iliya0212

Solo Co-Op on two consoles?

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

 

Since the game is currently on sale I was thinking about picking it up (bundle with Little Hope). I know it is not the greatest game, but since I like story driven and horror games I thought I might as well try it out.

The thing is my friends are not really into these types of games, but luckily I have two consoles. So I am curious, is it possible to do the co-op playthrough by playing two consoles at the same time?

Or both players must be actively playing simultaneously, like A Way Out, which is almost impossible to do solo because of fast pace parts?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both players are given specific characters to play and, whether they're together or separated from one another, both players must be actively playing at the same time.

There are some sections where one character might be running after another character (e.g. Fliss and Conrad in Man of Medan), so you'll be doing QTEs for both characters at the same time if you play "solo co-op."

My advice would be to put a boosting session out there and see if anyone's up for joining you.

NOTE: You only need to do a co-op run for Man of Medan for a trophy. You can complete Little Hope entirely solo. There's trophies for Movie Night, but it's couch co-op and players take turns to play so you can easily do that on your own.

Have fun and good luck!

Edited by Desmuria
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desmuria said:

Both players are given specific characters to play and, whether they're together or separated from one another, both players must be actively playing at the same time.

There are some sections where one character might be running after another character (e.g. Fliss and Conrad in Man of Medan), so you'll be doing QTEs for both characters at the same time if you play "solo co-op."

My advice would be to put a boosting session out there and see if anyone's up for joining you.

NOTE: You only need to do a co-op run for Man of Medan for a trophy. You can complete Little Hope entirely solo. There's trophies for Movie Night, but it's couch co-op and players take turns to play so you can easily do that on your own.

Have fun and good luck!

 

Thank you for the info!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I wanted to say, that I got the coop trophy alone by using two consoles, my main account and a sub accounts, which I bought ps plus for a single month. Also I hooked the second console to another monitor.


It is absolutly possible to get the trophy alone, but only if you dont care about the choices you make during that run.

Because juggling two controllers and two monitors at the same time is tricky if you want do make very specific choices.

Otherwise no problem. If you control two charaters at the same time, just ignore on of them, once you trigger a cutscene the second character is moved automatically to the position of the first one.

The trophy popped without problems for both accounts at the end of the run. No server problems. Took me roughly 3 hours.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Hi, I wanted to say, that I got the coop trophy alone by using two consoles, my main account and a sub accounts, which I bought ps plus for a single month. Also I hooked the second console to another monitor.


It is absolutly possible to get the trophy alone, but only if you dont care about the choices you make during that run.

Because juggling two controllers and two monitors at the same time is tricky if you want do make very specific choices.

Otherwise no problem. If you control two charaters at the same time, just ignore on of them, once you trigger a cutscene the second character is moved automatically to the position of the first one.

The trophy popped without problems for both accounts at the end of the run. No server problems. Took me roughly 3 hours.

 

Oh, nice! This might make my life a bit easier, good to hear it's actually possible. Thank you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm. I went hearts only on both consoles and ignored all qte on both. At the end I got hearts trophy so it is completely possible in coop. Also playing like this only Brad survived and others died in different places. It took me 4 full episodes of season 6 Vikings :)

game lost connection to servers and crashed only once at the very end of the game in Olson chapter. Just booted it back without any issues. 
this is actually the way i recommend if you have 2 ps4 consoles. Nothing is difficult at all. Just completely ignore second console unless he is doing a choice. Then quickly grab second controller, make a choice and put it back. And ignore all qte. 
also, you don’t need to buy ps plus on second account. Just activate your main account with plus on second console and be online with your main account on the first. This is doable with only one ps plus subscription. 
I have special gaming room in my house with 3 ps4, 3 ps3, xbox, switch and multiple tvs. So It was easy for me to play 2 consoles and watch movies at the same time. This was a boosting cave from old glory days of Uncharted boosting when I hooked up 3 consoles with split screen which led to 6 active accounts. But this is another story. 

Edited by vanslayder
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vanslayder said:

I can confirm. I went hearts only on both consoles and ignored all qte on both. At the end I got hearts trophy so it is completely possible in coop. Also playing like this only Brad survived and others died in different places. It took me 4 full episodes of season 6 Vikings :)

game lost connection to servers and crashed only once at the very end of the game in Olson chapter. Just booted it back without any issues. 
this is actually the way i recommend if you have 2 ps4 consoles. Nothing is difficult at all. Just completely ignore second console unless he is doing a choice. Then quickly grab second controller, make a choice and put it back. And ignore all qte. 
also, you don’t need to buy ps plus on second account. Just activate your main account with plus on second console and be online with your main account on the first. This is doable with only one ps plus subscription. 
I have special gaming room in my house with 3 ps4, 3 ps3, xbox, switch and multiple tvs. So It was easy for me to play 2 consoles and watch movies at the same time. This was a boosting cave from old glory days of Uncharted boosting when I hooked up 3 consoles with split screen which led to 6 active accounts. But this is another story. 

 

Oh dang, might end up doing that. Currently working on other games and waiting for a friend to buy the game. Already finished Little Hope, was decent experience, so if he bails on this might do it your way.

 

Thanks for a detailed answer!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.3.2021 at 11:06 PM, vanslayder said:

I can confirm. I went hearts only on both consoles and ignored all qte on both. At the end I got hearts trophy so it is completely possible in coop. Also playing like this only Brad survived and others died in different places. It took me 4 full episodes of season 6 Vikings :)

game lost connection to servers and crashed only once at the very end of the game in Olson chapter. Just booted it back without any issues. 
this is actually the way i recommend if you have 2 ps4 consoles. Nothing is difficult at all. Just completely ignore second console unless he is doing a choice. Then quickly grab second controller, make a choice and put it back. And ignore all qte. 
also, you don’t need to buy ps plus on second account. Just activate your main account with plus on second console and be online with your main account on the first. This is doable with only one ps plus subscription. 
I have special gaming room in my house with 3 ps4, 3 ps3, xbox, switch and multiple tvs. So It was easy for me to play 2 consoles and watch movies at the same time. This was a boosting cave from old glory days of Uncharted boosting when I hooked up 3 consoles with split screen which led to 6 active accounts. But this is another story. 

Okay, but how do i invite my 2nd account to play the game together with my main account? I can't friend my own account on the other console. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRWTapio said:

Okay, but how do i invite my 2nd account to play the game together with my main account? I can't friend my own account on the other console. 

My brother has an child account under my main account and we are friends on PSN. I have his PS4 setup as my primary PS4. Playing on my PS4 I started up Man of Medan, went to coop and was prompted to invite a friend. Then I accepted the invite on his PS4. 

 

I highly recommend doing this in one go as the first time I attempted this solo I made it to the Glamor Girl chapter and tried finishing it a few days later. Despite my coop save saying I was on that chapter it started me on the freaking Prolouge chapter all over again!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

My brother has an child account under my main account and we are friends on PSN. I have his PS4 setup as my primary PS4. Playing on my PS4 I started up Man of Medan, went to coop and was prompted to invite a friend. Then I accepted the invite on his PS4. 

 

I highly recommend doing this in one go as the first time I attempted this solo I made it to the Glamor Girl chapter and tried finishing it a few days later. Despite my coop save saying I was on that chapter it started me on the freaking Prolouge chapter all over again!

So basically, i need to create a new account with new e-mail adress, name, date of birth and so on, friend this account and invite it as a host? 

 

Well yeah, definetely in one go, hopefully there won't be any hard crashes during that coop playthrough, did you have any?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BRWTapio said:

So basically, i need to create a new account with new e-mail adress, name, date of birth and so on, friend this account and invite it as a host? 

 

Well yeah, definetely in one go, hopefully there won't be any hard crashes during that coop playthrough, did you have any?

I have never made a second/ dummy account personally but I believe that is all that is needed. To my knowledge, the key identifier for a PSN account is the email address so you should be able to reuse all of your other information still.

 

I had one disconnect on my first attempt but was able to resume where I left off, which is weird considering what happened a few days later when it basically started a new game. The disconnect was due to limited bandwidth on the hotspot I was using I believe,  so my interest was the problem nit the game. 

 

P.S. If you have not gotten it already I'd go for all Hearts and killing everyone as by yourself it will be very difficult to keep everyone alive. For example in Glamor Girl either Conrad or Fliss will die if they both are not being controlled actively. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.3.2021 at 11:06 PM, vanslayder said:

I can confirm. I went hearts only on both consoles and ignored all qte on both. At the end I got hearts trophy so it is completely possible in coop. Also playing like this only Brad survived and others died in different places. It took me 4 full episodes of season 6 Vikings :)

game lost connection to servers and crashed only once at the very end of the game in Olson chapter. Just booted it back without any issues. 
this is actually the way i recommend if you have 2 ps4 consoles. Nothing is difficult at all. Just completely ignore second console unless he is doing a choice. Then quickly grab second controller, make a choice and put it back. And ignore all qte. 
also, you don’t need to buy ps plus on second account. Just activate your main account with plus on second console and be online with your main account on the first. This is doable with only one ps plus subscription. 
I have special gaming room in my house with 3 ps4, 3 ps3, xbox, switch and multiple tvs. So It was easy for me to play 2 consoles and watch movies at the same time. This was a boosting cave from old glory days of Uncharted boosting when I hooked up 3 consoles with split screen which led to 6 active accounts. But this is another story. 

Don't flex so hard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have never made a second/ dummy account personally but I believe that is all that is needed. To my knowledge, the key identifier for a PSN account is the email address so you should be able to reuse all of your other information still.

 

I had one disconnect on my first attempt but was able to resume where I left off, which is weird considering what happened a few days later when it basically started a new game. The disconnect was due to limited bandwidth on the hotspot I was using I believe,  so my interest was the problem nit the game. 

 

P.S. If you have not gotten it already I'd go for all Hearts and killing everyone as by yourself it will be very difficult to keep everyone alive. For example in Glamor Girl either Conrad or Fliss will die if they both are not being controlled actively. 

Thanks a lot, that's it then. Well actually, that's the only trophy i'm missing in that game, so shouldn't be too bad then ... xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus9112 said:

Is it possible to do the online co-op trophy using remote play with different account?

Can't say for sure as I have not really used remote play. However,  theoretically, if you can be signed in on your PS4 while also being signed in remotely to another account on your phone or what not, it should work. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay Guys, i can confirm this trophy actually works with only one PS Plus Account and two consoles.

 

Here's what i did: created a new Google Account and then created a new PSN Account using this new Google Mail Account. I signed in with the new PSN Account on an old PS4 after that (no PS Plus there) and started Man of Medan. 

 

Then i simply locked in to my normal PSN Account on PS5, sent a friend request to my new fake account, started Man of Medan on my PS5 and hosted my "new friend". 

 

And that's it. Hope that helps.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.