Feb 5 video and 6.0 reveals: Discuss

Keep all spoilers of the recent Final Fantasy XIV presentation from Yoshi P. in this thread.

So, what are your thoughts, peeps? Here are my thoughts:

1. I am hopefully going to have the platinum trophy for this game before Endwalker, the next expansion comes out. Stupid levequest trophy... ?
  2. I am hopefully going to have a PS5 when Patch 5.5 comes out. Stupid scalpers, I hope the recent purge will get me a PS5 in the next month,. ? Yes, they shadow-dropped the open beta for the PS5 upgrade for this game and showed it off. Oh By The Twelve, thank Bahamut it has only three seconds of load screen for each area transition!!! I spent a lot of time getting soda while the stupid load screens dragged on!
  3. The new healer-tier class, Sage. I just plan on kissing my good old Scholar fairy goodbye. xD
  4. Everything is becoming weaker because of issues with the high damage numbers and health bars of bosses. If the next dungeon in Patch 5.55 has a final boss with 440 million HP, and it crashes the game over and over and disconnected me as soon as I log in, I think this is a welcome change even if you don't see big numbers. All enemies and bosses and raids will be reduced by 80% as well as our damage and experience gain, as well as 80% less EXP to get from Level 1 to 80. It'll hopefully go faster.
  5. They're deleting the belts from the equipment pool. Why? Because they aren't visible on your character, not because they give few stats. Hello? My Shire belt gives +76 to every important stat and +130 defense in both states! We're going to be struggling through fights in high-end raids with that loss of defense. At least they are going to allocate half of the slots from the belt category to weapons - with two new jobs, I won't have enough room in my armory chest for everyone's weapon. :(
  6. We're going to Radz-At-Hazn and we saw a new beast tribe, elephant men.
  7. Anima from FFX! Might be a Primal since Anima was Seymour's Aeon.
  8. Lahabrea is back in the next series of raids, called Pandaemonium. Ring any bells?
  9. Finally, level cap is going to 90. Hopefully we see another upgrade to Blue Mage to do Shadowbringers content and cap to level 80 with 24 more spells you can learn from Shadowbringers content in Patch 6.45. :dunno:
  • Like 1

Somewhat off topic, but as someone who plays on PlayStation do you recommend getting a keyboard to play? I played about 20ish hours with a controller and it was obviously clunky. I wanna get super into it but just can't with a controller

4 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Somewhat off topic, but as someone who plays on PlayStation do you recommend getting a keyboard to play? I played about 20ish hours with a controller and it was obviously clunky. I wanna get super into it but just can't with a controller

You can switch the mouse and controller if you want. I don't have much trouble with controller(although I wish the hotbars had more than 8 slots) but I use a keyboard to chat because it's impossible for me to use the in-game keyboard to chat. If you can't handle the controller, you aren't forced to use it.

42 minutes ago, Ocean_CJ said:

You can switch the mouse and controller if you want. I don't have much trouble with controller(although I wish the hotbars had more than 8 slots) but I use a keyboard to chat because it's impossible for me to use the in-game keyboard to chat. If you can't handle the controller, you aren't forced to use it.

Didn't say I was forced, just was wondering if you thought keyboard/mouse was better. Thanks anyway.

So excited! Unfortunately my account is linked to an older PSN ID. 

The new job Sage is oddly named but I am really liking the Futuristic Laser Wings. Definitely going to be my main Healer next to my Gunbreaker and Machinist. 

(And to think I started off Paladin, Scholar, Bard.) 

I'm excited for the new expansion. Shadowbringers is difficult to beat but I definitely love the FFIV final dungeon vibe they are going for. 

I can't get excited, I'm grinding 24-man raids for the newest relic weapon and it's hard to focus on anything but that. If anything I'm feeling panic set in because I have this grinding then whatever grinding they'll have us do in 5.5 for the relic weapon PLUS the new Nier raid, and now an expansion in the Fall.

The technical stuff like improved frame rate and loading is why I switched to PC.

38 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

I can't get excited, I'm grinding 24-man raids for the newest relic weapon and it's hard to focus on anything but that. If anything I'm feeling panic set in because I have this grinding then whatever grinding they'll have us do in 5.5 for the relic weapon PLUS the new Nier raid, and now an expansion in the Fall.

The technical stuff like improved frame rate and loading is why I switched to PC.

Ugh, sorry to hear you grinding for relics. I all but gave up on the original relic quest after the Atma step. :(

Well, I was excited for 6.0. But now seeing the LL and Ultimate is delayed... Not a single Ultimate instance for over 2 years. No Deep Dungeon for over three years! I basically resubbed to this game after skipping the last tier so I should be geared for the Ultimate. I've been paying money for nothing. 

Oh PS5 never shares a list with PS4 games? I wonder if they would even add a new trophy list then, or does every game have to have one mandatory? I’d be nice if they would get rid of the A Realm Reborn tag then and make a Final Fantasy XIV overall list that doesn’t have do this a 1000 times...

I hope that they'll take advantage of the new PS5 list to introduce new trophies at each major update, or at least at each new extension. This game could have one of the most exciting trophy list there is, growing larger and larger with the game, instead we've been stuck with the same boring 2.0 one for seven years now.

5 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

Ps5 version means there will be a new trophy list.. but I don’t want to abandon my 19% ps4 list, so I won’t take advantage of the upgrade any time soon

tbh wherever you are in the game you largely have time to complete the PS4 trophy list before switching to the PS5 version this fall (and probably enjoying autopoping for most of the list).

Well I certainly won't finish the PS4 list before the PS5 version drops simply due to the levequests...

Hate the fact that lists can't go cross system now, I'm not a fan of auto popping lists which has been happening a lot these days. But at the same time that auto popping feature will allow me to go to the PS5 version, meet the levequests requirement, launch the PS4 version and auto pop it to finish the plat, so blessing and a curse I suppose.