Challenge Accepted

JagKenobi

3 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

Awesome! Now if only I could find out how to unlock Challenges, haha. This game has changed so much I don't trust anything I'm reading in online guides.

Most of the main vendors have Challenges that require you to complete bounties for them. In the Tower, you can find the following Challenges from the vendors:

• Zavala: Complete Vanguard bounties
  • Shaxx: Complete Crucible bounties
  • Banshee-44: Complete Gunsmith bounties
  • Hawthorne: Complete clan bounties and earn clan XP
  • The Drifter: Complete Gambit bounties

Some vendors will cycle in and out of offering bounties for you to complete for Challenges. Make sure you look at the map of the Tower to see who is offering a reward for completing one of their Challenges.

There are also a few Challenges (gold icons) that can be seen when looking at the Director:

• Vanguard: Complete Strikes, Nightfall, and Nightfall high scores
  • Gambit: Complete Gambit matches
  • Crucible: Complete Crucible Core matches and Crucible Rotator matches
  • Flashpoint: Complete activities at the destination

Also, there are also Challenges for various raids and other end-game activities like dungeons.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2021 at 2:56 PM, KenobiEagle said:

I don't think I'm far enough in the game's content for many of these to have been unlocked. But thank you nonetheless for spelling all this out for me so I know what to lookout for.

You need to hit a certain light level each season for the weeklies to show up. This season it was 1100. Season changes on Tuesday though so it will probably be 50-100 light levels above the starting light level

• 3 weeks later...

I reached out to Bungie via their Forums. Only information I've gotten from them so far is that perhaps not all weekly challenges count towards the trophy (yay). When/if they respond further, I'll be sure to reply here again. Knowing this info will definitely help other current and future Destiny 2 players!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My understanding is that it must be the weekly challenges with yellow highlight, not weekly bounties/challenges from vendors. So for instance, every week, there is a weekly challenge to clear the dungeon Prophecy at the Tower, which IMO, although tough, is really good since you get pinnacle gear for clearing a dungeon on normal difficulty. 30 of those and it'll pop. However, this is based on various reddit forums and only thing I can confirm is that seasonal challenges do not count.

But would be great if we can confirm what works for 2021 players. I'm manually tracking these weekly challenges and should know in 2-3 more weeks if that's true. To be continued... unless someone figures it out beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm it is in fact, the weekly challenges with yellow highlights. Mine popped yesterday after completing the 2nd weekly for battlegrounds (6 matches). That also answers any question of whether a multiple weekly challenges regarding the same event count as 1 separately or stack together. So for example, the battlegrounds weekly challenge this season has a weekly for completing 3, 6 and 9 games. Each completion counts towards the trophy, meaning you get 3 weekly challenges for doing the same task.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:13 AM, maydayofhighbury said:

I tried the prophecy thing and it was really complicated lol. Mind if I tag along next time you are going for it?

As long as you're 1250 power, tag along! Though tbh, you want to save pinnacle reward challenges for when you hit 1300 because that's the only way you can reach pinnacle cap of 1310. Every bit counts if you still need the grandmaster trophy!