Recommendations for new game?

send-it-donkey

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I’d been a sports game fan forever but recently branched out and have almost completed the Spider-Man series. I’ve loved these games. Can anyone make a recommendation for something to try once I’m finished? Not as in the know as I’d like to be. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, send-it-donkey said:

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I’d been a sports game fan forever but recently branched out and have almost completed the Spider-Man series. I’ve loved these games. Can anyone make a recommendation for something to try once I’m finished? Not as in the know as I’d like to be. Thank you!

You posted this under Playstation 5 so you're only looking for PS5 games?

Thanks everyone for the replies. And yes, PS5 is what I was after but always open to playing ps4 games on it as well. Should have specified - I’ll get the hang of this I promise. I will be sure to check some of those titles out. 

FWIW, I just fired up Control from PS Plus and really digging that so far. Have an awesome weekend everyone. 

• Like 3

PS5:

Overcooked if your into co-op and not hard at all

Immortals Fenyx Rising; Amazing open world with nice combat/puzzles (DLC sucks balls tho)

Astro's playroom ofcourse!

Nioh 2 Remastered recently came out. Easily over 100 hours of hard combat+rpg

Sackboy. Lovely adventure game 3D platformer. Only 1 trophy is kinda hard but with some practice everyone can do it.

Demon's Souls: It's not that hard as people make it. Early is kinda rough but around 5 hours in you're good to go.

There's some more PS5 games I've got 100% but these are really fun.

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

PS5:

Overcooked if your into co-op and not hard at all

Immortals Fenyx Rising; Amazing open world with nice combat/puzzles (DLC sucks balls tho)

Astro's playroom ofcourse!

Nioh 2 Remastered recently came out. Easily over 100 hours of hard combat+rpg

Sackboy. Lovely adventure game 3D platformer. Only 1 trophy is kinda hard but with some practice everyone can do it.

Demon's Souls: It's not that hard as people make it. Early is kinda rough but around 5 hours in you're good to go.

There's some more PS5 games I've got 100% but these are really fun.

Couldn’t agree so much on Demon’s Souls. First Souls game I’ve played and I had to start an entire new game as I used all my grass up on the first world. But on my second run it was easy as I had a basic understanding of the game. But I enjoyed it all the way

1 hour ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Couldn’t agree so much on Demon’s Souls. First Souls game I’ve played and I had to start an entire new game as I used all my grass up on the first world. But on my second run it was easy as I had a basic understanding of the game. But I enjoyed it all the way

Demon souls is way easier than any of the other souls games, so if you want to start somewhere its best to start with DeS.

If you liked Spider-Man, some other big titles I’d highly recommend:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Days Gone
  • God of War 
  • Ghost of Tsushima

All 5 of these games are big, high quality, gorgeous adventures! All have very easy and straightforward trophy lists as well if you’re looking for really fun games to platinum. You can’t go wrong with any of these.

If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, I just finished Metro 2033 the other day and I absolutely loved it. It’s one of the coolest post-apocalyptic games I’ve played, taking place in the underground metro tunnels and subway networks under Moscow decades after a nuclear war destroyed most of the world. It’s an FPS game with stealth and survival-horror elements!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, SadisticFiend said:

I was going to ask a similar questions to OP so these replies are great 1f44d.png 

I have been tempted to pickup Sackboy but couldn’t decide whether to go for it or get Ratchet and Clank instead.

R&C isn't going to be out still for a while (June I think).

Maneater was surprisingly fun - the first hour or so is a bit of a slog, but it gets quite enjoyable as you power up. Just a silly (and fairly short) romp.

Control was also a very good game on the PS4 and I look forward to the remaster (I know this one has a lot of polar opinions - either you love it or you hate it).

Have also heard very good things about Immortals Fenyx Rising. That one is on my radar.

On 2/21/2021 at 2:58 PM, Toast_On_Cheese said:

Days Gone, I platinum'd it this week and absolutely loved the experience, it's got some bugs that seem to get worse the longer playsession you have but can be fixed by closing and opening the application again. I think it might even be free if you have Playstation+ 

Judging by OP's post (PS5) it should be 'free' for him if he has the PS+.

Days Gone is an amazing game, that got unreasonable amounts of flak on PS4 release. I played and loved it on PRO and did another 100% run on PS5 when I got it.

Superb game to try out, I had a single crash in several days of playing on PS5.