bdias10

This is unplayabe

23 posts in this topic

I am sorry , but i have to vent. This online mode is pure garbage, i cant even complete a single race without some dirty garbage loser ramming me out of the track every single time. I raced 15 times and got pole position 3 times, 3 times got second place on the grid and the other ones were 4th, only 2 races were fair and of course i placed 2th , but i wasnt mad at all because it was my fault and the guy was better. Other than that it was just a frustrating experience and i rather doing GT5 all over again than this shit. Also the penalty system is a pure joke and unfair as fk. Really, what a frustrating experience is . I hate those dirty loser drivers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there is some smart system that connects you with players of same level experience, if you just started to play you need to play more and do it without cheating/ramming other players, this way you will more likely connect to good players. But seems I'm mistaking.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

I thought there is some smart system that connects you with players of same level experience, if you just started to play you need to play more and do it without cheating/ramming other players, this way you will more likely connect to good players. But seems I'm mistaking.

It does not anymore, i have been with C and B players since i got B sportmanship and once i downgraded it to D i got the D skill players but of course they have E SR , so they throw you out of the track. The B and C lobbys the players are really really good, so skill wise is way harder, but it turns out is the same shit because on the lower lobbies this is unplayable due this ramming bs. I am done with this game lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as long as this game never comes to PS+, I will be too lazy to put in the effort to get good enough for the podium finish trophies. Because I'm in Australia, I'm always matched up with all those hardcore hikkikomori in Japan.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was A/S driver and it wasn't much different, unfortunately no matter penalty system, you can't change people. And:

 

38 minutes ago, lettmon said:

You just described every online racing game ever.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lettmon said:

You just described every online racing game ever.

 

It works for all online games in general ... always a lot of people ruining the experience :( 

With racing games it's destruction derby, for FPS it's people camping to get a high kill/death ratio and so they just don't care about the objective and helping the team, for sports games it's people leaving game before the end so you don't get the win, etc ...

 

You should try to not play dirty against dirty people, try to keep calm, and get an S rank as fair play (i know, it's hard, even I can"t respect that simple rule, and just want to kill the guy who ruined my race 😈)... even in S rank you have some dirty races, but it's way less often than when you are in B or C rank X)

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the same in F1 games. The best experience you can get is only in high rating in iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione. Unfortunate effect of arcade sims that are widely available to everyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I just rammed them back.  Or you can bait them, if you're good enough, and they drive of the track lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a good way to lessen this significantly.

I don't play racing titles on this account but I do on my alt. This account is for shoot-em-ups and titles that are much more adult in nature for the most part. I have the T-150 Thrustmaster Driving Wheel and Pedal set.

Things to know about Gran Turismo Sport:

1. Even though you may have an "S" rank for sportsmanship...there is a leveling system associated with it that is hidden.
2. Get out of the middle of the pack as soon as you can. Either qualify crap on purpose...or if you know you're dominant on a track...make sure you get top 3. Start front or start back. Do not start in the middle no matter what you do.

What you need to do:
1. Do your next 15 to 30 races in the dailies by getting absolutely no penalties. That means starting in the back for the most part. Then finish the entire race without any collisions. This will start moving your sportsmanship rank up significantly...even if you have an "S" rank. What you are trying to accomplish here is getting in with a better class of racer that doesn't think your car is a good braking strategy. Very soon...you will find yourself in with a class of racer that cares about their finishes and will be less aggressive in using you for their brakes. Mistakes happen...but most people in a high "S" rank do not want to punt or even make contact because it completely screws them over.

 

2. Once you start getting in with a better class of racer...and because of all your low but clean finishes....STOP DOING DAILY RACES for a while. Daily races attract the worst of the worst by far. Instead...focus on the weekly races and spend all your time practicing on the tracks you will be competing on without any other drivers. Just roll it over and over and work everything out. This will cause you to place ridiculously high in the weeklies...which will offset your low rank...and also make you really damn good at all the tracks week by week. In reality...you are racing against yourself...and you should treat the races that way even when there are other players. Don't defend when you screw up...acknowledge and let them pass without trouble...unless you're in the final two laps. Defending 8th place on lap one is the absolute most stupid thing you can do...you're bottling everything up behind you and you will get wrecked. No doubts. Don't battle unless in the top 5 in the last 2 laps as a general rule.

 

3. If you can afford it...get a wheel and pedal set that is motorized. This will make a significant difference in your finishes. Learning how to trailbrake is an absolute must to turn all your second and third place finishes into first place finishes and creating distance from bad drivers. Obviously it is entirely necessary to opt for manual transmission...which you certainly already do if you're placing high.

4. Again...learning how to TrailBrake correctly is one of the most important things you can do.

5. Learning TrailBraking is ridiculously important.

6. You ever heard of TrailBraking?

7. TrailBrake.

8. Trail

 

9. Brake

10. Men racers from Brazil are the devil incarnate. If you see a Brazillian flag in your rearview mirror...prepare for an epic punting of biblical proportions. :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shua_J said:

There's a good way to lessen this significantly.

I don't play racing titles on this account but I do on my alt. This account is for shoot-em-ups and titles that are much more adult in nature for the most part. I have the T-150 Thrustmaster Driving Wheel and Pedal set.

Things to know about Gran Turismo Sport:

1. Even though you may have an "S" rank for sportsmanship...there is a leveling system associated with it that is hidden.
2. Get out of the middle of the pack as soon as you can. Either qualify crap on purpose...or if you know you're dominant on a track...make sure you get top 3. Start front or start back. Do not start in the middle no matter what you do.

What you need to do:
1. Do your next 15 to 30 races in the dailies by getting absolutely no penalties. That means starting in the back for the most part. Then finish the entire race without any collisions. This will start moving your sportsmanship rank up significantly...even if you have an "S" rank. What you are trying to accomplish here is getting in with a better class of racer that doesn't think your car is a good braking strategy. Very soon...you will find yourself in with a class of racer that cares about their finishes and will be less aggressive in using you for their brakes. Mistakes happen...but most people in a high "S" rank do not want to punt or even make contact because it completely screws them over.

 

2. Once you start getting in with a better class of racer...and because of all your low but clean finishes....STOP DOING DAILY RACES for a while. Daily races attract the worst of the worst by far. Instead...focus on the weekly races and spend all your time practicing on the tracks you will be competing on without any other drivers. Just roll it over and over and work everything out. This will cause you to place ridiculously high in the weeklies...which will offset your low rank...and also make you really damn good at all the tracks week by week. In reality...you are racing against yourself...and you should treat the races that way even when there are other players. Don't defend when you screw up...acknowledge and let them pass without trouble...unless you're in the final two laps. Defending 8th place on lap one is the absolute most stupid thing you can do...you're bottling everything up behind you and you will get wrecked. No doubts. Don't battle unless in the top 5 in the last 2 laps as a general rule.

 

3. If you can afford it...get a wheel and pedal set that is motorized. This will make a significant difference in your finishes. Learning how to trailbrake is an absolute must to turn all your second and third place finishes into first place finishes and creating distance from bad drivers. Obviously it is entirely necessary to opt for manual transmission...which you certainly already do if you're placing high.

4. Again...learning how to TrailBrake correctly is one of the most important things you can do.

5. Learning TrailBraking is ridiculously important.

6. You ever heard of TrailBraking?

7. TrailBrake.

8. Trail

 

9. Brake

10. Men racers from Brazil are the devil incarnate. If you see a Brazillian flag in your rearview mirror...prepare for an epic punting of biblical proportions. :)

Hey man, thanks for all the tips, but i am done with this, thank god i didnt put this garbage on my account , so that would screw my ratio, but i am from brazil and you are absolutely right, those fuckers are dirty as hell, but i had americans, colombians, chilenos, every one just screw me lol. Its too much effort for me, not worth it. Like i said i did GT5 and took me months, but at least was very fun and fair, since it was my skill related, this is a lot of luck also, and its very unfair, so i will pass this shit

5 hours ago, seblegamer said:

 

It works for all online games in general ... always a lot of people ruining the experience :( 

With racing games it's destruction derby, for FPS it's people camping to get a high kill/death ratio and so they just don't care about the objective and helping the team, for sports games it's people leaving game before the end so you don't get the win, etc ...

 

You should try to not play dirty against dirty people, try to keep calm, and get an S rank as fair play (i know, it's hard, even I can"t respect that simple rule, and just want to kill the guy who ruined my race 1f608.png)... even in S rank you have some dirty races, but it's way less often than when you are in B or C rank X)

 

 

Yeah but the problem will be skill on those lobbies, it is hard as fuck anyways, the lower lobbies are not hard to get podium and wins , but are almost impossible to finish the race due the ramming these awful drivers do, and the higher SR lobbies are really really hard for me to keep it up with a pad . Jesus, i love GT games but this experience was terrible, congrats to anyone who did these trophies

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

the lower lobbies are not hard to get podium and wins , but are almost impossible to finish the race due the ramming these awful drivers do, and the higher SR lobbies are really really hard for me to keep it up with a pad 


Kudos for at least giving the game a go! You've got the GT5 and GT6 plats anyway so that in itself is already very impressive! 

In the possibility that you do try Sport again, I'll give some advice. Based on what you said, it seems the prospect of winning in lower lobbies is possible but the rammers seem to impede and send people to the shadow realm... However, there is a good side to this. Based on my experience in lower lobbies, I find that such players often ram in the first turn, netting them penalties and whatnot. So the strategy here is to approach the first turn in an area you find that the rammers don't slam into (or by just getting lucky if I'm being honest), and scrape by cleanly and leave the rammers in the dust. They'll have a hard time catching up to you from here because:

1. They'll have penalties to serve
2. Since they're in lower tiers, this means they'll generally have slower lap times on top of that (even if their best lap is a second slower, that can be a lot of time in a race, and such time adds up as you'll gain a bigger lead)

From here on out, try to do the rest of the race as fast and cleanly as you can based on your practice in qualifying, and you should have more success winning so long as you can survive the infamous shadow realm onslaught at the beginning (especially on tracks like Monza, YIKES!). Of course though, there'll be drivers who don't ram and manage to stay on your tail, but if they wouldn't ram on the first turn, then chances are they'll be clean and friendly racers, and from here the winner will be determined on skill. 🙂 I had a lot of trouble in my first 20 races or so, but once I managed to start getting wins, it's good when you have the momentum going! And of course, time and patience are virtues when it comes to this game. 


But anyway, at the end of the day, you've still got 2 other GT plats which is really cool! Congrats on that, man! 😎 
 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god gt7 is going back to its routes because it is a fantastic franchise and on paper gt sport was a good idea but in reality online racing games dont work. 

Only 1 a really play is f1 which is bad but not as bad as sport. Most frustrating part about f1 games are your car can get smashed up so easily and if someone rams you, the recipitant normally gets punished

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shrooba said:


Kudos for at least giving the game a go! You've got the GT5 and GT6 plats anyway so that in itself is already very impressive! 

In the possibility that you do try Sport again, I'll give some advice. Based on what you said, it seems the prospect of winning in lower lobbies is possible but the rammers seem to impede and send people to the shadow realm... However, there is a good side to this. Based on my experience in lower lobbies, I find that such players often ram in the first turn, netting them penalties and whatnot. So the strategy here is to approach the first turn in an area you find that the rammers don't slam into (or by just getting lucky if I'm being honest), and scrape by cleanly and leave the rammers in the dust. They'll have a hard time catching up to you from here because:

1. They'll have penalties to serve
2. Since they're in lower tiers, this means they'll generally have slower lap times on top of that (even if their best lap is a second slower, that can be a lot of time in a race, and such time adds up as you'll gain a bigger lead)

From here on out, try to do the rest of the race as fast and cleanly as you can based on your practice in qualifying, and you should have more success winning so long as you can survive the infamous shadow realm onslaught at the beginning (especially on tracks like Monza, YIKES!). Of course though, there'll be drivers who don't ram and manage to stay on your tail, but if they wouldn't ram on the first turn, then chances are they'll be clean and friendly racers, and from here the winner will be determined on skill. 1f642.png I had a lot of trouble in my first 20 races or so, but once I managed to start getting wins, it's good when you have the momentum going! And of course, time and patience are virtues when it comes to this game. 


But anyway, at the end of the day, you've still got 2 other GT plats which is really cool! Congrats on that, man! 1f60e.png 
 

Thanks a lot man, I just dont have the patience for this one, since it doesnt depend on me only. GT5 and 6 were only skill based, this crap here is just not, the game does punish dirty drivers really poorly so at the end of all it does not pay the stress. If at least they eliminated the dirty asshows on their first dirty try this would be way better to play,even though some accidents are not intentional, or if they made all cars like ghosts, maybe the second option would be way more fair, but they decided to put 12 drivers on narrow ass tracks with everyone trying to get 1st on the first lap, you just dont have enough space even laping 2st or 3st, i dont know, maybe i just suck, the thing is i dont want to get a wheel, neither learn manual transmission . I am happy with GT5 and 6 plat, maybe 7 will come back to the roots and we all going to forget this crap even existed

1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Thank god gt7 is going back to its routes because it is a fantastic franchise and on paper gt sport was a good idea but in reality online racing games dont work. 

Only 1 a really play is f1 which is bad but not as bad as sport. Most frustrating part about f1 games are your car can get smashed up so easily and if someone rams you, the recipitant normally gets punished

Yeah bro, i feel you. At least on F1 2020 i didnt have to win 91 races on public lobbys with garbage ass drivers trying to fuck me on my first turn, it is literally unplayable, i felt like punching those dudes seriusly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Hey man, thanks for all the tips, but i am done with this, thank god i didnt put this garbage on my account , so that would screw my ratio, but i am from brazil and you are absolutely right, those fuckers are dirty as hell, but i had americans, colombians, chilenos, every one just screw me lol. Its too much effort for me, not worth it. Like i said i did GT5 and took me months, but at least was very fun and fair, since it was my skill related, this is a lot of luck also, and its very unfair, so i will pass this shit.


Thanks for taking the Brazilian comment in stride. It's totally true people from everywhere race very...very poorly. It sucks because the community loses good people that generally don't get shown the ropes until it's too late. The thing that sucks the most is that they will never get to experience what it's like battling it out between top 5 that have been hanging together and intentionally drifting eachother to create separation from the pack so that the last 2 laps is so intense but rewarding...you'll never want to do a junk race ever again. Clean battles are some of the best things in gaming. If you do decide to air out and give it a run later on...keep these things in mind. They will help the quality of your gaming experience immensely. Laters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shua_J said:


Thanks for taking the Brazilian comment in stride. It's totally true people from everywhere race very...very poorly. It sucks because the community loses good people that generally don't get shown the ropes until it's too late. The thing that sucks the most is that they will never get to experience what it's like battling it out between top 5 that have been hanging together and intentionally drifting eachother to create separation from the pack so that the last 2 laps is so intense but rewarding...you'll never want to do a junk race ever again. Clean battles are some of the best things in gaming. If you do decide to air out and give it a run later on...keep these things in mind. They will help the quality of your gaming experience immensely. Laters.

Yeah man, you are totally correct. What pisses me off is that majority of times, these scumbags dont even get a decent penalty. Many times that i got kicked out of the track i saw 2 seconds penalty and sometimes none, while i lost 8 seconds to 10 most of the time. This game are not supposed to be played online, since it is way more rewarding to play dirty than clean since you can play dirty and lose 4 seconds max of penalty while your opponent loses the entire race, and after that you have to wait 15 minutes before trying again , for experience the same bullshit again. And on my case that i am not super good and play with a pad, even trying to raise my SR, i will get lobbies with crazy good players that will outspeed me easily, so i stand no chance, unless i decide to put crazy amount of hours on this BS. No, thanks. The vettel challenges took me 2 weaks, 6 hours every day, but at least i was failing due my lack of skill necessary to complete it and it felt fair so despite bitching about how hard it was and wanting to kill the devs i just could not quit because it felt fair somehow because i knew it was my own fault, but this bullshit here?? Jesus, what a mess.. They really should ban these drivers forever, they are the cancer of this community and racing games in general. Even campers on FPS dont come near this shit, because you can easily kill them once you know where they are, but on this once they fuck you up you are wasted, you are done, there is no comeback

Edited by bdias10
fixing
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Yeah bro, i feel you. At least on F1 2020 i didnt have to win 91 races on public lobbys with garbage ass drivers trying to fuck me on my first turn, it is literally unplayable, i felt like punching those dudes seriusly

Ever since i got rid of the game a while back ive been thinking loads of times to get it back but then i remember the idiots on it and the trophies suck ass

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you, man. Though I must say that as soon as you get past the bad sportmanship lobbies, the racing becomes much better, much cleaner and enjoyable overall. I am now C/S and I have lots of fun racing online, but it's true that I always try to qualify at the front of the pack and that gives you less trouble, so I'd recommend to have some clean races, even if that means losing positions, and you'll get to better lobbies.

 

One more thing to note is that there's a hidden score regarding sportmanship (you can see it on kudosprime) for which sportmanship is rated in a 0-100 scale of Manner Points. S goes from 80 to 100, but I've seen there is an important difference from low S to high S, so keep that in mind. The game matches you firstly around your SR and then your DR, so if you're a fairly clean racer you should get people alike.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrediPy_ said:

I feel you, man. Though I must say that as soon as you get past the bad sportmanship lobbies, the racing becomes much better, much cleaner and enjoyable overall. I am now C/S and I have lots of fun racing online, but it's true that I always try to qualify at the front of the pack and that gives you less trouble, so I'd recommend to have some clean races, even if that means losing positions, and you'll get to better lobbies.

 

One more thing to note is that there's a hidden score regarding sportmanship (you can see it on kudosprime) for which sportmanship is rated in a 0-100 scale of Manner Points. S goes from 80 to 100, but I've seen there is an important difference from low S to high S, so keep that in mind. The game matches you firstly around your SR and then your DR, so if you're a fairly clean racer you should get people alike.

yeah, but like i said, those lobbies the skill gap is much higuer and at this point , 4 years after release it is really tough to win, not impossible, but i just dont feel like stressing over this. I did this thread cuz i was really angry yesterday, i hate unfair bs on games, i dont understand why people do this shit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your frustration very well, I bought this game two months after the launch and I even played the daily races (before it was weekly), it was a headache after another. And combined with a boring game, little content and novelty made me move away from the game.

 

Last year in the quarantine times, a friend of mine gave me the tips to try to pass with less effort, and as it is to imagine the classification of the pilot and sports car it doesn't matter because there will always be a dirty driver. And also pilots with A/S and S/S ranking are very experienced and many play for real competitive, then it is difficult to compete.
The secret is to participate in races A, as they are usually single brand races, with cars selected from the game itself, then what counts will be the driver's skill, in addition to the fact that the more experienced ones play little in this mode. Using manual transmission is essential when taking a turn. Stay at least 1 hour trying to make the best time. Between leaps and bounds, I got the poles and victories trophy with 148 races completed, for the 322 races I was playing without worry. Maybe it is luck in the times I played because the vast majority of races I did I was barely involved in an accident.

 

Now for the GT7, I don’t care if I see difficult trophies like that, as long as it’s like before and with new cars like McLaren Senna for example, that I’m going to play with great pleasure. Unfortunately GT Sport was a disappointment, thankfully it had Project Cars 2 and The Crew 2 to save the racing games.

Edited by LucasDragon570
error of digit
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LucasDragon570 said:

I understand your frustration very well, I bought this game two months after the launch and I even played the daily races (before it was weekly), it was a headache after another. And combined with a boring game, little content and novelty made me move away from the game.

 

Last year in the quarantine times, a friend of mine gave me the tips to try to pass with less effort, and as it is to imagine the classification of the pilot and sports car it doesn't matter because there will always be a dirty driver. And also pilots with A/S and S/S ranking are very experienced and many play for real competitive, then it is difficult to compete.
The secret is to participate in races A, as they are usually single brand races, with cars selected from the game itself, then what counts will be the driver's skill, in addition to the fact that the more experienced ones play little in this mode. Using manual transmission is essential when taking a turn. Stay at least 1 hour trying to make the best time. Between leaps and bounds, I got the poles and victories trophy with 148 races completed, for the 322 races I was playing without worry. Maybe it is luck in the times I played because the vast majority of races I did I was barely involved in an accident.

 

Now for the GT7, I don’t care if I see difficult trophies like that, as long as it’s like before and with new cars like McLaren Senna for example, that I’m going to play with great pleasure. Unfortunately GT Sport was a disappointment, thankfully it had Project Cars 2 and The Crew 2 to save the racing games.

Nao mano, vsf esse lixo ai, larguei mao mesmo, fui ajudar um amigo e nao da, e muita raiva mesmo. So tem noob fdp nesse jogo freiando tarde em cima de voce e te mandando pra fora de proposito, ai voce tem que esperar 15 min de novo pra correr, slc , to suave

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: Just got the plat guys, top 10 fastest users to get the plat, i am so proud of this. I tried again and i just got lucky with easy tracks and i got good at the game after some days and i managed to get 91 wins in 5 days. No need for manual transmission, just keep trying and improving and you will get it. I still get mad remembering these stupid drivers, but it is possible. Finally donee

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Edit: Just got the plat guys, top 10 fastest users to get the plat, i am so proud of this. I tried again and i just got lucky with easy tracks and i got good at the game after some days and i managed to get 91 wins in 5 days. No need for manual transmission, just keep trying and improving and you will get it. I still get mad remembering these stupid drivers, but it is possible. Finally donee


Fantastic work! I knew you could do it. 😀 You've now got all 3 Gran Turismo plats, that's awesome! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.