Don’t buy this game

Wagszilla

5 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Glitched trophies and plenty of bugs and crashes.

Do not buy this game and reward developers who don’t care to ship unbroken games or at least fix them.

If you bought it, email Sony and ask for a refund.

well friend I have not gotten round to playing it yet but I plan to as it was free some time back so yeah, also be ready for the incoming people saying either "that never happen to me" or "your just unlucky" or my favourite "your copy might be broken or your doing something wrong to make this happen" it seems to me a lot of people do this nowadays and while your thoughts is that the game is broken and glitched trophies and so on it might not be for someone else but yeah.

I will say though that you can't get sony to give you a refund on nearly anything your better off getting discs copies as at least you can get some money back if you sell it to another store or take it back but still, cyberpunk being refunded was rare to see of sony. I mean I am surprised they heard the out cry as they seemed to not give two shits when fallout todd lie 76 dropped and was a buggy and broken pile of shit.

• Like 1

Yes. Mafia 3 is frustrating. It's not a quick game to play through so that feeling when you get to the end and the in-game counter has gone on the fritz so you don't get your trophies is not good! Mafia 3 is infamously bugged and there are several threads on this website about the numerous problems with the game. I agree that if you're a trophy hunter, give this one a miss. 

• Like 3

On 2021-02-02 at 3:05 PM, JoesusHCrust said:

Mafia 3 is infamously bugged and there are several threads on this website about the numerous problems with the game. I agree that if you're a trophy hunter, give this one a miss. 

It’s incredibly frustrating that the developers don’t seem to give two shits about how broken this game is. The bugged trophies, game glitches, and problems with crashing and freezing are so widespread that they’re discussed frequently on every forum related to this game and have become well known problems.

Many people, including myself, have send support tickets to 2k and/or contacted the developers directly to try and bring some attention to the issues plaguing this game, and from the way they respond it’s really evident that they couldn’t care less about the problems people are having. It’s infuriating.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2021 at 10:36 PM, Wagszilla said:

Glitched trophies and plenty of bugs and crashes.

Do not buy this game and reward developers who don’t care to ship unbroken games or at least fix them.

If you bought it, email Sony and ask for a refund.

Should see the Mafia 2 remaster on PS4, it's an absolute broken mess.

Either Hanger 13 are terrible at making games, or 2K are rushing them.

• Like 1

It's definitely repetitive yeah but i still enjoyed it. It didn't seem to be any buggier than other open world games when I played it but the newest update for the definitive edition seems to of screwed with something. Shame about Mafia II Remaster though, even the ps now version of the original is better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Should see the Mafia 2 remaster on PS4, it's an absolute broken mess.

Either Hanger 13 are terrible at making games, or 2K are rushing them.

Yeah I played that too. The various CMYK dev tools popping in constantly was pretty funny.

7 hours ago, DdMac679 said:

I had no issues with crashes or glitched trophies. Digital owner. 

Quite the opposite for me.

I bought Mafia The Collection digitally and yeah, outside of Cyberpunk, Mafia 3 DE has been by far the most glitchy game I’ve owned.

Hmm, I was considering buying the bundle where you get all three games for a fairly cheap price. My best friend pre-ordered Mafia III and was super hyped about it, he enjoyed it with no complaint or problem, but he's also not a trophy hunter and couldn't give two shits about them lol So I'll ask this - as a gamer and not a trophy hunter, is the story worth buying any of the mafia games for? Keep in mind that I'm used to buggy, glitchy, crashing games (looking at you Neverwinter) so my tolerance is a bit higher than average for such things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

So I'll ask this - as a gamer and not a trophy hunter, is the story worth buying any of the mafia games for? Keep in mind that I'm used to buggy, glitchy, crashing games (looking at you Neverwinter) so my tolerance is a bit higher than average for such things.

Mafia 1 is the best of the bunch. Both as a game and as a story. It’s the only one I had a connection to and I’d say they got significantly worse per game. 

Good you have a high tolerance for glitches because with the current patch you may have to play 12 hours straight (or use rest mode) to get some trophies if you want the platinum.

• Like 2

Having tried 4 times to pop the New Boss trophy, I surrendered. I believe you have to downgrade you version to 1.09 since playing with the latest updates can brake your game, cause it to crash and some trophies just don't work. Wasted waaay too much time on this one so finished my "adventure" with this game 1 trophy away from the plat.

And yes, I contacted the support. They told me that the QA team is aware of the bugs, unfortunately the support team doesn't know what's the progress of fixing these issues. Hey, I guess these teams must be separated on desert islands ;)

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Yeah I played that too. The various CMYK dev tools popping in constantly was pretty funny.

Quite the opposite for me.

I bought Mafia The Collection digitally and yeah, outside of Cyberpunk, Mafia 3 DE has been by far the most glitchy game I’ve owned.

When I played Mafia 3, I had bought the base game and DLC separate. I had already obtained the plat before the recent Mafia 3 DE came out. Wonder if it’s more the version and not really the overall game. 

I had one trophy in Mafia III bug out on me several times to where I had to turn off my internet on the PS4 to get it to pop. 

Sad to hear that people are still having problems over four years later. I actually liked Lincoln Clay and didn’t think the story was too bad. The gameplay is very tedious as you dedicate two playthroughs to saving and killing racket bosses respectively. 

2K Games, much like how they treat the NBA 2K franchise, don’t care about the players.

• Like 1