What's the worst forced failure trophy you've seen/tried to get?

JohnCenaSong-

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5340-darkest-dungeon/42-we-all-return-to-dust

We all return to dust... From Darkest Dunegon

While some people may get it by playing normally. It's a terrible sting because if for some reason you never had a max level character die completing every other trophy you basically must willingly sacrifice one just to get this then.

Could that one technically be unmissable from the final boss as you'll take max levels there? I'm not entirely sure if it counts, but 

Spoiler

The final boss kills 2 party members as it's health drops, this is mandatory and it makes you choose which party members to sacrifice.

Though you make a good shout with the game in general because there's a missable (IIRC) death trophy to die to Wilbur, which is a boss in Weald, and additionally there's a whole load of death related trophies. Some quite annoying like trying to die to a trap or obstacle. Party wipe on a boss is another one that's annoying because firstly you could run out of bosses, and secondly even if you don't miss your opportunity to do it, doing it intentionally means losing 4 probably decent heroes and having to redo the dungeon again.

On 03/02/2021 at 4:54 AM, janzor88 said:

Definitely the chicken emblem from Metal Gear Solid 4, which is part of the "Sounds of the Battlefield" trophy.

The game is basically about stealth approach and tactics, and takes around 3-4 hours to complete if skipping all cutscenes.

The chicken playthrough forces you to do these incredibly stupid things:

Alerts: 150 or more
Kills: 500 or more
Continues: 50 or more
First Aid Items: 50 or more
Time: More than 35 hrs. of play

This sounds needlessly annoying, I wouldn't bother with this for sure xD Definitely would need to keep the game running overnight to clock in 35 hours for a playthrough.

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God has one for dying 15 times.  Now this doesn't sound too terrible compared to other trophies people have mentioned, but the game is a roguelike and if you die in a dungeon it royally screws you over and autosaves over that.  So what most players do is if they do indeed die, they quickly press the PS button and close the app rather than actually die.  That means you do have to grind this out and each new dungeon starts you at level 1 with pathetically weak monsters, so it's slow and time consuming to boot.

On 03/02/2021 at 9:35 AM, iliya0212 said:

Alien Isolation has trophy for dying 100 times to alien.. 100 TIMES TOO MANY

Oh yeah, this one. There is a place somewhere towards the end where you can farm dying, that honestly made me not drop the platinum. Without the farming spot, it would be incredibly tedious.

15 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

The worst one for me is Fenix Furia. I have two stupid bronze trophies left, which require you to die 5000 and 10.000 times. The problem is they're glitched and I have absolutely no idea how any of the achievers got it.

You should message the achievers, 99% of the time they reply.

• Like 1

Not dying but in Yakuza 0 there is a missable where you have to get hit by Reina's bottle attack. For that you have to actually miss the qte event that occurs in a boss fight. 

Games have programmed my brain in such a way that if a quick time event pops up I instantly try to press it so in this instance I missed the trophy for actually doing what you are normally supposed to do. 

• Like 1

On ‎03‎.‎02‎.‎2021 at 5:54 AM, janzor88 said:

Definitely the chicken emblem from Metal Gear Solid 4, which is part of the "Sounds of the Battlefield" trophy.

The game is basically about stealth approach and tactics, and takes around 3-4 hours to complete if skipping all cutscenes.

The chicken playthrough forces you to do these incredibly stupid things:

Alerts: 150 or more
Kills: 500 or more
Continues: 50 or more
First Aid Items: 50 or more
Time: More than 35 hrs. of play

Great example. I think this one has to take the cake.

The best part is this alone is only a fraction of the trophy. 
There are other emblems you need to earn which are tedious in their own rights.

• Like 1

There are 3 that come to mind for me, all from the same game - Majicka 2:

:bronze:My Bad:

Kill your Friends 1000 times

:bronze:Trying to get Trial and Error:

Kill yourself 1000 times

:bronze:Trial and Error:

Die 1000 times

These might have seemed fun for people who play in parties with people they know over a long time, but My Bad in particular is a terrible trophy in a game with random matchups, as I lost count of how many times people joined my game, only to keep killing me and the others in the party over and over again.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Could that one technically be unmissable from the final boss as you'll take max levels there? I'm not entirely sure if it counts, but 

Hide contents

The final boss kills 2 party members as it's health drops, this is mandatory and it makes you choose which party members to sacrifice.

Though you make a good shout with the game in general because there's a missable (IIRC) death trophy to die to Wilbur, which is a boss in Weald, and additionally there's a whole load of death related trophies. Some quite annoying like trying to die to a trap or obstacle. Party wipe on a boss is another one that's annoying because firstly you could run out of bosses, and secondly even if you don't miss your opportunity to do it, doing it intentionally means losing 4 probably decent heroes and having to redo the dungeon again.

This sounds needlessly annoying, I wouldn't bother with this for sure xD Definitely would need to keep the game running overnight to clock in 35 hours for a playthrough.

Technically it's missable in that situation still as it requires the hero to be max level when they die.one could possibly fight the final boss without a max level hero or instead opt to sacrifice the non maxed heroes. Either way it's still a crap trophy you basically either have to mess up big and allow your max hero to die of sacrifice them willingly just for Trophy. Then you have trophies that encourage full team wipes and deaths by certain bosses. Which most likely will happen but still sucks you will have to get a permanent reminder that you failed at every turn.

8L3d0907.png

"Unbowed" in Party Hard

This trophy requires you to die 100 times. You have to die, not just get downed and arrested, so you're unlikely to get this playing normally and if you're like me will end up loading into the rooftop party level, sabotaging the speakers and electrocuting yourself to death on the dance floor over and over and over again while your PS4 intermittently crashes. 

In visual novels and otome games, there's trophies for completed the CG gallery and also bad endings, so you need to make bad choices and get your character killed e.g. Amnesia v edition, collar x malice, code realize, psycho pass etc. Same with drama games like beyond two souls which has trophies for everyone dying, getting caught by the police and escaping, and same with Detroit become human where you have to kill Connor at every opportunity. 

The only one I can think of really is :bronze: Pata-Pata-Almost from Patapon. It just asks you to lose to a boss when the boss has 5% or less hp. The problem is that the boss has visual indicators for its life total and not specific values shown, so I had to fail at getting this trophy more than I care to even recall just because I lost too soon or killed the boss on accident. There is a specific workaround to make it easier to do but I still found it to be a legitimately horrendous trophy

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2021 at 3:40 AM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Die 1000 Times, Kill Yourself 1000 Times

Well, can those two be stacked at least?

On 2/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

One of the dumbest was We Dare. Like half the trophies were for failing. I wrote the trophy guide for it and it was just "do nothing" over and over

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4720-we-dare-trophy-guide

A game where you have to fail in order to win. Sounds fun lol

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!

32S1676ca.png

You Only Have Eyes for Me!

MAX!!!!!ed out a character's LP level.

Max LP is 10,000. You get LP every time you win or lose a battle, and the amount of points you get depends on what mode you're playing. IIRC, this is almost always 2 points for winning, and 1 point for losing. The fastest way to get LP is to lose in Score Attack mode, which gives you 8 points every time. Assuming this is the last trophy you go for, your favourite character will have between 1000 - 2000 LP. So yeah, that's a lot of dying and pressing start to continue. This was a ridiculous trophy in an already grindy game.

Edited by yuber1234

Starwhal 

Die One Thousand Times

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3376-starwhal/4-die-one-thousand-deaths

Like many other posts, this game requires you to die one thousand times, but theres a slight twist. It needs to be done in challenge mode (not the twist), and on top of that the games trophy counters are broken!!! That's right, if you want this trophy it needs to be done in

ONE SITTING! About half of the trophies for this game are ultra rare because of this issue xD

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 5:48 AM, LucasDiasC said:

The worst one for me is Fenix Furia. I have two stupid bronze trophies left, which require you to die 5000 and 10.000 times. The problem is they're glitched and I have absolutely no idea how any of the achievers got it. I've probably done it more than 20 times by now and it never pops.

On top of that, the other trophies are pretty challenging, but you'll probably get stuck at 97% anyways.

I ended up buying the JP stack (only one in which these trophies properly work) because I was planning it to be my 400th plat at that time, but the NA stack remains incomplete. It's been some time since I last tried, but I don't have many hopes for this one...

Playing this game right now, have the exact same problem. Messaged Green Lava Studios, only to have their PR rep (?) reply saying that they'll let the devs know and never heard anything since. 

I brought this up in the "Glitchy trophies" thread for this game on this site and MMDE (the guy who wrote the guide for the game) was testing different ways to pop the 5k and 10k and somehow managed to pop the 5k on one of his streams (which are in that thread), which popped randomly after more than 26k deaths! Even he was unsure with how it popped. 

Did you ever get any useful information from the devs before that we may be able to try now?

Such a shame that the Platinum is locked away because of two otherwise very simple trophies, especially considering how good the game is. 

• Like 1

Radio Hammer Station has the "Failure is the mother of success" trophy, where you have to fail and retry a level 20 times in one go (at least I'm assuming it's in one go). Restarting from the pause menu doesn't count, you have to actually die and restart from the game over screen... 20 times. Even if you go into a level with lots of enemies early on to intentionally die really quickly and restart right away (what I did) this becomes kind of a grind...

There's also "Get a Grade F in TUNE" from DJMAX Technika Tune, and... doing intentionally horribly while still keeping your life bar from fully dropping is harder than it sounds ?

Edited by Zanreo

On 2/3/2021 at 0:48 PM, LucasDiasC said:

The worst one for me is Fenix Furia. I have two stupid bronze trophies left, which require you to die 5000 and 10.000 times. The problem is they're glitched and I have absolutely no idea how any of the achievers got it. I've probably done it more than 20 times by now and it never pops.

On top of that, the other trophies are pretty challenging, but you'll probably get stuck at 97% anyways.

I ended up buying the JP stack (only one in which these trophies properly work) because I was planning it to be my 400th plat at that time, but the NA stack remains incomplete. It's been some time since I last tried, but I don't have many hopes for this one...

Yes!  This is also what I immediately thought of.  Both of those trophies in Fenix Furia are glitched for me too.  I've tried some random, probably pointless ideas, but no luck.  I see someone did recently manage to get the 5000 one to pop, but it looks like the 10000 one glitched on them.  Maybe I'll try again sometime.

NieR: Automata -- Transcendent Being

Watch all endings: there's 26 of them, and 20+ of them are bad (and one is actually missable to the point of a completely new savegame).

Outer Worlds -- Flawed Hero

Obtain 3 flaws: detrimental perks that require various triggers, usually very very avoidable unless you like getting an injury several (dozen) times.

Moonlighter -- There Is No Avarice Without Penalty

Die with your inventory full of items: A full inventory can hold about 40-50 items (not sure) and can have stacks between 5 and 15 items.

Dying means losing all you have in you inventory. Not only is dying easily avoided, you get an special item that allows you to send stuff to your base, and one that lets you travel back to base yourself (and even one that allows you to return to the same spot).

Moonlighter -- Distracted Merchant

Make 20 visitors abandon your shop: If a paying customer doesn't get helped at the counter in time (10-20 seconds? quite long) they'll take the item without paying. Usually there's not that many customers and it's easy to keep an eye out on the counter and rush to them (paying is a single click).

Trinity Universe -- Space Tourists

Let yourself drift out of orbit 50 times: This means clearing a dungeon and failing to escape in time. The biggest downside is that you lose a fair percentage of your cash or an additional battle. Nobody likes watching a timer count down to zero when it's clear that it'll have bad consequences.

Dragon's Dogma -- Servitude

Soar unto a new world: In one of the final stages of the story you get to fight the Seneschal. Simply lose the fight. Except that it takes ages to lose and the opponent dies in just a few hits.

And as mentioned before:

- Hyper Light Drifter: die 1000 times

- Magicka 2: kill/die/suicide 1000 times

Not trophies as the game was Xbox 360 exclusive so it was achievements but Dead or Alive 4, the objective of a fighting game is to win as many fights as possible especially in online matches, this game wanted you to do the exact opposite: multiple achievements which you had to lose online matches to earn:

One for losing so many matches you dropped to rank D, another for losing even more so you dropped to rank E.

Then you had loss streak achievements, for 3 of them you had to lose, 5, 10 & 20 straight fights without ever having any wins in between.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:51 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

In htoL#NiQ The Firefly Diary is a trophy for dying 300 times but that was one of the earliest trophies i unlocked :D

I got that one while earning the plat too.  Some of those trophies take a lot of tries to get right.

To me the worst one is Down for the Count in Sorcery Saga.  Sorcery Saga is a roguelike game, so dying results in you losing everything that isn't equipped.  If your luck is really bad, a monster may have unequipped your gear and bye bye awesome gear.  Plain and simple, a smart player is going to exit the game before it auto-saves if they die, so you're unlikely to get this one naturally.  To do this one, you have to do it on purpose by unequipping your gear and heading out to a dungeon.  But to make matters worse, it sure takes some time to get killed intentionally even without gear because the enemies start off very weak and you got to do it 50 times.