I'd be so upset if this wasn't free on Plus

Spraragen88

7 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Big picture, I think "complimentary" games would be a better word to use.

EDIT: That being said, I agree with @Gewurzratte, unless he bought PS+ with the specific intention of getting the monthly games (which it doesn't sound like, it's just kind of an added bonus to the online multiplayer)... I think it fits the bill as "free".  Not a whole lot different than Fortnite being called free when you had to buy a Playstation to play it.

Well, Sony itself doesn’t use the term “free” when referring to Plus games either.

Just monthly games or games with Plus.

Still though, these games really are just a bonus. Most of us pay for it because of the multiplayer and cloud saves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Well, Sony itself doesn’t use the term “free” when referring to Plus games either.

Just monthly games or games with Plus.

Still though, these games really are just a bonus. Most of us pay for it because of the multiplayer and cloud saves.

I think it's going to come down to a personal interpretation of it.  It's technically not free by definition, since you have to pay for something to use it.  But that seems to be the case with other stuff that does get labelled as free.  Free games on a platform you can't use without buying the device, free DLC you can't use unless you buy the game, etc.  Saying one works and one doesn't for argument sake is kinda petty.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gewurzratte said:

iJwqgKs.jpeg

Right there in the store on PS5, "Free monthly games."

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ps-plus/

"Enhance your PlayStation experience with access to online multiplayer, monthly games, exclusive discount and more."

When they are trying to sell ps+ with it usually this means you are paying for it.

When they start ps+ service in 2010, online multiplayer was free and you were paying to have access to 2 games/month

Edited by Nieird
  • Like 2

Thread should be locked it turned into a totally different argument about PS Plus lolllll

As for the game, it sounds like OP is bad at the game and is angry about that.  PS Plus doesn't come with skill as part of the membership so you'll have to work on that l suppose.  Game is fun.  Do a tutorial or two and you can, you know, learn how to play.  

Also l spend 100+ dollars a year for Amazon Prime shipping, but l get Free Amazon Prime shipping with my orders.  Derp.

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Adding snarky comment at the end there
  • Like 2

The game is really fun/good. 16 Characters. The graphics are sharp as hell. You have 4 modes at launch. The trophies are fun and challenging as expected in a multiplayer game. It's a matter of practice. The team trophies you can get on Gridfall against the last player and believe me I've done both of them that way and it was really easy.

PlayStation Plus is a membership with great value and benefits. These games aren't free. We are paying for it. It was up to Ubi to put this new game in the subscription (to promote micro transactions). And like someone was saying, PS+ released back in the PS3 days and in those times you would subscribe just for the monthly games. 

• Like 1

Why some are so grumpy and negative about this amazing game because of hard trophies?! I think trophies are annoying but I love this game so much! I have alway love car wrecking games like Burnout, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Wreckfest, Blur and Split/Second! I having so much of fun with Destruction Allstars and I’m already at level 51.

I’m glad they changed they mind and made this game free for PS+ members.

Edited by Richtoon

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

Nothing is free in the literal meaning of the word free.

Also Iceland is pretty green and Greenland is pretty icy.

I could take it a step further and say you're paying for electricity to run the console and internet to see the PSN Store, but I'm not that crazy hahaha. But I think it's funny when people forget they're paying for PS+ to get access to games like this, then they say "it's a free game", it's far from it, this month you're basically paying £4 for the games that are offered if you buy a yearly subscription of PS+ at its intended price.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I could take it a step further and say you're paying for electricity to run the console and internet to see the PSN Store, but I'm not that crazy hahaha. But I think it's funny when people forget they're paying for PS+ to get access to games like this, then they say "it's a free game", it's far from it, this month you're basically paying £4 for the games that are offered if you buy a yearly subscription of PS+ at its intended price.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the way I think of it is I'm paying for PSN+ for specific services...and then I'm being given some other stuff I didn't specifically plan on getting, which I could construe as a 'freebie'.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gewurzratte said:

I'm so tired of people saying this.

No, I'm paying for PS Plus to have access to the online features of the console. I would be paying for PS Plus whether or not the game was free. Therefore, since I'm not paying for the game, it is a free game.

PS+ was originally a subscription service that gave you access to new games per month for the cost of the subscription which they then hid online play behind when the PS4 came out. Please don't excuse corporate greed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Well, that's just about the strangest online argument I've ever seen! Despite Gewurzratte being bizarrely over-emotional about such a non-issue, they are right. The games are free. Trust me, I've not been wrong in nearly 4 decades so I'm definitely right about this ;) .

I'm not being emotional about the PS Plus thing at all. I just hate when people are wrong and want to pretend that they aren't to the point of even contradicting themselves with their arguments.

• Like 1