This is unplayable

bdias10

I do agree that the online part, especially the sports mode daily races are pretty much bad, but aren't impossible.

With some practice it is more than doable. You just have to practice and choose to do races with a decent track/car selection.

I managed to get 40 wins just in the past 2 weeks. You can do it as well, as long as you stay committed to it.

Last week Race A for example was a match made in heaven, but this week's Race A with the TVR is pure garbage, thus I would recommend Race B.

I would skip Race C every time, unless you're feeling comfortable with them. I myself aren't very experienced with the game and don't trust my skills to compete there. I'm just an average driver but manage to get poles every once in a while, if I take the time to grind my qualification time as much as possible.

Patience and perseverance is the key to success here. I'm done with the poles and only need 27 more wins to get the 91 victory trophies, and by I get those, I'm going to be done with the 322 one as well, being at 282 right now. The level 50 trophy is almost done as well so the platinum is near the corner.

Just don't give up and try out all the races, because maybe you'll have some better luck in the others or if no luck this week, you can always try you're luck on next week. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AttilaThe13th said:

I do agree that the online part, especially the sports mode daily races are pretty much bad, but aren't impossible.

With some practice it is more than doable. You just have to practice and choose to do races with a decent track/car selection.

I managed to get 40 wins just in the past 2 weeks. You can do it as well, as long as you stay committed to it.

I have set my goals to try to get at least 1 win a day. That way, I will hopefully get the 91 wins in 2-3 months time. I doubt Polyphony will patch the penalty system with GT Sport with GT 7 about to be released next month. I hope Polyphony doesn't make the same mistake with the penalty system in GT 7. I can't wait to put this game to rest and never touch it again.

Update - I just got disconnected from the network in the lobby at 4 PM EST right now when I placed first in a pole position. Now I got to wait another 15 minutes to start and I just got screwed out of a pole position which I should have been rewarded. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, x7251 said:

I have set my goals to try to get at least 1 win a day. That way, I will hopefully get the 91 wins in 2-3 months time. I doubt Polyphony will patch the penalty system with GT Sport with GT 7 about to be released next month. I hope Polyphony doesn't make the same mistake with the penalty system in GT 7. I can't wait to put this game to rest and never touch it again.

I did the same thing in the beginning, up until I could effectively win 5 to 10 wins a day, depending on the time I had to play. When I hit my limit and was matched with hardcore players, I just reset my DR by finishing on the last place or as far back as possible. It's a chore but it's very effective.
And yes, don't even mention the fucked up penalty system and not to mention the ghosting system, which is bugged as well...Every time a jerk bonks you or slides into you and you slide out the track they get away without punishment, but if you even dare to try and punish them back, the penalty system works just fin on you, but not on them....same with the ghosting....if they slide out in a curve and hit you, they smack you out, but if you do the exact same thing, you get ghosted and slide through them and get off track or hit a wall and lose positions....

Totally unfair if you try your best and be clean and respectful to others, when these kind of jerks come and just ruin all of your fun....

But not for long anymore, because in 24 wins I'm done with the most annoying trophy, the 91 wins, and from than on, the platinum is a cakewalk. :D

11 hours ago, x7251 said:

You don't want to limit yourself to just 1 win a day, you want to get as many wins as you can in any given week. If you were to spread it out more that's more perfect qualifying times you would need to get. I'm on 71 wins so far across only 4 different weeks worth of tracks, and the best tip is: keep doing qualifying lap for about 4 hours or so until you have nailed every corner to the millisecond. Poles (apart from the trophy) aren't important to win races, I've won a couple races from 4th and 5th before, you've just got to be careful and always take each corner in the race from the inside.

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, willmill97 said:

You don't want to limit yourself to just 1 win a day, you want to get as many wins as you can in any given week. If you were to spread it out more that's more perfect qualifying times you would need to get. I'm on 71 wins so far across only 4 different weeks worth of tracks, and the best tip is: keep doing qualifying lap for about 4 hours or so until you have nailed every corner to the millisecond. Poles (apart from the trophy) aren't important to win races, I've won a couple races from 4th and 5th before, you've just got to be careful and always take each corner in the race from the inside.

I somehow managed to get 4 wins yesterday. I still only got 24 wins so it's still going to be a long grind for me. Hopefully I can get 4-5 wins everyday, but it all depends on what track Polyphony puts out weekly. I didn't like last week's class A race KYOTO DRIVING PARK - MIYABI so I didn't get a single win on that track last week. One of the biggest problems in getting the 91 wins, is that the GT Sport community is full of hardcore players, and not many new players now. I always see the same people in the lobbies. I think the 91 wins would have been so much easier had I tried to get the trophy in 2017-2018, when the game still had plenty of casual players playing the online. I don't think Polyphony is going to keep GT Sport's servers up much longer, so it was now or never for me now to try to get the platinum. I only started playing last month, earning my first GT Sport trophy on 1/12/2022. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, x7251 said:

I somehow managed to get 4 wins yesterday. I still only got 24 wins so it's still going to be a long grind for me. Hopefully I can get 4-5 wins everyday, but it all depends on what track Polyphony puts out weekly. I didn't like last week's class A race KYOTO DRIVING PARK - MIYABI so I didn't get a single win on that track last week. One of the biggest problems in getting the 91 wins, is that the GT Sport community is full of hardcore players, and not many new players now. I always see the same people in the lobbies. I think the 91 wins would have been so much easier had I tried to get the trophy in 2017-2018, when the game still had plenty of casual players playing the online. I don't think Polyphony is going to keep GT Sport's servers up much longer, so it was now or never for me now to try to get the platinum. I only started playing last month, earning my first GT Sport trophy on 1/12/2022. 

Compared yo you, last week's A race was one of my favorites. I managed to get 40 wins and could've get even more if I wouldn't have been a lazy ass and do the races the entire week, but I was lazy to do them after work, so I spent all my weekend playing on and off. Had a lot of fun as well.

Don't know about the US servers, but here in the EU there are plenty of new and casual players in the matchups. They key is, if you want to bang those wins and aren't skilled enough to race with the higher ups in B and onwards, just tank your DR to middle to low D and you'll get in the top of the pack most of the time. That's what I did, when the game started to match me up with A's and A+ players. I almost didn't have a chance, so I purposefully stopped on the last lap and finished in the last or closest to last I could without the game kicking me out of inactivity.

My strategy is to go until I can win, and as soon as the other players get so good that I don't have a chance, just lose without a fight. Mainly this happens after I win like 5-6 times in a row, after that I lose 2-3 times and repeat. Like this I always got 10+ wins a day comfortably.

This is my advice, but you can do it however you like to play. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AttilaThe13th said:

Compared yo you, last week's A race was one of my favorites. I managed to get 40 wins and could've get even more if I wouldn't have been a lazy ass and do the races the entire week, but I was lazy to do them after work, so I spent all my weekend playing on and off. Had a lot of fun as well.

Don't know about the US servers, but here in the EU there are plenty of new and casual players in the matchups. They key is, if you want to bang those wins and aren't skilled enough to race with the higher ups in B and onwards, just tank your DR to middle to low D and you'll get in the top of the pack most of the time. That's what I did, when the game started to match me up with A's and A+ players. I almost didn't have a chance, so I purposefully stopped on the last lap and finished in the last or closest to last I could without the game kicking me out of inactivity.

My strategy is to go until I can win, and as soon as the other players get so good that I don't have a chance, just lose without a fight. Mainly this happens after I win like 5-6 times in a row, after that I lose 2-3 times and repeat. Like this I always got 10+ wins a day comfortably.

This is my advice, but you can do it however you like to play. :)

I personally liked this week's map Autodrome Lago Maggiore West II compared to Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi. For me there was a lot less ramming and bumping on the Autodrome map then there was on the Kyoto map. Tanking your DR doesn't really help all the much in the North American version as the servers still put you with mix of A, B and C players most of the time, even if your ranked D. I have gotten 14 wins over the past 2 days moving my win total up from 24 to 38. Friday and Saturday evenings seem to have more casual players playing GT Sport making it a little more easier.

After researching the player base of the different regions, I found out that the European region has way more players nearly 3x than the North American region. As I currently write this Autodrome Lago Maggiore West II class A race has had 18,677 players qualify for time on the European leaderboard compared to 6,627 players on the North American time leaderboard.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=26318&start=6500

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=26321&start=18500

Sometimes I do get lucky though, and very rarely do I get paired with new inexperienced players like I did with this race.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/02/2022 at 3:35 AM, x7251 said:

I personally liked this week's map Autodrome Lago Maggiore West II compared to Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi. For me there was a lot less ramming and bumping on the Autodrome map then there was on the Kyoto map. Tanking your DR doesn't really help all the much in the North American version as the servers still put you with mix of A, B and C players most of the time, even if your ranked D. I have gotten 14 wins over the past 2 days moving my win total up from 24 to 38. Friday and Saturday evenings seem to have more casual players playing GT Sport making it a little more easier.

After researching the player base of the different regions, I found out that the European region has way more players nearly 3x than the North American region. As I currently write this Autodrome Lago Maggiore West II class A race has had 18,677 players qualify for time on the European leaderboard compared to 6,627 players on the North American time leaderboard.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=26318&start=6500

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=26321&start=18500

Sometimes I do get lucky though, and very rarely do I get paired with new inexperienced players like I did with this race.

Big tip , to get more of these players more often the later you play on the night like to 2 am -6am you will get a looot of players like that. I got most of my wins during that time, not sure how it is now, but last year was

3 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Big tip , to get more of these players more often the later you play on the night like to 2 am -6am you will get a looot of players like that. I got most of my wins during that time, not sure how it is now, but last year was

This really only depends on your region you're playing.

I'm in the EU region, in GMT+2 and for me, the ideal timeframe is from 5PM to 10PM. But can vary a lot depending on the weekly courses and if there are holidays or the like.

All in all it's random, because I had decent races during the night and in the morning as well.

But as you said, you'll get more lucky, the later or earlier you play the game. :)

I am glad, that its over.

There are too many ppl who can not drive, but they know every thing, that can destroy your race and make you angry.

One of these things is, that they break right in front of you, to slow you down, especially in front of the penalty zone, if they have a 0.5 penalty.

So in the end you have the same speed and cannot overtake.

Hopefully there will be a better system in GT7, but in the end it doesnt matter, because there are no trophies like in GT Sport.

1 hour ago, Fanatico1981 said:

I am glad, that its over.

There are too many ppl who can not drive, but they know every thing, that can destroy your race and make you angry.

One of these things is, that they break right in front of you, to slow you down, especially in front of the penalty zone, if they have a 0.5 penalty.

So in the end you have the same speed and cannot overtake.

Hopefully there will be a better system in GT7, but in the end it doesnt matter, because there are no trophies like in GT Sport.

Yeah man,i was super pissed when i made this THREAD hahaha, i was trying to get wins on my alt and i just could not because of that. Luckily i had a awesome luck and got a great car and track for next reset and manage to get 91 wins in 5 days, but tbh they did a terrible job punishing the dirty racers and the penalty system absolutely SUCKS!! Like wtf is that?

Can confirm - still a toxic multiplayer. I’ve gone back to Sport mode now GT7 is out hoping for the lobbies to be quieter and I can get the trophies without too much stress. I just took part in a daily race, qualified 4th and managed to take the lead on the second lap. Then every corner after I took the lead I was rammed until I eventually end up off the circuit - and I got a penalty for track limits! Ridiculous. Honestly just will have to put up with it until I get the Sport trophies or the servers close whichever come soonest. Rant over. 

16 minutes ago, v_IcEZz said:

Can confirm - still a toxic multiplayer. I’ve gone back to Sport mode now GT7 is out hoping for the lobbies to be quieter and I can get the trophies without too much stress. I just took part in a daily race, qualified 4th and managed to take the lead on the second lap. Then every corner after I took the lead I was rammed until I eventually end up off the circuit - and I got a penalty for track limits! Ridiculous. Honestly just will have to put up with it until I get the Sport trophies or the servers close whichever come soonest. Rant over. 

Get used bro, it sucks but thats how it is, people suck on that game

The servers are quite garbage today. I legit tried to pull it off as much I can, managed to get 2 poles and almost 2 wins but the fucking servers just casually kicked me out and neither of those hard earned feats counted for trophies. I'm starting to understand the game mechanics (pun intended) and now this horseshit happens... Like the servers are becoming awful for potential closure, or is simply me? My connection isn't the best in my country but at least on my home have a solid 40 Mbps speed and tried with other devices and this isn't in my end. Really frustrating and is causing me headaches now... Ahhhhh!

I finally got the 91 wins done last night. I really like this week's map Red Bull Ring Short Track for class A. I got 6 wins from the track yesterday. Many people don't know what the tracks limits of this track are, and often get many penalities, making it easier to get wins. I recommend people still trying to get the 91 wins trophy to take advantage of this week's great map, and try to get as many wins as you can from this track this week. Just be sure to drive carefully, and avoid penalties. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

Congrats! :)

I myself got a lot of wins on this map earlier this year, when it was with the X-Bow. Enjoyed it a bunch!

Trying this again now to get my last 20 wins and may get a shot at the Race B which is Blue Moon, on which I have a ton of experience from grinding for the level 50 trophy. Let's see how it goes with actual real people. :P

3 hours ago, UserNameButcher said:

Congrats @x7251

And @AttilaThe13th you definitely should going for the wins, both maps are good this week, i'm killing myself to get these done. I got lucky :) but still a lot of rammers, still a nightmare but i hope that i'll manage to get my wins until Sunday and i hope that you get yours 20 wins as well.

Thanks,

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Getting really close day by day.

Good luck to you too! :)

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

When it comes to getting rammed off the track by other drivers, my main advice for getting 91 wins is:

If you can't beat them, join them. It's a dog eat dog world they all say, have you made your kill today?

Oh, for sure! I've been doing that since the start! I'm trying my best to be as clean as possible, to not ruin other drivers race and have some fun myself, but every now and then, when an asshole comes and just rams and drives me off the track, which makes me to just lose it...because of this I lose my chance of victory most of the time, so I do my best to make that asshole's life a misery and just make sure that he doesn't win either, just because he was an ass...I hate players like this and try to avoid them, but if he rams me on purpose I'll ram him back even harder for sure. :P

On 2/3/2021 at 0:53 AM, bdias10 said:

I am sorry , but i have to vent. This online mode is pure garbage, i cant even complete a single race without some dirty garbage loser ramming me out of the track every single time. I raced 15 times and got pole position 3 times, 3 times got second place on the grid and the other ones were 4th, only 2 races were fair and of course i placed 2th , but i wasnt mad at all because it was my fault and the guy was better. Other than that it was just a frustrating experience and i rather doing GT5 all over again than this shit. Also the penalty system is a pure joke and unfair as fk. Really, what a frustrating experience is . I hate those dirty loser drivers

I had a similar experience last week, I drove 2500 miles around Blue Moon Bay only taking the pole three times but ending up in top five for at least 50 races. Finally won my first two races last night but it basically took me all week of trying. I really hope the servers won't be going down soon.

The good news is they don't actually know how to race--if they swerve to hit you they are throwing away precious milliseconds from catching up to the lead. They go into corners too aggressive and so when I'm accelerating out at full speed they haven't even touched the throttle because they're in a controlled slide toward the wall. Not a whole lot we can do but sit down and race over and over and get wins eventually.

Edited by Overlord_644

6 hours ago, Overlord_644 said:

I had a similar experience last week, I drove 2500 miles around Blue Moon Bay only taking the pole three times but ending up in top five for at least 50 races. Finally won my first two races last night but it basically took me all week of trying. I really hope the servers won't be going down soon.

The good news is they don't actually know how to race--if they swerve to hit you they are throwing away precious milliseconds from catching up to the lead. They go into corners too aggressive and so when I'm accelerating out at full speed they haven't even touched the throttle because they're in a controlled slide toward the wall. Not a whole lot we can do but sit down and race over and over and get wins eventually.

You can do it, like i said to my friend if you can win 1 you can win 91, make sure you stay tunned every week so when you get an easy track you farm lots of wins, i managed to win 91 in 5 days like that

• Like 1