Dmax1984

Control PS5 - can't download

14 posts in this topic

Translated

Hey someone else has the problem:

I got the PS4 Ultimate Edition last year, which gives access to the free PS5 version. But I can't download it.

Please help .

Original:

Hey hat noch jemand das Problem:

Habe mir letztes Jahr die PS4 Ultimate Edition geholt, das gibt zugang für die kostenlose PS5 Version. Ich kann Sie aber nicht downloaden.

Bitte um Hilfe .

Edited by DaivRules
Posted English translation, all forum posts need to be in English.

Not sure if we have the same problem. I own the digital ultimate edition (bought it before it was free on ps plus). But now I cant download the ps5 patch. In the store it says „upgrade for physical version“. I cannot download it.
right now I dont know how it works. Maybe a problem with the psn store, which needs to be resolved.

I had to claim both PS4&PS5 versions through the app separately, maybe you can try it out?

17 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Not sure if we have the same problem. I own the digital ultimate edition (bought it before it was free on ps plus). But now I cant download the ps5 patch. In the store it says „upgrade for physical version“. I cannot download it.
right now I dont know how it works. Maybe a problem with the psn store, which needs to be resolved.

yes its the same

the digital edition of control ultimate edition has to be clicked on specifically, or atleast thats how I did it. there's 2 one for ps4 and one for ps5 gotta click both and it upgrades it. scroll down.

https://store.playstation.com/en-sk/product/EP4040-CUSA11454_00-CONTROLUEBUNDLE0

the physical version of control ultimate edition doesn't get the ps5 upgrade until march. the publisher of control tweeted that out, digital edition gets upgrade first.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

15 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I had to claim both PS4&PS5 versions through the app separately, maybe you can try it out?

You are 100% correct I just looked on the website store and the PS5 one is seperate from the PS4 one which I never would have known if I'd not seen your comment so thanks 😀

If you have 2 consoles, ps4 and ps5 I would go for every store independently, it looks weird to "buy" ps4 version on ps5 console, it seems like you bought base game only. But if you go to ps4 you can specifically pick Ultimate edition.

That is really odd. I cant get the ps5 version at all. Neither through the app, nor through the website. „Not available for buying“ it says.

maybe the psn stores in some country havnt been updated correctly. I am going to wait a day or two, for a solution.

2 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

That is really odd. I cant get the ps5 version at all. Neither through the app, nor through the website. „Not available for buying“ it says.

maybe the psn stores in some country havnt been updated correctly. I am going to wait a day or two, for a solution.

Yes, it seems to be an issue specific to the German store.

Hi, the problem in the german store is fixed now.

They made some changes and I was able to buy the ps5 upgrade for 25 cent. Downloading it right now.

many games have that proplem, the proplem is now fixted with the new system update from the ps5.

I’m having the same problem and it’s saying I have the PS4 version and that’s it. Very annoyed 

You had to have claimed both on the store when they were free, if you only claimed one of them you are shit out of luck, they were seperate, not combined like some others than just give ps5 version free

58 minutes ago, lakerman68 said:

I’m having the same problem and it’s saying I have the PS4 version and that’s it. Very annoyed 

Do you actually own the Ultimate Edition on the PS4 or do you own the original version which came out a few years ago?

Only the Ultimate Edition gives you the PS5 upgrade, the original version doesn't. If you do have the Ultimate, search for it on the store and see if it lets you download it. If not, you'll have to contact Sony support - disregard what the other person said, if you have the Ultimate version, there is no time limit on claiming the PS5 version.