Which account would you prefer?

Dreakon139

So I have two accounts.  They are very similar, I started the new account just as an excuse to replay/replat the Uncharted games/others and to purge my profile of games I never really intended to play anymore.  I'm kind of getting the itch to go back to my original account though.  Mostly because I like the name more... but I wouldn't mind re-platting a few select games I've gotten since I moved on from it lol.

First Account:

https://psnprofiles.com/Dreakon13

Pro's:

- I much prefer the name.  Dreakon has been my username on everything for over a decade, and 13 is my favorite number.

- It'd be a good excuse to play Uncharted 3 again, since it's only on my newer profile lol.  Amongst a few others.

Con's:

- There are so many games I really didn't like.  Wipeout HD, Dead Nation, Final Fantasy XIII, Smackdown vs Raw, Pixeljunk Shooter... permanent blemishes.

- Going with that last one, I really hated God Of War III (maybe I'd enjoy it more if I didn't start it on the hardest difficulty?).

- LittleBigPlanet 2 is platted, LittleBigPlanet 1 isn't.  Not only do I not own LBP1 anymore, but it's the tougher plat lol.

Newest Account:

https://psnprofiles.com/Dreakon139

Pro's:

- The games associated are much more appealing overall (I smarted up).

- I can put LittleBigPlanet 1 behind me.  It's not a bad game, I just much prefer LBP2 and I actually own it lol.

- My awesome (to me) three day Uncharted 1 plat.

Con's:

- Considerably less personal attachment, because of the name.

If someone held a gun to your head and forced you to pick one to make your primary account... which would you choose?  Being who you are, but knowing what you know about me.  I kind of feel like it'd make more sense to go with the one that has the name I like more... since I can't change it.  But I actually do care about having a lot of low percentage games I dislike marking up my profile.

Let the flaming commence, for caring about this lol.

EDIT: To simplify things, I'm basically asking... what's more important to you?  The name of the profile, or the games on it?

Edited by Dreakon139

Go with the one you like dude.

You do realize that you can hide games off your list now right? You go into trophy Collection hit Triangle and do the privacy settings.

They may show to you, but to psnprofiles they will be gone. 

So yea, do the one you love, plus you can rebeat Uncharted 3 :)

They may show to you, but to psnprofiles they will be gone.

That's pretty cool you can hide games now, but everything I do on here is for me lol. :)  As long as I can see them, they'll bug me.  Until they're platted, over 50% or gone.

I kind of agree about using the account name I prefer though.  Who knows.  Maybe I'll re-download those digital games (Wipeout, Pixeljunk, Dead Nation, etc) and find out I actually kinda like 'em now and won't mind going for the plat/100%.  Re-buying FFXIII and Smackdown vs Raw might be a tough sell though.

I would go with Dreakon139

Any reason? :)

Edited by Dreakon139

That's pretty cool you can hide games now, but everything I do on here is for me lol. :)  As long as I can see them, they'll bug me.  Until they're platted, over 50% or gone.

I kind of agree about using the account name I prefer though.

Yea i'm that same way. I want to hide the fighting games on my profile, yet since they are there it bugs me and i know one day i'm gonna have to get em beat. 

Now god of war 3, that's actually not to bad. You may like it more starting on a lower difficutly. Then going up higher to get the Platinum or since you like atleast 50% Starting it on lower difficutly would get you above 50% atleast for the time being. 

Go with Dreakon13 ;) also you have 24 games played, that's not even a lot, you can easily fix your completion rate, I left my old account I had 64 games played and like 6 games completed.. yours is easy, also who the hell cares about the games on your games played list lol I have Terminator Salvation on mine, 48 year old men have Hannah Montana ok maybe not that old but still, who cares right? xD Dreakon13 all the way man! ;) Good luck bro! 

Edited by Humonic

If you don't like the other name then you shouldn't use it. My first account was just Arkthur, but I messed it up so I created this sub-account with _us on it meaning is my US account. At first the name bothered me, but I started to like it the more work I put on it.

The fact that you posted this means that it really bothers you to use that (in your opinion) awful name, so don't use it, think of all those you don't like in there as scars of war :P

• 9 years later...