Is the paid upgrade worth it?

MisterJoint84

I curently own Nioh: Complete edition on PS4 and am yet to start it.
My question for anyone who has the upgraded PS5 edition, is it worth paying the extra or just playing what I have via backward compatibility on PS5?

Obviously, if it had a free upgrade it would be a no brainer but alas that is not the case with Nioh 1.

Honestly, imo the only selling point would probably be 120fps, but you do need a display which supports 120fps. Other than that, the PS4 version of Nioh already runs at or close to 4K and stable 60fps on PS5. You could totally stick to the PS4 version.

6 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Honestly, imo the only selling point would probably be 120fps, but you do need a display which supports 120fps. Other than that, the PS4 version of Nioh already runs at or close to 4K and stable 60fps on PS5. You could totally stick to the PS4 version.

60 fps is true but Nioh on PS4 is nowhere near 4K.

15 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I do have a 120hz TV, played Black Ops Cold War at 120fps but I was only really bothered about that when playing MP. 
60fps is smooth enough for me, even at 1080P I don't mind too much.

I'll probably stick to the PS4 BC version then and grab the free upgrade for Nioh 2.

Annoying they didn't go down the free upgrade path for 1!

the game looks great.  Much better than on the ps4 but with that said it's not really worth buying it again if you already have it 100% on ps4.  Not unless you are a die hard nioh fan who wants to stack it.  It's better quality graphics for sure and they did a nice job with it.

Edited by steel6burgh

1 hour ago, maniek515 said:

60 fps is true but Nioh on PS4 is nowhere near 4K.

Both PS4 Nioh games run at 4K 60fps in variable movie mode on PS5. This is a known fact, plenty of tests out there. Backwards compatibility made the remasters feel a bit irrelevant in that sense, unless you care about going up to 120fps.

I guess the native PS5 version looks a bit better, but it's certainly not worth paying full price for imo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

What about the load times?

if the upgrade is not worth it, I’ll keep the ps4 version of 1 and buy 2 for the ps5

Load times are short and infrequent either way. 2 seconds in the native PS5 version, about 10 seconds in PS4 version on PS5 and 15 seconds on PS4.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies, seems like the general consensus is its not worth paying extra for the very slightly upgraded PS5 upgrade compared to the backwards compatible digital complete edition I currently own.
Should have been a free upgrade like the 2nd one really.

I'll stick with what I've got!

Edited by MisterJoint84

7 minutes ago, MisterJoint84 said:

Thanks for all the replies, seems like the general consensus is its not worth paying extra for the very slightly upgraded PS5 upgrade compared to the backwards compatible digital complete edition I currently own.
Should have been a free upgrade like the 2nd one really.

I'll stick with what I've got!

I'm sure it will get a nice discount later this year, might be worth buying then. You can carry over your PS4 progress to the PS5 version and it autopops most trophies.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...