Is this any good?

2 hours ago, Ashande said:

It looks and feels like a late-era PS3 game, which is pretty disappointing for a PS5 title. The sound peaks a lot, causing quite a bit of scratchiness. The controls are a little wild, leaving you feeling like you’re giving Cahal suggestions on what to do rather than actually controlling it. Cahal’s hitbox feels like it’s much bigger than he is (especially during stealth sections in wolf form).

Overall, I’m not impressed. I was hoping for something much better, instead of a bad retread of the Wolverine game on PS3 with added stealth elements.

Honestly by watching gameplay online your description is exactly how it looked.  Thanks.  won't be buying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashande said:

It looks and feels like a late-era PS3 game, which is pretty disappointing for a PS5 title. The sound peaks a lot, causing quite a bit of scratchiness. The controls are a little wild, leaving you feeling like you’re giving Cahal suggestions on what to do rather than actually controlling it. Cahal’s hitbox feels like it’s much bigger than he is (especially during stealth sections in wolf form).

Overall, I’m not impressed. I was hoping for something much better, instead of a bad retread of the Wolverine game on PS3 with added stealth elements.

Feels worst than gears of war from 2006 or Uncharted 2 from 2009 or Motorstorm Pacific Rift from 2008, so its early or middle PS3 games ) late is Rage 1/ Uncharted 3/ Crysis 3 and more.

Edited by pavelbagirov

Oh man, this is such a horrible game. I enjoyed like the first 30 minutes thinking it was cool to execute people as a giant werewolf but the game just keeps throwing obstacles in the way to keep you from feeling powerful. Enemies become light attack sponges, normal humans should die in 1-2 swipes not take 10 to kill. The dodging is horrible, the permanent health loss sucks. This needed to be a lot more fun and a lot cheaper. $30 at most but I'd even tell people to wait for it to be $20. 

The gameplay is so bad, REALLY SMALL indoor areas, hallways where you take up 3/4 of the area, lame boss fights, the stealth is bland and the crossbow is stupid. It just doesn't work as an overall game. The audacity to charge $60 for this blows my mind. It's not a late era PS3 game, its more like an early era PS2 game. X-Squad comes to mind. 

• Like 1

I've seen some reviews of it. it's 1 part stealth game, each room consists of enemies you stealth kill til your found, then 1 part combat you wolf out and kill the rest however you see fit and then repeat in the next 60 rooms till it's over.

it's based off a universe that is quite rich in lore yet nothing comes of it.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

I just finished this game. I'd say avoid for a little while. I bet it will turn up on PS Plus in a year. Everything everyone said above is true. It is PS3 era character models and level design. I don't mind a nostalgic throwback to that era but the game is just so repetitive. Enter new area, stealth until caught, button mash when in werewolf form, and repeat for about 12 hours.

The platinum would be easy if not for a single trophy: collect all the spirits. Make sure you know what you're looking for from the start and don't miss any. There's a skill you can unlock in game that makes them more obvious in your "detective vision" (penumbra vision), buy that one first. EVERY single other trophy is an absolute breeze. I'd unlocked every non-story trophy (except the above spirit one) at the 50% story mark. There's a choice you have to make before the final fight that unlocks a trophy so you'll need to play the last chapter twice (restart the level from the menu).  

I will miss out on the platinum. I only hit 87% spirits because I didn't realise what I was searching for until about an hour or two in. Currently there's no new game plus to carry over progress and I REFUSE to play it through again any time soon so I'll likely never get it.

Edited by guy_flies
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...