Latency Calibration for Coda / Bolt

r2rokid

Hi everyone!

I've recently gotten into practicing Coda and Bolt Low % (I'm thinking of working on Lowest of the Low first), and I seemed to have found a magical calibration number of 100ms in audio for the both of them.

However, the issue is that slower characters (like Cadence, Aria, etc.) seem to end up being off-sync with the beat using this calibration. I'm thinking that I'll also have to adjust my video latency as a result.

Is there an optimal calibration that can be done so that double tempo and the slower tempo characters could be properly synced?

• Like 1

I'm not really sure, but I think if it is working in double tempos but not for normal tempos then the latency is miscalibrated.

I think it is worth to try and change the video latency as well. And try audio 50ms (a middle ground between 0ms and 100ms)

This video may help:

Necrodancer latency calibration how-to (a MUST for bolt/coda)
https://youtu.be/gjO7gD2HrYU (by bigmacdontcare)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2021 at 0:46 PM, stealthlevel100 said:

I'm not really sure, but I think if it is working in double tempos but not for normal tempos then the latency is miscalibrated.

I think it is worth to try and change the video latency as well. And try audio 50ms (a middle ground between 0ms and 100ms)

This video may help:

Necrodancer latency calibration how-to (a MUST for bolt/coda)
https://youtu.be/gjO7gD2HrYU (by bigmacdontcare)

Thank you for the video. I think I found the perfect latency for Bolt.

And small tip (i wasted like 1hr of calibration due to that). If you think you got it right for ex. on zone 4 or DM but keep failing on slower songs - check if your latency isn't too high so you miss whole beat (king conga is great to check that)

• 10 months later...