Nightmare Co-op doable solo?

francesco1234888

It's still doable enough if you've already played Doom a lot and know most of the level layouts. It also helps to look up Nightmare speedruns on youtube to see the optimal path to finish each level. I've done everything solo so far and I just have E1M6 and E2M7 left. E1M6 is the hardest map on nightmare co-op imo because you need the rocket launcher to clear the last room out or else you don't stand any chance. So if you die after you get the rocket launcher, you might as well just restart the entire map. Very annoying. 

Doom 2 is a completely different story, but I would say Doom 1 is still completely possible solo with enough practice. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

It is very doable solo. I am very lucky that my roommate is an accomplished Doom player, and we both have immense experience playing FPS games with controllers. We got through the first Episode in 45 minutes, but that was after I downloaded patch 1.00 using PSX Download Helper. The newest patch 1.08 will really test your patience. I have seen players say it took them upwards of 4 hours for a single mission.

• Like 1

I had already created a Bethesda account because I wanted to play some of the Doom mods. I saw on some other threads that you (might be) able to bypass the screen if you had already created an account, but I'm not too sure. We loaded in on two separate days, and on the first day, ran into no resistance. Today (just got the plat...) when we loaded in, we got a "Can't connect to Bethesda servers" message, but we were able to move past it and finish out the game. Idk if that's the same thing you are talking about. I attempted the game on the harder difficulty first, but E1M6 was NOT happening on the new patch. We redownloaded it with PSX download helper (after I had gotten all the other trophies) and replayed the entire game. This was my first foray into PSX Download Helper, so I'm not sure how much i can help you. Good luck man, I see you all over the Doom 2 forums. I'm hitting that game next, I'll let you know if I run into any problems on that game.

I already earned my Doom Classic plat and did most levels solo. There were a few that gave me a hard time so I set up gaming session to do share play. On PS4 you can share play the game with 1 other person. I did this to get by those tough levels, like the before mentioned E1M6. Just saying that is also an option for you so you can play the game in multi player

On 3/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, BearyDeadly said:

I had already created a Bethesda account because I wanted to play some of the Doom mods. I saw on some other threads that you (might be) able to bypass the screen if you had already created an account, but I'm not too sure. We loaded in on two separate days, and on the first day, ran into no resistance. Today (just got the plat...) when we loaded in, we got a "Can't connect to Bethesda servers" message, but we were able to move past it and finish out the game. Idk if that's the same thing you are talking about. I attempted the game on the harder difficulty first, but E1M6 was NOT happening on the new patch. We redownloaded it with PSX download helper (after I had gotten all the other trophies) and replayed the entire game. This was my first foray into PSX Download Helper, so I'm not sure how much i can help you. Good luck man, I see you all over the Doom 2 forums. I'm hitting that game next, I'll let you know if I run into any problems on that game.

PSX Download Helper is a significant help for sure. The only issue is on earlier versions the Bethesda.net screen prompts you to make an account. I wasn't able to get past it a few months ago when I played DOOM 2 on version 1.00. But I also backed up and deleted my saves so maybe that was the issue.

I just know that several levels in DOOM 2 are absurdly ridiculous unless you have a coop partner. And unfortunately you have to use Shareplay for that.

• 1 month later...