Ghost

RetroMania Wrestling

20 posts in this topic

Hadn't heard of this before now. As someone who has sunk a lot of time into the WWE games over the years (didn't get 2k20 - thank god), this and that AEW game coming at some point could scratch that itch.  Have to see how much it is when it comes to the store at the end of the month but it looks like the sort of thing me and my mates would play for a few hours before we'd watch the Rumble or WrestleMania. At least, when we could do that, before the world went crazy and lockdown/social distancing was a thing.

Genuinely surprised that WWE haven't done something like this in recent years. Seems like it would be an easy win for them after the 2k20 fiasco.
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Genuinely surprised that WWE haven't done something like this in recent years. Seems like it would be an easy win for them after the 2k20 fiasco.
 


They sort of did with the release if WWE Battlegrounds.  But I guess you would classify that as more Arcady than really Retro.  

 

WWE Battlegrounds reminded me a lot of what NBA Playgrounds was to NBA 2K.  An Arcady spin on it that entertaining enough but it was lacking in “fun” compared to something like NBA Jam.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djb5f said:


They sort of did with the release if WWE Battlegrounds.  But I guess you would classify that as more Arcady than really Retro.  

 

WWE Battlegrounds reminded me a lot of what NBA Playgrounds was to NBA 2K.  An Arcady spin on it that entertaining enough but it was lacking in “fun” compared to something like NBA Jam.


Battlegrounds struck me as a bit like All Stars, which people seemed to like. Might have stood a bit more of a chance had they not clogged it with micro-transactions. I remember when the first trailer got shown that it piqued my interest a bit it but then the news of that it had them in hit and I tapped out (wrestling pun intended). That and the promo image they used had The Rock and Stone Cold fighting with the former using fire and the latter lightning.

So the wrestler famous for raising hell was using lightning and the most electrifying man in sports entertainment was using fire. Seems such a no-brainer to do it the other way round that that's when I knew 2K was likely to screw the game up.

Anyways, back on topic for this game. Just checked their site and the FAQ and they've got the price listed as $29.99 for the basic digital version and then $34.99 for a digital plus. If conversation rates apply, that puts it at around £20/£25 (PS prices might not reflect that). £20 sounds fair enough but given there's no online play, it might be a title that I hold off on until people can meet up in person again. Devs seem keen to put more content after launch but only if the game has support so time will tell with it.

Definitely on my radar at least. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've been loosely following this for months now. There's actually quite a few Non-WWE wrestling games coming in the future (check out The Wrestling Code!). I stopped watching WWE back in 2019 and have become a full on AEW convert, so that's the game I'm really waiting on. But if this ends up being good, and easy to pick up (versus something like Fire Pro), then I might consider it when it goes on sale.  

Edited by Viper
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrestlefest is my favourite wrestling game ever so I hope this lives up to it. Wrestlefest is a bit like Streets Of Rage though, it's very hard to reproduce and improve on almost perfection.

 

The devs have a hell of a risk going into this, still it can't be any worse than the poor mobile version that was released some years ago. I'm sad that I grew up in the 90s and it seems from the off that there are only about 1 or 2 wrestlers that I have heard of.

 

Pausing at exactly 0:35 shows a 4vs4 which looks interesting.

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game I'm looking forward to getting is Retro Mania Wrestling. It supposed to be a sequel / follow-up to the 1990 arcade game WWF Wrestlefest. The digital release is supposed to be on February 26th & later on down the road, there's supposed to be a physical release.

 

Anyone else looking forward to it?

 

https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/

Edited by Bigbossman1202
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on with this game? First of all, it had months of delay before its PS4 release on April 30th (it was initially planned for February 26th), and then it was only released on the North American PSN store. Then it got a European PSN store release date of May 25th, but it's nowhere to be found still? No news, no info, nothing. It's really strange.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

What's going on with this game? First of all, it had months of delay before its PS4 release on April 30th (it was initially planned for February 26th), and then it was only released on the North American PSN store. Then it got a European PSN store release date of May 25th, but it's nowhere to be found still? No news, no info, nothing. It's really strange.

I'm wondering the same thing. Yesterday it was on the psn store when you searched for it but no option to buy but now its gone completely. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, guess it wasn't just me looking then and wondering where it was. lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Power_Granger said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Yesterday it was on the psn store when you searched for it but no option to buy but now its gone completely. 

Exactly, it's really weird. I can only see the game because I added it to my Wishlist. If I search for it, it's nowhere to be found. Awesome profile pic, btw! :D

 

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Oh, guess it wasn't just me looking then and wondering where it was. lol

Haha no, I've been checking it every day because the developers said they would try and push the European May 25th release date forward 😂 And here we are on May 26th... sigh...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2021 at 5:27 AM, enaysoft said:

Wrestlefest is my favourite wrestling game ever so I hope this lives up to it. Wrestlefest is a bit like Streets Of Rage though, it's very hard to reproduce and improve on almost perfection.

Looks fun, probably pick this up eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty fun for a supposed quick plat but some of the trophies are bugged in the fact that you have to do it more than the description requires. I have won at every arena multiple times and still haven't got it yet. I assume I will at some point. Just going back over and over until it pops. Lots have got it so I hope it will at some point lol. Also lots said the 5 time 5 time trophy is bugged as well. Still pretty fun and relatively quick so def worth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bombstriker said:

It's pretty fun for a supposed quick plat but some of the trophies are bugged in the fact that you have to do it more than the description requires. I have won at every arena multiple times and still haven't got it yet. I assume I will at some point. Just going back over and over until it pops. Lots have got it so I hope it will at some point lol. Also lots said the 5 time 5 time trophy is bugged as well. Still pretty fun and relatively quick so def worth.

The developer (Mike) is working on a fix.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bombstriker said:

It's pretty fun for a supposed quick plat but some of the trophies are bugged in the fact that you have to do it more than the description requires. I have won at every arena multiple times and still haven't got it yet. I assume I will at some point. Just going back over and over until it pops. Lots have got it so I hope it will at some point lol. Also lots said the 5 time 5 time trophy is bugged as well. Still pretty fun and relatively quick so def worth.

The Arena-trophy didn't bug on me, but the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time-trophy did. I had to complete 10 Pounds of Gold 6 times for it to unlock, so not too bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’ve currently beat 10 Pounds of Gold with: Tommy Dreamer, John Morrison, Zack Sabre Jr, Nikita Koloff, Nova, Warhorse & Brian Myers (that’s 7) and still no unlock. Also that’s 70 matches won not counting all of the other misc. matches I’ve won and I still don’t have the 50 matches unlocked. Those are the last two I need. Not really sure what I need to do. I’m going to keep going until I beat it with everyone and hopefully it unlocks. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Bombstriker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

UPDATE! Finally got the platinum. Been reading about doing it all in one sitting so toughed it out and got it done. Finished 10 Pounds of Gold with 10 different people lol. During the 9th run I got the 50 match wins aka close to 90 wins. So best I can advise it try it all in one run until it’s fixed. Good luck everyone.

Edited by Bombstriker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 5:23 AM, knoef_NL said:

The developer (Mike) is working on a fix.


Any update on whether this is fixed and the trophies now pop when they should?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.