. 

Nah man. I only have digital version. Did this on 1.19
The method is the one described here for 1.18 but still works on 1.19
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/299238-best-way-to-get-cat-call-ability-with-latest-patch-118-march-2018/

One note though: i don't have any DLCs or characters pack

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but whenever I try the first method mentioned in the psntrophies.org forum post, it doesn’t work. Each gold box I open gives me 1 common item, and sometimes, they even skip a box. Not sure if there’s a fix to this.

Edited by vincybwoyjr
  • Like 2

The fastest and easiest method at this moment is deleting your save data and doing random ability multiverse over and over again . Each time you have to do multiverse tutorial again but its short and takes around 10~15 mins . But becareful that deleting your save data resets all of your legendary multiverse stats . So if u are nearly done with catwoman legendry multiverse forget about this method . 

Thats what happend to me i did every grind and only needed 5h of playtime with catwoman but i decided to try deleting save data method and wasted all of my grinds . But it was ok because i got cat call after that by only 2 days of doing this method. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arvin_cj said:

The fastest and easiest method at this moment is deleting your save data and doing random ability multiverse over and over again . Each time you have to do multiverse tutorial again but its short and takes around 10~15 mins . But becareful that deleting your save data resets all of your legendary multiverse stats . So if u are nearly done with catwoman legendry multiverse forget about this method . 

Thats what happend to me i did every grind and only needed 5h of playtime with catwoman but i decided to try deleting save data method and wasted all of my grinds . But it was ok because i got cat call after that by only 2 days of doing this method. 

Thank you for the helpful answer! Could you be more specific with which save data file you delete? I know there’s multiple options and I wouldn’t want to delete the wrong thing.