Walking/running bug?

ZankaiPowaa

Great to see this game on PS5. I'm however experiencing a really annoying bug. Jesse's sprinting animation stutters all the time, and she doesn't want to keep sprinting for more than a few seconds or doesn't even trigger sprinting at all. I've changed the key input to something else than L3 and set it to hold instead of toggle, but the running animation still feels janky and stuttery as hell. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 2

I have the same problem with the Dualsense which came with the console. I'm using a different one for now which solved the issue.

Already asked for a replacement, guess this is my second broken Dualsense.

The other controller didn't survived my resident evil revelations raid mode marathon, the R2 trigger broke on that one.

Edited by Noirlingua
misspelling
  • Like 1

I have same issue, I tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqWIG1coaY and it's actually helped but just for a while... I don't have drift issue's tho.

Interesting thing that I tested my dualsense in pc steam version of the game, and it worked perfectly. But I also feel that in pc version controller is a bit less sensitive. 

13 hours ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

Great to see this game on PS5. I'm however experiencing a really annoying bug. Jesse's sprinting animation stutters all the time, and she doesn't want to keep sprinting for more than a few seconds or doesn't even trigger sprinting at all. I've changed the key input to something else than L3 and set it to hold instead of toggle, but the running animation still feels janky and stuttery as hell. Anyone else experiencing this?

The only bug I get, is Jesse stops running by herself sometimes. But it’s rare and I can initiate a new sprint animation immediately. 
No other bugs, walking glitches or texture issues.

Game runs smooth on PS5. I love it.

(Almost Platinum, so I spent a lot of time already)

Edited by xIRockyRock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same running stuttering issue.  Also with the same Dualsense, in the menus, like in collectables or loadouts, it kept going down. So must be an issue with left stick not centralising properly.  Same controller also affected in other games so being sent back under warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have had the same issues. Sometimes when I was in Options it would just keep scrolling down. And when I pressed L3 to sprint, Jesse would either sprint for some seconds only or not at all. So in addition to fighting overpowered and creepy enemies in the game I was fighting the game either. It sucks when I just lost 75% of my health, because one of the flying things exploded right behind me and I can’t run away from the remaining 2.

This was the moment when I opened artifact viewer in Astro‘s Playroom and selected the DualSense controller to check inputs. You know when you move your sticks and press buttons, it shows up in the game. I discovered that when I moved and held my left analog stick forward, the console would register an ever so slight forwards and backwards movement. So that stick was glitched or beginning to break down. This is my only DualSense so it was the one that came with my PS5.

I only played about 700 hours on this platform (with that controller) and I‘m mildly shocked that I encountered stick issues this early. I can’t say when my issues started, because the games I played before were much more forgiving. I sent my DualSense in and hope I will be owner of a properly working one again soon to resume playing.

I recommend everyone that you use artifact viewer in Astro‘s Playroom as well to see if one stick delivers faulty inputs when you move it. A YouTuber explained it well in this video (he was checking for stick drift, but you could also move them):

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Had this start happening to me today as well. Seems like it is the controller, not the game. A bit ironic considering the name of the game…

There’s an option in the game to reverse the analog sticks, so the right stick controls movement and after doing that I don’t experience the issue anymore. So it seems the left stick is faulty. It’s not a solution, because playing that way is horrid, but it’s a useful diagnostic tool.

Using the artifact viewer in Astro verified the left stick is faulty. I can see it jumping back and forth slightly when I hold it forward. It only appears to happen with forward movement, not backwards or sideways. If I jam the stick forward as hard as I can, it appears to work normally, but this is an untenable solution.

I only have the one controller, so I can’t test with a different one. Guess I’ll have to send it in for repair…ugh. ?

That’s pretty shit quality for something less than a year old and has around 500-700 hours of use. My PS4 controller that came with a launch unit and has thousands, if not tens of thousands of hours on it still works perfectly fine and I’ve never had a single issue other than the rubber coming off the sticks.

Edited by CookeKeyes