Help - Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization "Cross-Buy"

Hi guys,

feeling stupid, need some feedback.

i bought Sword Art online hollow realization deluxe edition from ps4 store. its currently on discount and is stated as playable on ps4 and ps vita (bla bla about download to 3 different vita systems etc)..

problem is, it seems for ps vita, only the season pass is available. so i still would have to buy the base game for vita at full price (what i would never do....).

the base game is nowhere to be found.

i did a google search afterwards ( ? ), to find out about this.

Any solution?

Am i the only one, who didnt see this coming? the description on the ps4 store is absolutely misleading on this (at last for me).

Thanks!

• Like 1

You should contact customer support and ask for a refund. Make sure you take a picture or screenshot if you think the product description was misleading. 

Many have made the same mistake before you and it comes up on r/vita frequently and there is nothing else you can do. I suspect many make the error because PSPrices lists it as a cross-buy product when only the DLC part of the deluxe edition is. That plus the store description being misleading. Either way, you won't be getting the Vita version for that price so your options are to ask for a refund or play it on PS4. 

57 minutes ago, StoneTemplePilot said:

Hi guys,

feeling stupid, need some feedback.

i bought Sword Art online hollow realization deluxe edition from ps4 store. its currently on discount and is stated as playable on ps4 and ps vita (bla bla about download to 3 different vita systems etc)..

problem is, it seems for ps vita, only the season pass is available. so i still would have to buy the base game for vita at full price (what i would never do....).

the base game is nowhere to be found.

i did a google search afterwards ( 1f616.png ), to find out about this.

Any solution?

Am i the only one, who didnt see this coming? the description on the ps4 store is absolutely misleading on this (at last for me).

Thanks!

The game isn't cross-buy. It doesn't say anywhere in the description you get it for both platforms. 

If the game was cross-buy it would say something like this. "Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS4™, PS3™ and PS Vita versions!" (taken from the shovel knight page)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

thank u very much for the quick response!

@snowxsakura: u r right, it is my fault, but as iriihuto pointed out, i got attention on this game via the pspprices list; the store page was misleading for me...

Unfortunately, the ps vita store is a mess as is, too...

i contacted support and hope for the best!

c u!

56 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The game isn't cross-buy. It doesn't say anywhere in the description you get it for both platforms. 

If the game was cross-buy it would say something like this. "Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS42122.png, PS32122.png and PS Vita versions!" (taken from the shovel knight page)

The store pages can actually be very misleading for this game in particular.

https://prnt.sc/yajqq8

https://prnt.sc/yajvk8

Especially coupled with it appearing on PSPrices Vita lists for discounts. It's not a user error, it is misleading.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

The store pages can actually be very misleading for this game in particular.

https://prnt.sc/yajqq8

https://prnt.sc/yajvk8

Especially coupled with it appearing on PSPrices Vita lists for discounts. It's not a user error, it is misleading.

Except it doesn't once mention that it is cross buy on the page, it also lists it as ps4 only on the NA ps store at least, so it's likely an issue with the regional store

Hi,

just wanna tell that i got a refund from sony (it took them about four to five days to work on my request, i paid from psn wallet and they returned the amount to the wallet).

The customer support did not comment on the mentioned problem i had (misleading presentation which lead me to believe it was crossbuy).

they rather allowed me a refund, because i did not claim/download the article.

this leads me to believe, you can always get a refund within 14 days, if you dont download the purchased content.

Maybe this helps others!

C U!

• 2 years later...

I came here looking for answers and help, but it seems the information on the official PS Store page is misleading. It does say this game can be played on PS Vita. However it seems only the Add-ons are cross-buy. The game itself isn't. 

Screenshot-2.png

The image is in Spanish, but the bottom text does state the game can be played in the Vita.

I don't mind since I bought this game for PS4 only, and never intended to play it on the Vita. But I can see somebody falling for this trying to buy a cross-buy version. 

It's a shame to this day, it's still advertise as such