Online trophies in 2021

Patrickosan

Hey there all. 

I'm wondering, because I want to go back and finish Heists trophies, because that's what I'm missing for my 100%. The only problem is that I have transfered my character to PS4, when GTA V for PS4 came out (there was short window for transfer). 

So right now, I would have to level up and gear up my fresh character if I would like to make those heist trophies on PS3, right? Or maybe there is some other easier way? I made them on PS4, but I doubt that would help anyhow. 

I would really appreciate some tips regarding the state of online in GTA V for PS3 and how hard would it be to do heist trophies now. 

I was told that doing the heists will dump you back into a random lobby/free roam session once you finish them, leaving you vulnerable to hackers and modders who have the ability to pop trophies illegitimately for you.

I'd be very careful doing the heists, as many people have been flagged on GTA V for the PS3 regarding suspicious timestamps that were put there by a hacker. At this point I already crossed off this game off my list, I'm not risking a hacker or a modder screwing things up.

On 06/02/2021 at 1:08 AM, AN0n1m8 said:

I though you cannot transfer your character from PS3 to PS4 anymore. That was available when both versions have the same things, but was announced that only the PS4 version will be updated.

Correct. Rockstar terminated the cross-save feature years ago so it's now impossible to transfer your profile from the PS3 to the PS4.

18 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I was told that doing the heists will dump you back into a random lobby/free roam session once you finish them, leaving you vulnerable to hackers and modders who have the ability to pop trophies illegitimately for you.

I'd be very careful doing the heists, as many people have been flagged on GTA V for the PS3 regarding suspicious timestamps that were put there by a hacker. At this point I already crossed off this game off my list, I'm not risking a hacker or a modder screwing things up.

Just go quickly offline or into invite session and problem solved. Doubt there are tons of hackers/modders right now, as this game on PS3 is old as hell. 

My friend was playing not so long ago and there wasn't any problems. He meet some modded characters, but never had problem with his own character.

Just now, Patrickosan said:

Just go quickly offline or into invite session and problem solved. Doubt there are tons of hackers/modders right now, as this game on PS3 is old as hell. 

My friend was playing not so long ago and there wasn't any problems. He meet some modded characters, but never had problem with his own character.

I don't have Run Like the Wind, so I can't do this legit anyways.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 3:19 AM, Patrickosan said:

Yeah, that's a bummer and whole Rockstar for you. They've stopped supporting PS3 version long time ago, the same will happen probably to PS4 version after releasing PS5 version.

I see you managed to play the Heists and unlock the trophies since then.

Did you run into any kind of issues? I’m also thinking about going back and doing the Heists to 100% the PS3 version.

13 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

I see you managed to play the Heists and unlock the trophies since then.

Did you run into any kind of issues? I’m also thinking about going back and doing the Heists to 100% the PS3 version.

No, besides the online is slow as hell and there are some problems with connecting with friends, it's working fine.