I'd be so upset if this wasn't free on Plus

Spraragen88

if you take the free games out of the scenario and just look at ps plus, ps plus is paying for a subscription to play a game you already bought. its not even optional its mandatory pretty much lol. it should be called PS MINUS. 

also look how long ps3 was out without forcing people to pay for ps plus and they survived. why am i paying playstation for something i already pay my cable company for. they already make something like 5 BILLION dollars a year lol

thanks ps plus for your crap $5 games that have been out 2 years already that i'll never play

Edited by melodicmizery

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

Except for the fact that streaming services does exactly that too. Most subscription based networks add in shows and movies every month and you dont know what your gonna get. So I’m sorry that doesn’t really apply here. But I can see it’s view though. 

Yeah but if u are doubting to buy a month of Netflix, u wont buy it because they might add something during that month u will like. It's gonna come down to the service they already offer. But then again this is totally personal. With the games ps+ has offered lately I can imagine people buying it for the games but If u pay because u want to play games online the added games are free. 

• Like 1

This thread is gold. Humans never cease to amaze me.

When a person pays for a service of any kind, there will be benefits within that service one will value over others. Regardless of how worthless you perceive those benefits to be, the fact stands that if someone else decides to NOT pay for the service but WANTS the worthless benefit you got from paying for the service, then they will NOT receive the worthless benefits that YOU paid for.

Just because it is advertised that these Plus games are "free" does not mean it really is free. THAT is part of the illusion!! They WANT you to believe it is free so you can empty out your pockets and pay for a service which is not worth the price!!! There's a reason they tell you after redeeming the game to your library that you will be unable to play the game if you fail to renew your membership. 

However, I see how people fall into the illusion of "free benefits." We all value things differently. I personally value the games much more than online accessibility. In honesty, the online accessibility is not really something I care about, but that does not mean I am getting the online accessibility for free. It just so happens to come with what I am paying for. You can try and make the argument that it is free for me, but then I would just cancel my subscription so that it would not be free anymore. The true label to describe benefits that one values significantly less than whatever else one acquires from the paid service is "ACCESSIBLE." You paid for PS Plus only for online accessibility and do not care for the monthly games, but those games are accessible to you.

The titling of this thread is what is truly awful. I personally believe a better way to phrase the title while keeping what the OP is trying to say is "I'd be so upset if this wasn't available on PS Plus." That title solves the issue of calling a benefit of a paid service free, while also keeping what the OP is trying to say regarding the game relevant.

Now for the main topic which somehow became less relevant than the topic that came up. This game looks fun. It'll probably be the third game I play on the PS5 (first will be Astro's Playroom and second will be Bugsnax).

• Like 2

Oh man! This thread is pure perfection. I went to bed last night and there were two pages of this crap. Now there are five pages!! Keep it up! This is the funniest thread I've read for a long time. ???

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

how about this?:

Careful! Remember what happened the last few times we had votes in our country? Brexit, BoJo, Priti Patel. Mind you, Bill Bailey so I suppose sometimes votes can work! :) 

Edited by JoesusHCrust
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gewurzratte said:

Then why didn't the price go up when they went from giving up 2 PS4 games each month to 2 PS4 games and a PS5 game each month?

Okay? Do you have something to actually contribute or are you here to just be a twat?

It's a membership. Xbox Games Pass/PlayStation Now add more games every month and guess what the price stays the same (PS Now actually lowered.

And your point is invalid. Back when they were giving the 2 PS4 and PS3 and VITA games the price was the same. Then they decided to remove PS3 and Vita price stayed the same and now as it should with the PS5 game, which eventually will be two it will also stay the same. Sony needs to leave the price for this membership competitive. They already raised the prices of their exclusives, I don't think it's a smart choice to raise the price you pay for Plus. 

5 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

4 modes at launch is good for a multiplayer focused game?... I played for 2 hours and already felt like I experienced all it had to offer.

And it's ridiculous how the campaigns are locked behind paywalls. Sure you get one for "free" but they should really all be included for a "$70 game"

If the game was $70 yes the campaigns would have to be free. The game is currently in Plus at no extra cost and let's be real these campaigns cost £2, £3 each.

I love the game. I get you don't like the game as many others don't. Let's just agree that we have different taste. 

1 hour ago, PatinumNumemon said:

This thread is gold. Humans never cease to amaze me.

When a person pays for a service of any kind, there will be benefits within that service one will value over others. Regardless of how worthless you perceive those benefits to be, the fact stands that if someone else decides to NOT pay for the service but WANTS the worthless benefit you got from paying for the service, then they will NOT receive the worthless benefits that YOU paid for.

Just because it is advertised that these Plus games are "free" does not mean it really is free. THAT is part of the illusion!! They WANT you to believe it is free so you can empty out your pockets and pay for a service which is not worth the price!!! There's a reason they tell you after redeeming the game to your library that you will be unable to play the game if you fail to renew your membership. 

However, I see how people fall into the illusion of "free benefits." We all value things differently. I personally value the games much more than online accessibility. In honesty, the online accessibility is not really something I care about, but that does not mean I am getting the online accessibility for free. It just so happens to come with what I am paying for. You can try and make the argument that it is free for me, but then I would just cancel my subscription so that it would not be free anymore. The true label to describe benefits that one values significantly less than whatever else one acquires from the paid service is "ACCESSIBLE." You paid for PS Plus only for online accessibility and do not care for the monthly games, but those games are accessible to you.

The titling of this thread is what is truly awful. I personally believe a better way to phrase the title while keeping what the OP is trying to say is "I'd be so upset if this wasn't available on PS Plus." That title solves the issue of calling a benefit of a paid service free, while also keeping what the OP is trying to say regarding the game relevant.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction.  What you say is true, but there are other ways to spin the situation that are also true...

Maybe we all just need to agree to disagree, and agree that it's not really worth getting too fired up about.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

ps plus is like a abusive relationship

Not to single you out... but I don't think I can count on one hand anymore the number of times I've heard people compare gaming purchases to abusive relationships and even rape in the last few months.  Kinda makes me sick.  People need to take a step back, relax, and stop thinking so much about other people's gaming purchases.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, omnx-supak said:

It's a membership. Xbox Games Pass/PlayStation Now add more games every month and guess what the price stays the same (PS Now actually lowered.

And your point is invalid. Back when they were giving the 2 PS4 and PS3 and VITA games the price was the same. Then they decided to remove PS3 and Vita price stayed the same and now as it should with the PS5 game, which eventually will be two it will also stay the same. Sony needs to leave the price for this membership competitive. They already raised the prices of their exclusives, I don't think it's a smart choice to raise the price you pay for Plus. 

If the game was $70 yes the campaigns would have to be free. The game is currently in Plus at no extra cost and let's be real these campaigns cost £2, £3 each.

I love the game. I get you don't like the game as many others don't. Let's just agree that we have different taste. 

So when the game is off plus in 2 months and costs $70 you gonna keep defending it then? You can't just just disregard everything cause it's free now. They wanted to charge $70 for this barebones wreck.

6 hours ago, Kulzyc said:

This game is just like fall guys, only fun for a few days. It's going to be UR for sure.

Fall guys is way better than this. And Fall Guys was only $20 off plus and they are supported it with so much content. 

8 hours ago, Gewurzratte said:

Then why didn't the price go up when they went from giving up 2 PS4 games each month to 2 PS4 games and a PS5 game each month?

It's not as simple as that. You would have to look at the history of PS+. There was a time when we were offered 6 games (2 PS3, 2 Vita, 2 PS4) each month and then in March 2019 Sony reduced it to 2 crappy PS4 titles. We got less for the same price. It's not even about the amount of games, but the actual value of these games and if it's profitable for Sony. It's part of a business strategy, which we don't know much about, if anything really and that's a whole new topic, so I'm not gonna go deeper in that.

5 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

And I quote this from you:

You just don't like having your argument turned against you.” You said this on page 1 and said “Bye.”, we’re 4 pages later and you’re still crying like a little bitch.

Yes, its funny to me how 100% of the people on this thread proof otherwise vs your dumb argument and your head is still so deeply stuck in your own ass. Not a single person has agreed with you and you whine about it.

I mean, this shit is so retarded you must be trolling so congrats for achieving wasting people’s time including mine. Ciao, get a life.

What the fuck are you talking about? Multiple people have agreed with me.

Also, having multiple people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about doesn't mean they are right, it just means there are multiple incorrect people. If I go to a Flat Earth convention and tell them the Earth is round and they all disagree with me, it doesn't make them suddenly not idiots just because there are more of them...

Also, the only reason I'm still here is it keeps telling me when people quote me, so I come to check. Trust me, if there was a way to no longer get notified of when you post the mindless drivel that you call thoughts, I'd be doing that right away.

Edited by Gewurzratte

Let’s think of it this way. If you buy a game not on ps plus that’s £50 retail price then really with ps plus, if that same game makes it into the igc, every other game is pretty much free as you’re technically only paying the same amount for one physical copy and it’s only a one time purchase, unless you’re telling me that you’re paying £4.16 every month? To make up the £50 per year? 

In conclusion, once the £50 mark has been hit by whatever the games cost in stores, all games after that for the year are free. So for the next 10-11 months, you get free games

End of topic.

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Not to single you out... but I don't think I can count on one hand anymore the number of times I've heard people compare gaming purchases to abusive relationships and even rape in the last few months.  Kinda makes me sick.  People need to take a step back, relax, and stop thinking so much about other people's gaming purchases.

well most people who are in a abusive relationship dont even realize they are in one, until,....... they get their credit card statement and see ps plus on it ?