I hate fishing, do I need to do a lot of it for Plat?

Come on, man. Let’s throw our lines in, shoot the shit, and chill. ?

A few fish you need but not that bad. While exploring the map, stop for a few minutes and grab a couple here and there.

However, if you want the swordfish weapon (Ubisoft Connect challenge) then you need a lot of damn fish that will take hours. 

1 minute ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Come on, man. Let’s throw our lines in, shoot the shit, and chill. 1f61c.png

A few fish you need but not that bad. While exploring the map, stop for a few minutes and grab a couple here and there.

However, if you want the swordfish weapon (Ubisoft Connect challenge) then you need a lot of damn fish that will take hours. 

Ok, so it's not like I have to catch all types or get those specific sizes for all those challenges? Not even for the 100% areas trophy?

You have to catch a fish of each type regardless of size. I forget how many there are of each type. A quick search online can help. Does not matter for 100% completion of each territory.

One caveat: Keep in mind though that some Mysteries require a certain amount of fish and certain size which are necessary for Mystery completion of some territories. 

6 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

You have to catch a fish of each type regardless of size. I forget how many there are of each type. A quick search online can help. Does not matter for 100% completion of each territory.

One caveat: Keep in mind though that some Mysteries require a certain amount of fish and certain size which are necessary for Mystery completion of some territories. 

All right, doesn't sound TOO bad. I guess once the game is in a better state I'll give it a go. I haven't played any other Assassin's Creed games, this one seemed pretty good.

15 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

After getting the 100% you'll likely have at least half the fishes required for the trophy so in reality it may only take you around 1 hour or so. You also don't even need to use the fishing rod, I used the bow which made things quicker and the trophy popped just fine. 

Awesome, I'm guna keep the bow in mind! 

It took me about 3 hours total I guess to collect all the fish needed for the Platinum. Which to be honest is a drop in the bucket if you look at the entire length of this game. I would ask yourself first: Do you want to collect shit in the open world for 60 hours? If the answer is yes, you can manage 3 hours of fishing.

I Royally hate fishing and I found this surprisingly easy I really rust periodically tossed my line in if I say fish in water and almost immediately caught something so it's not like you will be sitting there waiting lol like a few seconds at best I only had to go out of my way for like 3 fish and just because they wasn't actually in britain they was over in norway lol the rest I got by complete accident just dropping a line every once in awhile when the mood struck to try I was actually afraid Id end up with a bunch I needed cause I wasn't paying much attention to what I was catching while doing it lol but near end game figured I'd take a look and I was like wtf I'm only missing 3 and after a 10 minute trip to norway  u had them and it I ly took that long cause the nearest warp points to the fishing holes was on freaking mountains lol

• Like 1