I’ve bottled CP2077 up. The net repeatedly shook it. So here I am opening it all in your face. An Epic rant for you to inevitably TLDR.

FEARTRAIN

Normally I’d wait for the toxicity to air out some more, after people cool down and the game gets rid of the worst (and the inevitable) gamebreaking bugs that are in EVERY open world RPG at release. Why did we expect differently? Hell if I know. But I’ve decided i don’t care to be attacked over voicing the opposing opinion. Or in actuality, telling you the facts. Mostly. 

So if any of you haters and whiners can give an actual answer to the following question, then your criticisms toward CP2077 may have some actual worth to it. So here goes:

Who else, or what devs, would of made Cyberpunk 2077 better? Like Who could of handled it better?

In addition think of how many other complex open world RPG’s have been released recently. Not many, sadly. Most comparable ones are over 5-10 years old, cause this is a genre that rarely ever releases... yet we are somehow ENTITLED for better!? We call it trash, and reinforce our point by unfairly comparing it to games that aren’t within the same genre. Like most commonly GTA. Don’t be an idiot. GTA is NOT an RPG. CP2077 is tackling a lot of things and mechanics all at once, so just cause it has a law system and driving system that’s comparable to the likes of GTA that’s, yes inferior, doesn’t mean it’s therefore a bad game. This should be common sense goddammit, and it’s downright insulting. No respect us giving to the amount of time and work put into this, for a group of entitled babies whom don’t deserve the care. The way we act, we deserve Konami in all reality. We definitely don’t deserve CDPR. But seems like there’s a group of us, trying our hardest to push away the devs for failing to reach our unfounded and unrealistic expectations. We don’t get to expect better, when literally no one else is making it better!

like Remember Phil Fish? He left the industry before finishing Fez 2, due to a lynch mob that relentlessly criticized and attacked him. Even if you didn’t care for him, this is prob the most famous example, but what was accomplished through this? The rabid fan base won that day, but what did they (and we) all win in the end as a result?

One toxic commenter once told me, “it’s our constant criticism that gets the dev to make it better. It would all be crap if not for us!” (regarding No Man Sky). Lol If you actually believe this statement, then you are a bad sort of toxic. Like just think, like at school would you do better, if every single person including your own teacher criticized your work constantly? Would it ‘force’ you to get smarter and better at your homework while everyone tells you how stupid it is, an how much better other students do than, including LOL grade schoolers, idiot! And on the final you tried your best, put in ‘crunch overtime to study’ but missed a few answers on the final and people ridicule you for it???

No, it would frustrate you and make you throw your hands up and say something like: “F u all, this not worth it, nothings good enough and I no longer know who I’m even doing this for anyways. I’m out”

It’s just every time there’s huge hype, people lose all sense of fair judgment and perspective on the whole thing and everyone just goes stupid..

it starts with the biggest whiners from every corner of the world (a.k.a. The loudest, most persistent people hounding the net), got their worst complaints amplified through famous, edgy youtubers who game for a living (and you know for damn sure they got the best gaming rig possible and would never play a game as long as Cyberpunk on a base PS4!), whom then talked about it as if it were them who ran into those over exaggerated issues. Btw AngryJoe is officially a tool in my book, i don’t even think he has his own opinions anymore. Since his opinion always coincides with the most trending one. Which I know why he does it, so to avoid the rabid lynch mob who cower behind their keyboards, at the ready to gang up on anyone who dare present an opposing opinion against their own. That’s just a sad reality actually. Very sad. Like really, really sad. There’s better ways to pass the time dude. More beneficial ways even. 

The bigger and more mainstream the hype, means a bigger an more toxic base from that same slice of percentage. So In this case, CP likely being most hype ever, the negativity is overwhelming and leads people to believe it represents the majority. It never does tho. In reality, in my small corner of the world, I can’t even find a single person even upset or disappointed by the game. We all share a lot of the same criticisms tho, but any glitch we’ve came across was nothing we’d never seen before and weren’t actually prepared for beforehand. And most have finished the game on last gen consoles.

I also often kill time at two different GameStop locations, and every employee ive asked has enjoyed it and told me that CP2077 has had less returns than average even. Far from the “broken game” the internet so claims. I live in the city of millions so even tho my world is just a small bit of the whole, It’s baffling I can’t even find a single person who talks about with the same scrutiny 90 percent of people do online! Like wtf!

Also Sony would NEVER pull their best selling game over “quality issues and bugs” this makes me LOL the most. Rational thought is all it takes to know why.... CDPR, in an attempt to make it up for those disappointed, offered refunds regardless of Sony’s zero tolerance refunds policy. So with a game as big and popular as Cyberpunk, Sony decided they will not sell and offer refunds at the same time, especially when they don’t even deal with refunds regularly. They were not ready for this, so they pulled it instead since CDPR I’m sure insisted on it thru good will toward consumer.

The game will get better over time, being toxic about it doesn’t help anything or anyone at all. It just pains me to see every open world RPG games get beat up by a lynch mob of cowards behind a keyboard over frivolous issues. Not many ever come out, but when they do, people always ridicule them. It’s like we hate open world RPG’s, an don’t respect how complex it is. 

Anyone even notice how the world is not static at all? Know how Fallout 3 doesn’t even have a driving mechanic that unfairly gets it compared to GTA as well? You realize how stupid and insulting you are being by comparing the two and saying “oh yeah this game is like 20 years ago standard, FO3 is better.” Pff, man I don’t think any o ya negative Nancy’s here even realize how damaging, unnecessary and ignorant your actually being. Go find a better hobby if games aren’t good enough for ya for Christ’s sake.

and when you think about, who else could make Cyberpunk 2077 a better open world RPG anyways? BioWare? No they got beat up over Andromeda and DA:I before. Bethesda? No they get beat up the most actually. Anyone else? Kingdom Come devs? Nope... hmm can’t really think of any more devs that could even match the scope of Cyberpunk . Again. We don’t get to be entitled, not unless games like Cyberpunk are a dime a dozen, not once a year at most! Konami probably makes jokes about devs like them, since mobile and gambling machines makes more money for only a fraction of the cost. They prob think them fools for trying so hard for us.

Bunch of FN babies the lot of us. Stomping around, parroting the trending opinion like it’s our own, an spreading it all over the goddamn internet. Normally I’d wait for the toxicity to air out some more before injecting an opposing or more sensible opinion. But right now, guess I’m just sick of seeing this, and don’t care to rile up the dumbasses.

Wow... well I think this concludes it all. I’ll edit and add if I have any further rants. Thus will be my space to do so lol. Feeling better already.

TLDR I don’t expect anyone to actually read this post, this is a collection of frustrations from all the ignorance surrounding CP2077 since it’s release.  But if you did actually did read it all. Well then, damn, thank you :) !

I was going to believe the TC was someone fairly young until I looked at his profile and see that he is 35 years old.

As much as I like to side with the gamers with the Cyberpunk 2077 controversy, it has already been beaten into the ground so much that anyone wishing to issue more complaints about CD Projekt Red and their game is just reiterating at this point.

With his argument I might as well add that Fallout 4 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey are NOT RPGs, even though most casuals who haven't played anything beyond the mainstream will consider both of them as such.

You just wait like people had to wait for No Man's Sky. People today are saying No Man's Sky isn't a bad game at all, but five years ago if you told them as such they'd criticize you into submission because a lot of content that was promised wasn't in the initial release of the game.

Then again, with how short peoples attentions spans are they probably aren't even aware there was a No Man's Sky controversy. Just like the idiots who gave The Last of Us Part II the GOTY despite a great deal of people having their YouTube videos taken down regarding complaints about the game when the leak was revealed last April.

I'm not saying this guys argument is bad, it just needs a lot of work.

• Like 2

People like to complain.

I've not really dug into Cyberpunk yet, but what little I've played was fun enough. And it's only going to get better as the dev team can fix things without a sentient bag of money beating them over the head.

I'm speaking as someone who, while the internet was losing it's shit about No Man's Sky not being great, was having a grand old time farming space rocks on a psychedelic landscape to chill synth music.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I was going to believe the TC was someone fairly young until I looked at his profile and see that he is 35 years old.

Don't be that guy. You're better than that.

CDPR have listened to their customers. There may have been a few early missteps, but they patched the game. If there's something you'd like addressed with it or you desire a certain QoL feature, just kindly tell them. You're probably not the only one with that concern. I can see the game getting a lot of QoL features added over time.

I've been enjoying CP2077 on the PC since around Christmas, and haven't found much reason to complain. I'm glad it was CDPR that published and developed this.

Someone else such as Electronic Arts (yick!) or the burnt out ruin of Konami would likely have added Denuvo Anti-Tamper to the PC version. Denuvo AT can hurt performance and make load times longer, and also requires an occasional online reactivation. Then they would probably have sliced CP2077's content into a $60 base game with two $30 season passes for PC and console.

As for BioWare I'd rather see them with a different parent company, such as CDPR or Devolver Digital. And Maxis would be better off if they could get out from under EA. While The Sims 4 takes a step forward on some things, it takes two or three steps back in a lot of others. Some things that were part of the base game in TS3 require a DLC purchase.

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Just like the idiots who gave The Last of Us Part II the GOTY despite a great deal of people having their YouTube videos taken down regarding complaints about the game when the leak was revealed last April.

What does complaints about a leak have to do with a game getting GOTY?

On 2/2/2021 at 4:17 PM, FEARTRAIN said:

One toxic commenter once told me, “it’s our constant criticism that gets the dev to make it better. It would all be crap if not for us!”

This is exactly why the outrage culture in the gaming community keeps getting worse and worse.  Every developer that bends to them, only validates them more.

That's not to say you can't or shouldn't voice your opinions if something bad happens.  But for every CP2077 (which is a legitimate "thing") and No Man's Sky... you get dozens of minor outrages over ideological disagreements, insignificant DLC stuff, etc.  The problem with the gaming community is that they're crying wolf over everything, and it's never coming back to bite them.  There's never a lesson to learn.  With the tremendous influence social media has over perception on things, as long as enough people get upset about something, eventually someone caves and gives them what they want.  If not to save their reputation, but maybe their jobs and their companies.

Empowering opinions is a great thing until people believe everything they think/say is gospel.

This is why TLOU2 is such a hard thing for people to let go of.  The vocal minority eviscerated the game for basically no reason, and for once they didn't get an apology, no one got fired or resigned (infact I think there were a few promotions), and they didn't get any free stuff coming back to them.  The game sold gangbusters, won tons of awards and Druckmann basically laughed at them lol.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

And Maxis would be better off if they could get out from under EA. While The Sims 4 takes a step forward on some things, it takes two or three steps back in a lot of others. Some things that were part of the base game in TS3 require a DLC purchase.

Maxis is dead. They were alright under EA back in the day when they made the original Sims and SimCity 4. Both of those were solid games. 

EA gutted Maxis just like they did with so many others. If not for EA, we might still be looking forward to a new Dead Space game. 

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

What does complaints about a leak have to do with a game getting GOTY?

Your other comment already answers your question. 

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

This is exactly why the outrage culture in the gaming community keeps getting worse and worse.  Every developer that bends to them, only validates them more.

That's not to say you can't or shouldn't voice your opinions if something bad happens.  But for every CP2077 (which is a legitimate "thing") and No Man's Sky... you get dozens of minor outrages over ideological disagreements, insignificant DLC stuff, etc.  The problem with the gaming community is that they're crying wolf over everything, and it's never coming back to bite them.  There's never a lesson to learn.  With the tremendous influence social media has over perception on things, as long as enough people get upset about something, eventually someone caves and gives them what they want.  If not to save their reputation, but maybe their jobs and their companies.

Unfortunately our generation is at the forefront. You get some whiny, self entitled YouTuber like Angry Joe bitching about something and the people on the other side just bend their asses over. 

It’s a good reason why most developers don’t even allow or accept comments in general anymore because people on Twitter will just use that comment box to cry wolf. I still think Naughty Dog did a pretty decent job with The Last of Us Part II, but the controversy surrounding it is what pisses me off about the outrage culture. 

If these people see something they don’t like they will bitch about it until the developers are forced into submission. It is getting to ridiculous levels. Furthermore, looking at this more closely, this is basically history repeating. Many colleges and universities practically promote and accept sheer censorship. To see various anime games get shunned because they show some characters tits is beyond stupid. 

I’m not perfect myself, as I’ve stepped the line on many occasions as I’m sure a number of people can say about me from all the rants I’ve made. But I know my limits. 

The general mentality I see from these people in social media on an almost daily basis is the equivalent of watching some high school kids fight it out. This “my way or the highway” attitude is making everything worse. Yet they’re so sheepish they’ll believe any bullshit story that shows up on the internet and gets popular.

Edited by Spaz

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Maxis is dead. They were alright under EA back in the day when they made the original Sims and SimCity 4. Both of those were solid games. 

EA gutted Maxis just like they did with so many others. If not for EA, we might still be looking forward to a new Dead Space game. 

And there are probably EA studios to share that same fate, give it a few years. It's never going to stop... who will they gut next? EA once was good, and the way they've changed is pretty sad. Maxis is just a brand now, not a studio. The Emeryville studio has been long gone.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

And there are probably EA studios to share that same fate, give it a few years. It's never going to stop... who will they gut next? EA once was good, and the way they've changed is pretty sad. Maxis is just a brand now, not a studio. The Emeryville studio has been long gone.

Six years is all. But I was upset to see it go.