I Chose The Impossible exploit still works as of now

koohpaTV

So yeah, the exploit where you play through the whole game on Easy with vita chamber turned off, then pause at the white screen and change the settings at the final cutscene still works. Take note that vita chamber setting has to be turned OFF from the get-go to get this trophy because I had it on and had to do a second playthrough. I play lots of shooters but I had to use this exploit .... this game is really really difficult on survivor lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that this glitch isn't possible on EU copies of the game. Does anyone know if that's true?

I'm still not sure if I'll even use the glitch. I've done Hard without Vita chambers a couple of times on the Xbox 360 and then the remastered version on the Xbox One and I don't remember struggling a huge amount. So how much harder can Survivor be?.......

29 minutes ago, SimmondsR said:

I've heard that this glitch isn't possible on EU copies of the game. Does anyone know if that's true?

I'm still not sure if I'll even use the glitch. I've done Hard without Vita chambers a couple of times on the Xbox 360 and then the remastered version on the Xbox One and I don't remember struggling a huge amount. So how much harder can Survivor be?.......

Having the physical copy of the Bioshock triology, the glitch worked for me on my first try. Digitally should work as well if I'm not wrong. Frankly I don't think they will fix this glitch ever.

Survivor is only hard on the first couple of areas, once you get more plasmids and health, the game is not that bad, naturally it does requires more patience and skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Exploit will most likely never get patched. There is similar one in the new order where you can get the highest difficulty trophy by only beating the last chapter on set difficulty.

I recently got the platinum for Bioshock, played on hard without vita chambers and changed the difficulty to survivor as the screen flashed white right after injecting X. Couldn't be bothered to replay on survivor, there are way to many bugs in this port. Additionally you die fast in hard mode as it is. 

To anyone reading this thread after March 2021:

During my playthrough I experienced two freezes and one crash. Ostensibly, the freezes happen if you linger for too long in the menus. You can unfreeze by putting your PS4 in rest mode and turning it back on. The crash happened in Apollo Square. While I was backtracking the game suddenly crashed, I got an error code and was sent back to the home screen. Moreover, this port suffers from sound glitches. Glad I'm done, won't be replaying it on PS4 again most likely. Needed a break from the whole game after finishing. A remake on PS5 is inevitable though. Great game, rather bad port.

Edited by GamingNation2K
Typo

The exploit stills work as of March 2 2021.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:23 AM, GamingNation2K said:

Exploit will most likely never get patched. There is similar one in the new order where you can get the highest difficulty trophy by only beating the last chapter on set difficulty.

I recently got the platinum for Bioshock, played on hard without vita chambers and changed the difficulty to survivor as the screen flashed white right after injecting X. Couldn't be bothered to replay on survivor, there are way to many bugs in this port. Additionally you die fast in hard mode as it is. 

To anyone reading this thread after March 2021:

During my playthrough I experienced two freezes and one crash. Ostensibly, the freezes happen if you linger for too long in the menus. You can unfreeze by putting your PS4 in rest mode and turning it back on. The crash happened in Apollo Square. While I was backtracking the game suddenly crashed, I got an error code and was sent back to the home screen. Moreover, this port suffers from sound glitches. Glad I'm done, won't be replaying it on PS4 again most likely. Needed a break from the whole game after finishing. A remake on PS5 is inevitable though. Great game, rather bad port.

me too it never freezed but I had the exact same crash, save before taking the elevator to not waste too much time.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 0:35 PM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Is this the reason why the trophy guide is labeled as a 3-4/10 difficulty? If so, then what would the difficulty be if the exploit didn’t exist or wasn’t used?

Sorry this is late reply but I completed the game on the difficulty right before "I Choose The Impossible" and that was hard as hell... I'm pretty good at FPS games too but the Bioshock games have very "stiff" movement and that kind of makes it difficult if you know what I'm saying

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Marco_CSDCC said:

Does the glitch work on ps3?

Let me quote HuntingFever's post:

On 1/29/2020 at 5:16 AM, HuntingFever said:

Only if you have a very specific US version of the game and play unpatched but the DLC version of the exploit is a PS4/XB1 exclusive.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...