Constant, consistent crash?

Mokujin

So, I’m up to the chapter involving the new controls of R1 to dodge and Square to use the ability. When I get down to the tram/whatever it is and hold square to go back to the fishing port, my game crashes. Every single time without fail. Anyone else had this and hopefully solved it or?

• Like 2

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or not as I played/completed the game on the PS4 Pro in 2 sessions and had 0 issues with crashes of the sort. If you had played on a regular PS4 that could possibly caused this to happen but honestly that's all I can think of ?‍♂️

On 4-2-2021 at 5:31 PM, Keidah said:

So, I’m up to the chapter involving the new controls of R1 to dodge and Square to use the ability. When I get down to the tram/whatever it is and hold square to go back to the fishing port, my game crashes. Every single time without fail. Anyone else had this and hopefully solved it or?

I Also have crashes on PS4 Pro, but in the Sewer.

Everytime when i go with the elevator from Zone 1 to Zone 2 .

I changed the system language to English and In can continue now..

On 2/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, Keidah said:

I don't remember the game crashing on my when I played it.  At all.

• Like 1

the game crashed on me 4 times, one of which after I saved the tall kid the game crashed after Ash said " Foggy will fill you up with details " with that crash my save file got corrupted and it's weird, only my progress data got corrupted as my trophies progress and the unlockable ( System data ) of the game is fine.

every game I played ran perfectly fine except this game that have a tendency to crash during auto save.

Guys! I just learn what is causing the game to keep crashing, it's not your ps4 or ps5, it's the game itself!

the game crashed on me 9 times since my previous post so far, four of which is on the same night, no joke, I painted the walls on rooftops and even at unreachable areas and on small stuff at every knock and cranny I found and filled the first and second area with painting all over the place, and the game ever since started to crash most of the time when it auto save, the second crash I had have corrupted my save file had me restarted from scratch, what I did is i went back and started to undo the painting I did on top of rooftops and such but only left the painting under the light bulbs or the random ones my genies asked me for it, or the one you need to do to collect the chalk doodles and of course the master pieces that you need to make to finish an area.

the game runs fine ever since.

it seem the game's memory data is capped or something, and when you filled an area with painting and cover every single building in one area with drawing and painting the file will not gonna handle it properly and lead to a crash when the game is auto saving, i'm not a dev but I think what they need to do is to expand or uncapped the memory data of the game to allow it to takes all the graffiti and painting and handle them well via a patch.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the game crashed on me 9 times since my previous post so far, four of which is on the same night, no joke, I painted the walls on rooftops and even at unreachable areas and on small stuff at every knock and cranny I found and filled the first and second area with painting all over the place, and the game ever since started to crash most of the time when it auto save, the second crash I had have corrupted my save file had me restarted from scratch, what I did is i went back and started to undo the painting I did on top of rooftops and such but only left the painting under the light bulbs or the random ones my genies asked me for it, or the one you need to do to collect the chalk doodles and of course the master pieces that you need to make to finish an area.

the game runs fine ever since.

I was in the waterways and tried blowing a boat away and the game crashed on me like 5 times in a row. I had been spamming paint everywhere throughout the game and I was afraid I was gonna have to start the game over. As a little experiment I painted about 50-60 trees really quickly and packed together and the game instantly crashed so I took your advice, went back and removed damn near everything I had painted so far and, it worked. Now I can finally play the game again.

I think it's silly that QA didn't test this and let it pass. I imagine it would be frustrating for a child to have the game crash constantly because they don't know any better and just paint to their hearts content.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DudeInNorway said:

I was in the waterways and tried blowing a boat away and the game crashed on me like 5 times in a row. I had been spamming paint everywhere throughout the game and I was afraid I was gonna have to start the game over. As a little experiment I painted about 50-60 trees really quickly and packed together and the game instantly crashed so I took your advice, went back and removed damn near everything I had painted so far and, it worked. Now I can finally play the game again.

I think it's silly that QA didn't test this and let it pass. I imagine it would be frustrating for a child to have the game crash constantly because they don't know any better and just paint to their hearts content.

glad that worked with you too.

I was very disappointed when I found out what is causing the crashes, I really painted the town in my game and made it looks so good!

now I went back and undo all of that stuff, I had to take a screen shot of all of my good looking painting before I deleted them ?

it's so funny how no reviewer ever mentioned this problem... I think journalist only paint the necessary part and moved on I think.

I saw games that the crashing is a part of the experience ? and others due to been under cooked and was rushed out, but a game will constantly crashed by enjoying it's main freaking feature too much is just new and head scratching.

and you had a point there, what if a child was playing the game and was enjoying his/her time with the painting mechanics and the game started to go Crashing Happy, the problem will be in front of them but they're clueless of what is causing it.

I don't have a twitter account, but it's nice if those of you who have an account to go and report this stupid bug to them which i don't know how it slipped right in front of them.

Edited by yellowwindow7

i also have trouble with these crashes with my ps4 pro

and i'm at the part in the sewers where you have to cross the water and while doing you get blowen bij your painting

and when i drop down i get the crash and ther is no way other way to get back:(

Edited by weggelopen
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, Keidah said:

Just got the plat in the game, I only encountered one crash in the part with the elevator B1 → B2

• 4 months later...