Help with "Hijacker" trophy

super_chads

Been trying to get the trophy for hijacking an Atlas mech on my initial playthrough on normal difficulty, wanting to get it out of the way before the insanity run. Class is an Infiltrator and I'm using the Mantis sniper rifle. Every Atlas mech I've encountered, I've been shooting it in the orange window only and killing the pilot once the window cracks open but every single time the damn thing just explodes, even with 50% health left.

I'm purposely moving my companions out of the way so they can't shoot it (as otherwise Garrus with the Typhoon annihilates everything in seconds) and the mods I have on the Mantis are the +25% dmg increase and the enhanced scop., I'm not using an AP mod and it's not my companions but I've no idea why this is happening.

I've tried JFGI and it seems like others had the same issue but I can't find a clear solution.

Any assistance much appreciated, thanks.

4 hours ago, super_chads said:

Been trying to get the trophy for hijacking an Atlas mech on my initial playthrough on normal difficulty, wanting to get it out of the way before the insanity run. Class is an Infiltrator and I'm using the Mantis sniper rifle. Every Atlas mech I've encountered, I've been shooting it in the orange window only and killing the pilot once the window cracks open but every single time the damn thing just explodes, even with 50% health left.

I'm purposely moving my companions out of the way so they can't shoot it (as otherwise Garrus with the Typhoon annihilates everything in seconds) and the mods I have on the Mantis are the +25% dmg increase and the enhanced scop., I'm not using an AP mod and it's not my companions but I've no idea why this is happening.

I've tried JFGI and it seems like others had the same issue but I can't find a clear solution.

Any assistance much appreciated, thanks.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1287-mass-effect-3-trophy-guide#43-hijacker

Thanks but obviously I already read the trophy guide and watched that video - if you look in the comments on Youtube several people have commented that they had the same issue as me. I looked at several of those and couldn't see any where someone offered a solution to that.

I'm already using a Mantis V as in the video so was looking for some guidance from someone else who had the same issue then managed to get the achievement and share what it was they were doing wrong as I'm likely doing the same thing. 

43 minutes ago, super_chads said:

Thanks but obviously I already read the trophy guide and watched that video - if you look in the comments on Youtube several people have commented that they had the same issue as me. I looked at several of those and couldn't see any where someone offered a solution to that.

I'm already using a Mantis V as in the video so was looking for some guidance from someone else who had the same issue then managed to get the achievement and share what it was they were doing wrong as I'm likely doing the same thing. 

Maybe bump the difficulty up to increase its health. I haven't played in years but I did a one run Insanity for the platinum having recently completed 2 on the same difficulty back in the day. I don't know if this will work but I don't remember any issues with any of the trophies on Insanity. But if you play Citadel DLC do not face Spectre rank enemies on Insanity! *shudders*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...