yowzagabowza

I hate fishing, do I need to do a lot of it for Plat?

13 posts in this topic

I was reading about the many fishing quests and was really hoping I don't actually have to do them all to get the Platinum. I got this game long ago in a deal but haven't started it yet. If I have to waste a lot of time doing something like fishing, I'm not going to bother ever starting it.

there is quite a bit of fishing required for the plat. to the tune of a 3-4 hours. at least that is what it took for me. 

Come on, man. Let’s throw our lines in, shoot the shit, and chill. 😜

A few fish you need but not that bad. While exploring the map, stop for a few minutes and grab a couple here and there.

However, if you want the swordfish weapon (Ubisoft Connect challenge) then you need a lot of damn fish that will take hours. 

1 minute ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Come on, man. Let’s throw our lines in, shoot the shit, and chill. 1f61c.png

A few fish you need but not that bad. While exploring the map, stop for a few minutes and grab a couple here and there.

However, if you want the swordfish weapon (Ubisoft Connect challenge) then you need a lot of damn fish that will take hours. 

Ok, so it's not like I have to catch all types or get those specific sizes for all those challenges? Not even for the 100% areas trophy?

You have to catch a fish of each type regardless of size. I forget how many there are of each type. A quick search online can help. Does not matter for 100% completion of each territory.

One caveat: Keep in mind though that some Mysteries require a certain amount of fish and certain size which are necessary for Mystery completion of some territories. 

6 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

You have to catch a fish of each type regardless of size. I forget how many there are of each type. A quick search online can help. Does not matter for 100% completion of each territory.

One caveat: Keep in mind though that some Mysteries require a certain amount of fish and certain size which are necessary for Mystery completion of some territories. 

All right, doesn't sound TOO bad. I guess once the game is in a better state I'll give it a go. I haven't played any other Assassin's Creed games, this one seemed pretty good.

After getting the 100% you'll likely have at least half the fishes required for the trophy so in reality it may only take you around 1 hour or so. You also don't even need to use the fishing rod, I used the bow which made things quicker and the trophy popped just fine. 

There are 19 types of fish you have to catch. Took me maybe 1.5 hours at most -- I found it not bad at all.

15 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

After getting the 100% you'll likely have at least half the fishes required for the trophy so in reality it may only take you around 1 hour or so. You also don't even need to use the fishing rod, I used the bow which made things quicker and the trophy popped just fine. 

Awesome, I'm guna keep the bow in mind! 

Im doing them right now but the ocean fishes are not spawning. Any advice ?

It took me about 3 hours total I guess to collect all the fish needed for the Platinum. Which to be honest is a drop in the bucket if you look at the entire length of this game. I would ask yourself first: Do you want to collect shit in the open world for 60 hours? If the answer is yes, you can manage 3 hours of fishing.

I Royally hate fishing and I found this surprisingly easy I really rust periodically tossed my line in if I say fish in water and almost immediately caught something so it's not like you will be sitting there waiting lol like a few seconds at best I only had to go out of my way for like 3 fish and just because they wasn't actually in britain they was over in norway lol the rest I got by complete accident just dropping a line every once in awhile when the mood struck to try I was actually afraid Id end up with a bunch I needed cause I wasn't paying much attention to what I was catching while doing it lol but near end game figured I'd take a look and I was like wtf I'm only missing 3 and after a 10 minute trip to norway  u had them and it I ly took that long cause the nearest warp points to the fishing holes was on freaking mountains lol

Also worth noting is that you need 20 small bullhead and 5 small brown trout for some of the mysteries around the map.