30 hours or less tips for platinum!

mumik08

3 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Good read.  Have started the game but wandered off to play my other games and couldn't decide if I wanted to return to this one.  Thanks for the tips! 

Your welcome. I know the start is boring but after 3-5 hours there's so much to do, so I think you should return to it if you want. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

You wont believe how much time I wasted running everywhere near the beginning of the game because I thought it was a good idea to save my fast travel packs for later. 1f62d.png

Some more tips:

- Go for the upgrade that lets you whistle for a mount. If you lose or leave your mount behind for any reason this will let you get a new one immediately without needing to hunt a new one down.

- If you get the upgrade that lets you pick up things while on your mount, you dont have to waste time getting on and off.

- If you fast travel while on the mount, you will remain on the mount at the place you fast travelled to.

- Keep and eye on your map for grey campfires when you're travelling somewhere. If its not too far out of the way then go near it to make it green otherwise you wont be able to fast travel there later on if you need to for a quest or for a collectable.

- Go for the upgrade that gives you +20% extra resources capacity. If you have limited space, you'll waste more time thinking about what to sell and what to keep, especially if you're playing on story and constantly picking up items. You also dont want to be forced to throw away stuff you might need to farm later like hearts and lenses. Theres a reddit about which items are worth keeping and which ones you can get rid of.

Yeah good tips!

Just completed ultra hard playthrough, a few more tips for people going for 100%:

- Ultra hard more lets you buy 'adept' weapons which let you attach 4 modifications to weapons. Farm the necessary hearts in your easy playthrough so you can buy the adept weapons as soon as they're available to you in the ultra hard run.

- In the last few missions where you have to run through warzones, ignore the enemies and keep running towards the yellow quest marker. You dont have to fight them all. Same applies when you encounter the stormbird in the mission where you have to go towards the top of the map.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Just completed ultra hard playthrough, a few more tips for people going for 100%:

- Ultra hard more lets you buy 'adept' weapons which let you attach 4 modifications to weapons. Farm the necessary hearts in your easy playthrough so you can buy the adept weapons as soon as they're available to you in the ultra hard run.

- In the last few missions where you have to run through warzones, ignore the enemies and keep running towards the yellow quest marker. You dont have to fight them all. Same applies when you encounter the stormbird in the mission where you have to go towards the top of the map.

Good tips!

4 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

These are nice tips but mine would rather be to take your time and enjoy this masterpiece of a game instead of rushing towards another plat.

I must have spent 80 to 90 hours on it so far, getting into the story, completing side quests, wandering around the map, reading and listening to the various collectible archives scattered here and there... And it’s been soooo much worth it! 1f60d.png

It is a good game but there's a lot of other good games too and I wanted to save people 14 hours and they can still do everything except for side quests that don't give trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive been playing thru this recently (still not finished) and here are a few tips

- Get that unlimited fast travel pack ASAP. It makes the game so much easier.

- Basically when you leave the Nora lands, like people say, go for collectibles, overriding, corrupt zones and misc trophies i.e. the weakness kill ones. 

- As you're going round collecting, again as others have said, hit as many nearby bonfires as possible. 

- Which means after that, you can work on side missions followed by main missions. This should be easier because you've hit at decent selection of bonfires to move around swiftly. I also DO reccomend doing the side missions for items and exp in particular. Whilst not hard, the levelling up trophies take a while and any 'easy' supply of exp is great.

- The hunting lodges are difficult to a newb like me. I didnt attempt one til at least 10hrs in. And didnt get all blazing 1st go, i tell ya that! I try and get at least 1 blazing sun per play session. Its worked ok so far but some are tricky. Itll end up being a patience thing im sure...

Im still learning but thats what id tell myself if starting again. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Ive been playing thru this recently (still not finished) and here are a few tips

- Get that unlimited fast travel pack ASAP. It makes the game so much easier.

- Basically when you leave the Nora lands, like people say, go for collectibles, overriding, corrupt zones and misc trophies i.e. the weakness kill ones. 

- As you're going round collecting, again as others have said, hit as many nearby bonfires as possible. 

- Which means after that, you can work on side missions followed by main missions. This should be easier because you've hit at decent selection of bonfires to move around swiftly. I also DO reccomend doing the side missions for items and exp in particular. Whilst not hard, the levelling up trophies take a while and any 'easy' supply of exp is great.

- The hunting lodges are difficult to a newb like me. I didnt attempt one til at least 10hrs in. And didnt get all blazing 1st go, i tell ya that! I try and get at least 1 blazing sun per play session. Its worked ok so far but some are tricky. Itll end up being a patience thing im sure...

Im still learning but thats what id tell myself if starting again. 

Thanks for the extra tips! Really appreciated!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jermster_91 said:

It Took me 34 Hours to get the Platinum for Horizon Zero Dawn but that also includes the DLC trophies and gameplay for The Frozen Wilds.

Wow, nice I’m going to try and see how long it'll take me in total since I didn't play the DLC yet!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...