Hide games to improve completion %

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything with a search of the site. I know that people can hide games that they've cheated but what about if you have a game that you've earned one trophy on and will never complete? Can you hide it to improve your completion percentage? 

I bought TESOL years ago and earned 2 trophies before deciding it wasn't for me. With all the updates I'm now missing 120 trophies on that one game! Will hiding it work? 

Thanks for your help and again sorry if this is a silly question!

1 minute ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Can you hide it to improve your completion percentage? 

Hiding games will affect your stats. For example I hide all my completed games so I lowered my completion percentage. Hiding incomplete games will raise your completion percentage.

*That is, if the game you hide has a lower completion percentage than your current completion percentage.

• Like 1

Just now, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks! It feels a bit 'cheaty' to hide games to boost my completion ratio but with a few online games with multiple updates, I'm wracking up hundreds of unearned trophies I'm never going to get! 

It's your profile, do what you want with it. It's not like you're on a completion percentage leaderboard claiming you're higher ranker than anyone else.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It's your profile, do what you want with it. It's not like you're on a completion percentage leaderboard claiming you're higher ranker than anyone else.

Yes, that's true. I gain literally nothing beyond a 'tidier' profile so I suppose no harm done. I suspect a lot of profiles with very high completion percentages do the same thing. I might make a rule for myself that I can only hide games that I've completed less than 5% of or something. 

29 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I suspect a lot of profiles with very high completion percentages do the same thing.

Not necessarily.  When you hide trophies, you get the big blue H that tells how many you hid.  Anyone boasting of a high completion rate with X amount of trophies hidden are going to get that turned on them pretty quick.

• Like 3